What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
It's time to put some pictures of huge plants:biggrin:
Tom Hill Haze & Copalita Oaxaca
picture.php

Pan-o-haze
picture.php

Little boy Nl5 x haze
picture.php

NL5 x haze & Nl5hz x zamaldelica
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
A sativa crosses group (pan-o-haze male x afghani landrace NLD, x master kush, x electric lady) rainbow bridge #1 & some seedlings of Oaxaca sativa
picture.php

I had posted in the wrong thread, i need a holiday in a sativa land........

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

, i noticed couple of nanas last week so chopped at 17 weeks smelling of citrus mango bacon crisps sage an onion stuffing and lil leather

Breadwizard

picture.php

Zapotec from norstar, I think this pheno runs to the 81 Oaxacan gold side, as opposed to the SMCG father. First hairs started to turn, bonsai plant in a 1 gallon pot.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
State of the art

State of the art

Mother Kerala heavily pruned and in bloom, one month in
attachment.php

Kerala x Durban unfortunately turned out to be a male, will have to cull before it opens, this is not a seed run ;D. Notice how the leaf shape is determined by the motherline (looks like Kerala)
attachment.php

Durban x (AutoExtreme x Kerala) blooming one month, this one is a plant my sister had started in February and had to hand over to me due to nosy neighbours, she did a great job at starting it as I have not done anything other than water it since I had it, the other DAK I had been posting on the forum finally threw the towel after the 4rth reveg, though I still see it's trying to (reason why I haven't uprooted the stalk yet :p)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_142147.jpg
    IMG_20200511_142147.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200517_092412.jpg
    IMG_20200517_092412.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200511_142134.jpg
    IMG_20200511_142134.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 26

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Nanan Bouclou

Nanan Bouclou

Beautiful plant yaxu!

OCS - an intriguing cross!

Coincidentally I have had a few questions from folks about Nanan Bouclou in the last few days, so here you go:

My affair with Nanan Bouclou lasted a few short years. Though we still visit upon occasion. ;)

Nanan Bouclou (or Nana Buluku), was the mother goddess Supreme in cultures centered around the West African country of Benin. She gave birth to the moon, the sun and all of existance. Her immortal offspring were worshiped and became a foundational part of the Voodoo religion, hence the designation of her name to this Haitian/Pauan strain.

Her odor could range from a honey, caramel, lemony papaya in one plant to dead ringer for a raw radish in another.

Relatively easy to grow for a supposed pure sativa. I strongly feel that she had a WLD uncle somewhere in her bloodline, or else the effort to shorten her flowering period incurred a similar effect - no telling if one can't smoke her anticedents. My prefered phenos ran to 17 weeks ( a lot more stretch and some foxtailing), though others could be ready as soon as 13 or 14 weeks (stubbier and more compact buds).
Some phenos would color nicely right around chop time - but mainly in the remaining fan leaves.

The initial up and the subsequent hour or two were what hooked me, but the comedown was what made me finally move on. For me the up was very maternal and welcoming, fun weed while still having trippy edge to it - kind of how a good Columbian can balance the electric edge of say a Thai when they are crossed.

But I am a very finicky bastard, and I could not get rid of what I thought as the WLD influence - a heaviness, drag and muddiness, that crept in once the high crested - but caveat - not that strong of an effect to most and more of a reflection of my personal taste, as most fellow participants were not as aware, or not aware at all of this.

I crossed and backcrossed, breed her to a MangoBiche, a Purple Zamal, Punto Rojo, a Llamera.... and she usually brought to the crosses some of what I liked in her, but always that part that I didn't like also. She was part of my go to herb selection for a few years.

I still love the idea of a Hatian/Papuan cross. Haven't yet been to Haiti, but I have visited Papua many times, the first time being in 1986.

If you ever run across her, definitely worth a sampling... Most folks I know have a wider pallate of herbal preferences than I, a bit more tolerance for the mild stone in the high, hence she might suit you just fine! She can smell devine after a 6+ month cure.

I guess I will be sampling one of her offspring this next harvest, as my friend is growing out one of my crosses (Lilly x MangoBiche) x (Nanan Bouclou x MangoBiche) at the moment. A cross I made when focusing mainly on an olfactory target. Looking forward to sampling that one!

Last edited:
H

hard rain

shiroshi, great pics and description of Nanan Bouclou.

