What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Market prices from 1975!

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Scanned a couple pages from one my original 1975 High times....back when the magazine was worth reading lol. Thought some of you would get a kick out of the market prices. was this back when a dime was dime lol?
market1.jpg

market2.jpg

L

LolaGal

Well a "dime bag" was $10 and it usually was 2 fingers wide in a sandwich baggie. It weighed anywhere between 1/4 oz and an ounce.

ROJO145

Veteran
Nice find Chief:wave:sure was a different world then,a workin man was bringin 100 a wk home and a 2 bedroom apt cost ya 75 a month in my area!! It may look cheap now but I was always tryin to scratch up enuf for a sack then to!!!:wave:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lid is where they would pour weed on top of a folgers can lid, when the weed started to topple off the lid it was full lol.....cave man measurements

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
oh .....1975 was when I first started toking........in London (UK).....and those London prices look about right as far as my memory goes....

...Interesting post......check out the price of a Thai stick in Bangkok....lol

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
oh .....1975 was when I first started toking........in London (UK).....and those London prices look about right as far as my memory goes....

...Interesting post......check out the price of a Thai stick in Bangkok....lol

I was in Pattaya Beach Thailand in '80, and was getting Thai Stick for 15 Baht each (20 Baht per Dollar)...I bought a brick, of 500 TS...for $150(US)--
It was at that time in my life...I almost stayed there-- I love that Country-- :tiphat:

motaloca

^^^^^ Prices gone up a lot since the government started the war on drugs when Thaksin took power.
Before 2001 we would still get an ounce for 500bhat ( ca 12$ then) now from what i've heard from my old friends a 500 bhat bag will give about 5 to 10 grams.
I love the country the people the food the culture but I had to move cause Thai jail is no fun.
There are still two countries in the region were smoking is pretty much tolerated and weed is plenty and cheap.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
^^^^^ Prices gone up a lot since the government started the war on drugs when Thaksin took power.
Before 2001 we would still get an ounce for 500bhat ( ca 12$ then) now from what i've heard from my old friends a 500 bhat bag will give about 5 to 10 grams.
I love the country the people the food the culture but I had to move cause Thai jail is no fun.
There are still two countries in the region were smoking is pretty much tolerated and weed is plenty and cheap.

Damn...that is unfortunate-- Politics ruins everything--
Much Love for the Thai People--

M3@n_0n3

Prices being what they are, that's probably why each of us is his/her own best customer.

But some of that old school Thai stick would taste pretty good right now! :bongsmi:

Walk in, roll OUT!

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I started when you could get an oz of columbian gold for $20........I just wish I had saved some seeds doh. Never had an opportunity to smoke sticks.....guess I didn't have the right connect

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
In 75 I bought ten pounds of nice mexican at 130 per, sold it all at 15 per oz, and paid my expenses for my last semester at college. You could say I was getting an education while getting an education. [I bought the weed with my tuition money, and paid the college late]
H

Latest posts

Latest posts