What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Honduras

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking good in there your going to get some big plants soon. I did one Panama x Honduras and I had it on 11/13 from day one or would have been in trouble in my small space.
The smells are going to be incredible when they flower.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking good in there your going to get some big plants soon. I did one Panama x Honduras and I had it on 11/13 from day one or would have been in trouble in my small space.
The smells are going to be incredible when they flower.

Hi Tangwena,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience! :huggg:

I am nervous and excited about the stretch. I'm hoping I didn't severely underestimate the stretch in my grow space. I went into the grow room a few minutes ago (less than 36 hours after flipping) and they're already noticeably different. I may have to do some training and tying to control these beasts if they get to wild.

Cheers all,

Kas

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

Subbed up for the rest of the grow.
Very nice start and they look healthy. Just curious as to what 1/4 strength nutrients works out to with PPM/EC if you can check next time you mix up some nutrients that would be great.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

Kaskadian

Veteran
Subbed up for the rest of the grow.
Very nice start and they look healthy. Just curious as to what 1/4 strength nutrients works out to with PPM/EC if you can check next time you mix up some nutrients that would be great.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

Hey GG! Thanks for stopping by brother! I actually just checked tonight while feeding. At 1/4 strength nutrients I was getting 320 PPM & 0.6 EC using regular tap.

Hope this helps!

:tiphat:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ok folks these pics were taken approximately 24-30 hours after flipping them onto 11/13. The plants were a touch droopy after having a day off without water, but they're noticeably different than they were on flip day. Roots are starting to pop out of the drain holes, and they've packed on about 4-5cm overnight...

They seem to have recovered from the cal/mag deficiency they were suffering from. Continuing feeding 1/4 strength nutrients daily including cal/mag. Going back to daily watering now. Sorry for the low quality pictures, snapped them quickly while feeding and tossed them back in their home.

Attachments

• phh29181.jpg
    phh29181.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 17
  • phh29182.jpg
    phh29182.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 21
  • phh29183.jpg
    phh29183.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 16
  • phh29184.jpg
    phh29184.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 18

gorilla ganja

Hey GG! Thanks for stopping by brother! I actually just checked tonight while feeding. At 1/4 strength nutrients I was getting 320 PPM & 0.6 EC using regular tap.

Hope this helps!

320 PPM - your 280 water PPM= 40 PPM of food that is very low.
I know these are light feeders but you may want to keep a close eye on that.
Having said that they look pretty healthy and some nice growth so that's all that really counts.

Peace GG

ULMW

Greetings Kas,
Looking like they are settling in nicely and plants will be usyally more forgiving than not. Glad you added a buffer agent of cal/mag each feed Coco needs that but little else. Those plants will do you proud in flower now. Enjoy your garden ! Happy growing!

Kaskadian

Veteran
320 PPM - your 280 water PPM= 40 PPM of food that is very low.
I know these are light feeders but you may want to keep a close eye on that.
Having said that they look pretty healthy and some nice growth so that's all that really counts.

Peace GG

Hi GG,

I don’t think I was very clear on this, but my tap is actually around 80 PPMs. In previous posts I commented on my tap being garbage so people understood I wasn’t giving nutrient sensitive seedlings 280 PPM feedings. These sativas are actually being fed around 240 PPM when considering the 80 PPM from tap — sorry for the confusion!

I replaced my TDS meter last week after my old one started throwing out weird numbers, this new one is matching the numbers my cheapo backup is putting out so I’m thinking this is an accurate reading.

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Greetings Kas,
Looking like they are settling in nicely and plants will be usyally more forgiving than not. Glad you added a buffer agent of cal/mag each feed Coco needs that but little else. Those plants will do you proud in flower now. Enjoy your garden ! Happy growing!

Hi ULMW! Thank you brother, they're a pleasure to watch. I look forward to getting home from work each night to see how they've developed. I'm definitely enjoying the show so far. I hope I do this strain justice. :huggg:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Chuggin' along... seemed to be quite happy despite being a bit cramped in their current location. I put them temporarily under the T5s to take a few pictures. A lot of side branches are stretching up towards to top of the canopy. It's like each branch has a mind of it's own and it doesn't care what the rest of the plant is doing.

