What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drum and Bass

Fingaz2

D&B can soon get overdone by anyone using a computer, cut & Paste drum loops, so its nice to see someone doing it the skill way fatblunt. Saw Ronnie Size once, the drummer & double bass players playing in total harmony, talk about skill!
UK D&B check out Ed Rush & Optical "The Creeps". DJ Majik. The Hospital mix 2.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i love getting high and jamming, its great...
thanks for some credit, i do love acustic drums, and hate that computer generated shit, anyone can do. thats why im not a rap fan...

Fingaz2

I suppose good music is good music, douesnt really matter what its made with,
but computers can be limiting. The human touch brings music alive, thats why the best DB has to have female vocals. I reckon.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea, i found this bumper sticker that i like alot... it says "drum machines have no soul" its completely true. i have it in front of my drums and look at it while i play. alittle motivation.

Stizo

Veteran
Drum and Bass thread resurection

Drum and Bass thread resurection

99% of drum and bass is shit but I love the 1% that is good. Everything is digital these days and I need new tunes to listen to every week. Most releases wirth listening to are released on mondays and fridays. Here's a corker from last friday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBcmi-WeXlY

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
My only internet subscription is for di.fm (digitally imported radio) It's dozens of streams (radio stations) of electronic music. Generally you pick your style, such as D'n'B and get back to back records that are doing the rounds. After which you get a recorded mix session from the last few years. They back a lot of new talent and broadcast live sessions every day. The shows schedule (diary) is always worth a look at.

There are 49 live shows today. The D'n'B channels is 5 till 6 gmt.

As a guest you get half an hour uninterrupted. Then you can get a free account and put up with adverts. Or cough up the $10 a month to never hear an advert again. Obviously you get phone apps with such a premium service, and choice of streaming speeds.

D'n'B was the last thing I listened to on my desktop. I have been listening to it since it evolved in the 80s. I love my bassline music, and the rattling of pots and pans.

Latest posts

Latest posts