This is a great variety. I agree about the indica like aspect to the high. You describe the aromas and high well. I would still rate most pheno's at 80% plus Sativas, in terms of high. Complex high, but you can still do things. Feel good, happy high for the most. I dont get quite as burnt out as shiroshi seems to get, and I enjoy pure sativas. I mostly vape which maybe makes a difference?

My go to pot at the moment.
Sorry sativa purists, but I swear she smokes/vapes like one!
Mostly.
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
My go to pot at the moment.
Sorry sativa purists, but I swear she smokes/vapes like one!
Mostly.
View Image View Image

Hey hard rain!
No need for saying any sorries - she was one of my go to herbs for quite a while, and as you can tell I am still fond of her, she is just no longer in my mother room, which bummed more than a few of my friends out. Such a lovey plant to cross for unique smelling offspring!

one more pic:
picture.php

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Beautiful plant yaxu!

OCS - an intriguing cross!

Coincidentally I have had a few questions from folks about Nanan Bouclou in the last few days, so here you go:

My affair with Nanan Bouclou lasted a few short years. Though we still visit upon occasion. ;)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83283&pictureid=2039554&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Nanan Bouclou (or Nana Buluku), was the mother goddess Supreme in cultures centered around the West African country of Benin. She gave birth to the moon, the sun and all of existance. Her immortal offspring were worshiped and became a foundational part of the Voodoo religion, hence the designation of her name to this Haitian/Pauan strain.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83283&pictureid=2039552&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Her odor could range from a honey, caramel, lemony papaya in one plant to dead ringer for a raw radish in another.

Relatively easy to grow for a supposed pure sativa. I strongly feel that she had a WLD uncle somewhere in her bloodline, or else the effort to shorten her flowering period incurred a similar effect - no telling if one can't smoke her anticedents. My prefered phenos ran to 17 weeks ( a lot more stretch and some foxtailing), though others could be ready as soon as 13 or 14 weeks (stubbier and more compact buds).
Some phenos would color nicely right around chop time - but mainly in the remaining fan leaves.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83283&pictureid=2039558&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The initial up and the subsequent hour or two were what hooked me, but the comedown was what made me finally move on. For me the up was very maternal and welcoming, fun weed while still having trippy edge to it - kind of how a good Columbian can balance the electric edge of say a Thai when they are crossed.

But I am a very finicky bastard, and I could not get rid of what I thought as the WLD influence - a heaviness, drag and muddiness, that crept in once the high crested - but caveat - not that strong of an effect to most and more of a reflection of my personal taste, as most fellow participants were not as aware, or not aware at all of this.

I crossed and backcrossed, breed her to a MangoBiche, a Purple Zamal, Punto Rojo, a Llamera.... and she usually brought to the crosses some of what I liked in her, but always that part that I didn't like also. She was part of my go to herb selection for a few years.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83283&pictureid=2039556&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I still love the idea of a Hatian/Papuan cross. Haven't yet been to Haiti, but I have visited Papua many times, the first time being in 1986.

If you ever run across her, definitely worth a sampling... Most folks I know have a wider pallate of herbal preferences than I, a bit more tolerance for the mild stone in the high, hence she might suit you just fine! She can smell devine after a 6+ month cure.

I guess I will be sampling one of her offspring this next harvest, as my friend is growing out one of my crosses (Lilly x MangoBiche) x (Nanan Bouclou x MangoBiche) at the moment. A cross I made when focusing mainly on an olfactory target. Looking forward to sampling that one!

interesting post ive grown her out an bred her to a few different lines myself best crosses for me were to uhkrul and oaxacan the oaxacan x flavors were delisous ,,i find her effect same as you there too much comedown crash for a pure sativa not couchlock but a certain stoniness,, i was given a 18 month cure nb x sk1 haze today this was an improvement on the nb to imo ,i also have a cut i call blue lagoon which is nb x acapulco gold crossed a good blue haze with long lasting no comedown effect seems to have got the best of both worlds flavours really good to ,,thanks for the post :tiphat:

harvestreaper

Veteran
That one looks like a nightmare to trim. One of the things I love about sativas is that they can usually be trimmed with minimal effort.
nah its not to bad if you look at the smaller bud in the pics that what most is like its just the main cola grew like some 3 d rendered dragons head lol