Two plants have a distinct aroma already. One smells vaguely of overripe spicy mango and sage... the other has a weird fruity hummus kind of smell. I'm sure this can change as it goes along but both are very pleasant and unique.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
Grow Medium: 70% Coco 30% Perlite
Nutrients: 1/4 Strength
PPM: 320
EC: 0.6
Water: Tap PH'd to 5.5-5.8
Lighting: 600W HPS
Temperature: 22C/72F
[/FONT]

Attachments

• phh210183.jpg
    phh210183.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 20
    66.1 KB · Views: 41
  • phh210182.jpg
    phh210182.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 22

Kaskadian

Veteran
Plants seem happy folks; they are lovely to watch. I'm hoping to be able to get a few cuts off them when they really start to explode. They've already put on a significant amount of size just since flipping the lights. I'm excited to see what they have in store in the coming weeks.

Put them under the T5s for photos. Then they're back under the HPS.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
PH: 5.8
PH Runoff:
5.9 Water: Tap PH'd
Temperature: 22C/72F
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Attachments

• phh212185.jpg
    phh212185.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 15
  • phh212184.jpg
    phh212184.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 22
  • phh212183.jpg
    phh212183.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 19
  • phh212182.jpg
    phh212182.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 16

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice job training those plants they are going to produce big time hats off to you my friend.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Nice job training those plants they are going to produce big time hats off to you my friend.

Thanks! I’m excited to watch them develop. Going back and looking at their pre-flip size they’ve definitely stretched significantly. I’m sure that’ll continue for quite some time. Glad I didn’t veg them to long! I bet they’ll still be growing when the 7-8 week hybrids finish up in the same tent!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

Thanks for the updates. Looks like everything is under control ;)
Yes, they are going to stretch a lot, plan it properly and don't delay the flowering too much to avoid too large plants that could be problematic to illuminate them properly under the lamps.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

Thanks for the updates. Looks like everything is under control ;)
Yes, they are going to stretch a lot, plan it properly and don't delay the flowering too much to avoid too large plants that could be problematic to illuminate them properly under the lamps.

Thanks Dubi!
:huggg:

I’m hoping everything will be okay. They were put under 11/13 just under a week ago. Tomorrow night makes a full 7 days since they were flipped.

The smallest have gone from approximately 12cm to 20cm and the largest and stretchiest is already over 30cm... so they’ve all basically doubled their size or better in less than a week. I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer to get them into flower.

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Thanks Dubi!
:huggg:

I’m hoping everything will be okay. They’ve were put under 11/13 just under a week ago. Tomorrow night makes a full 7 days since they were flipped.

The smallest have gone from approximately 12cm to 20cm and the largest and stretchiest is already over 30cm... so they’ve all basically doubled their size or better in less than a week. I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer to get them into flower.

Lookin' good Kaskadian. Remember not too much N also to control stretch. I messed this part up with the Hazes:biggrin:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Good works Kas! Enjoy the stetch!

Thanks brother! I’m enjoying the show so far.

Lookin' good Kaskadian. Remember not too much N also to control stretch. I messed this part up with the Hazes:biggrin:

Thanks for the reminder, it’s seriously good advice! They’re on full flower nutrients now which still has N but in very low levels. PK levels are moderate but the plants are still only being fed a daily dose at 1/4 strength.

Cheers all!

Kas

Kaskadian

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
PH: 5.8
PH Runoff:
5.9 Water: Tap PH'd
Temperature: 25C/77F
[/FONT]

All seems to be going well. I took a few cuttings from the bottom of the plants. Not gonna be taking anything else off these plants for the duration of the grow. Still stretching away like crazy!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• 218181.jpg
    218181.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 218182.jpg
    218182.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 218184.jpg
    218184.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 12