What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla grow nutes question autoflower

Hi I know there is probably a more suitable section for this thread but I know my questions will get answered in this section which is why I chose to post it here

Can I use 100% natural compost, the black compost found under leaves in the woods, to grow autoflowers? Will this provide enough nutes for the grow?

Can I use 2 gal trash bags?

What would be the best method for starting autoflowers starting in small pot or planting in final pot? Final pot may possess a challenge as we are still having nights temps in the 40s and 30s in the near future so I will have to start the first few weeks indoors

If possible I would like to know starting pot size, at what week/size/development stage I should transplant at, what size pot/trash bag to transfer in/final soil combo I have dry nutes I can use or liquid if I want to water nutes in just trying to figure out the most efficient process. this is my first time doing auto and my first time growing outdoors

Fuck all of you for not responding

Found a good guerrila grow guide online tho

I found the tidbit about black compost under leaves in a previous guide which is why I asked about it

Anyway in this new guide it says that to have a successful harvest I must go deep in the woods... deeper than what I was thinking originally so I’m not sure about my first site

And that I can mix good, purchased soil with natural compost found outdoors

And water in nutes or dig a hole and prepare it but that’s hard work blah blah but it has good info and it is very helpful for what it is I’m getting ready to do

Still wish I could use compost and avoid having to lug soil somewhere altogether I really wish someone with experience would chime in

Went out today and found a real good thick branch that was spongy I’m pretty sure I found compost

Went to pull it, pull the whole thing by hand I just mushed it pieced by piece until I got all the sponge in my bag.

Found another another my way back to my car and was excited started scooping once again and pulled a black snake up in the air and damn near shit myself I ran around screaming tied my bag up and went home

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whoa, dude. Don't be angry. Probably would have garnered a few responses in the autoflower section and not being foul mouthed about it.

Outdoors- 2-5 gallons, strain dependent. Make sure adequate drainage, full sunlight. Trash bags may stifle roots to breathe.

Autos only need nutes in bloom stage, indoors or outside. If supplementing use 1/3 strength.

KaYa-mon

You already provided very helpfull info, i would say just try and search for few different spots for your plants. That should work fine.

Joint Lock

1st grow plants indoors 2 or 3 weeks in styrofoam cups w/potting soil. Under CFL or Florescent bulbs
(They are ready when the stems are not flimsy)

%% Clones work best w/healthy roots %%

2nd: Find a secure spot outdoors away from everyone and everything

3rd: Dig holes deep and wide . (bigger the better)

4th: Get some gravel or perlite mix into your backfill soil or compost
U the soil to be wet be also able to dry out .This will also help roots push thru the soil . WE want damp moist roots not saturated soggy roots

5th: Transplant the 2-3 week old plants into the ground @ the proper time in your area (Every place is different) Here its around May 10-15th

6: Sprinkle Osmocoat fertlizer as directed on the label around the base of the plants

7: Water every 3-5 days if no rain for first few weeks.
If rain and storms roll in make sure to go check on them after
Sooner the better ... Organics can be done but your asking for pest

Durring flowering You may have to water every other day depending on temps for nice yeilds in hotter climates . In potters you could be water 2-3x a day in a hot area, middle of summer day

Thats the basics man . All i can tell you is look for water sources that are off the beaten path

I took this route my first time few yrs back . Worked out great . Was it the best method (NO) Did i get some nice killer smoke yes. Also be weary of growing bag seeds they may not finish in your area before weather changes for the bad

1st grow plants indoors 2 or 3 weeks in styrofoam cups w/potting soil. Under CFL or Florescent bulbs
(They are ready when the stems are not flimsy)

%% Clones work best w/healthy roots %%

2nd: Find a secure spot outdoors away from everyone and everything

3rd: Dig holes deep and wide . (bigger the better)

4th: Get some gravel or perlite mix into your backfill soil or compost
U the soil to be wet be also able to dry out .This will also help roots push thru the soil . WE want damp moist roots not saturated soggy roots

5th: Transplant the 2-3 week old plants into the ground @ the proper time in your area (Every place is different) Here its around May 10-15th

6: Sprinkle Osmocoat fertlizer as directed on the label around the base of the plants

7: Water every 3-5 days if no rain for first few weeks.
If rain and storms roll in make sure to go check on them after
Sooner the better ... Organics can be done but your asking for pest

Durring flowering You may have to water every other day depending on temps for nice yeilds in hotter climates . In potters you could be water 2-3x a day in a hot area, middle of summer day

Thats the basics man . All i can tell you is look for water sources that are off the beaten path

I took this route my first time few yrs back . Worked out great . Was it the best method (NO) Did i get some nice killer smoke yes. Also be weary of growing bag seeds they may not finish in your area before weather changes for the bad

Thank you for this.

I just finished my soil today my base is coco, peat, decomposed cow manure, wet perlite one part each

The I added lime at full strength,

Then I added kelp, bone, blood, greensand all at one tblspoon per 2 gals.

Starting them indoors and I’m a little worried about low temps how low is too low? I’m thinking about doing them in veg room

hamstring

Veteran
If you choose a spot you have to water once per day you picked the wrong spot.

Unless you want a organic grow all you need to do is dig a hole in relatively good soil and add some slow release ferts.

I dont grow autos and I never dig a hole larger than 18-20 inches in diameter and 18 inches deep. That hole will support a 1/2 - 3/4 lb plant.

I have planted all the seeds

I layered the soil with base top half bottom half nutes, with a patch of coco to plant the seed in. I have a 100% success rate started seeds/clones whatever in coco now. So I make a small hole in top of soil and put coco in that to start seeds

The strain is dark creatures by gwc

If you choose a spot you have to water once per day you picked the wrong spot.

Unless you want a organic grow all you need to do is dig a hole in relatively good soil and add some slow release ferts.

I dont grow autos and I never dig a hole larger than 18-20 inches in diameter and 18 inches deep. That hole will support a 1/2 - 3/4 lb plant.

I’m glad you shared your experience because every guide I read says to make a 3.5 ft diameter

Latest posts

Latest posts