What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA strikes Syria again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
back on the OT

back on the OT

check this out, now if this is a true translation it's very very very very very interesting, no?

Theresa May Pays White Helmets to Prevent Chemical Weapon Attacks Exposure?

[YOUTUBEIF]ruHauFmqEn0[/YOUTUBEIF]

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that chap in the link has the life expectancy of a house fly,,,,
making threats like that wont sit well,,,,,s2

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is worth a look too, SyrianGirl trying to counter the anti Syrian government narrative, interesting to see just how many of the Syrian people support their government. most of this kind of footage rarely makes it into western media, but i have seen it again and again when the Syrian army liberated a place the civilians swarmed out and welcomed the army with joy. there are many that were never friends of the government, but have come to realize that it represents the only way not to end up being ruled by stone age wahabists of the rapey and head choppy variety.

[YOUTUBEIF]iLylpRn9uXQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's no strength at all when you have 1 voice being dictated to all the states, strength is having your own foreign policy and only agreeing with the other countries when you actually agree. now instead of having to build a concensus, all the happens is Brussels dictates what the eu foreign policy will be, they implement sanctions and the member states can just like it or lump it. EU beurocrats mostly just do what they are told by uncle Sams deep state. so forgive me if i don't see a european empire as some kind of good thing, specially not with Germany taking the head role. i think millions died to stop that shit last time and here we are saying what a great idea it is to have even closer political union.

but the worst part is the huge amount of waste and corruption that having a whole separate governmental agency in Brussels means, do you know how much is paid in kushy jobs for worthless beurocrats in the eu system? then they sit there declaring new laws (benefitting their bribers in the corporate world)for all their member states, no matter if 90% want said laws or not, all they are and have been focused on ever since they were initially financed was how to increase their financing and power at the expense of the member states wealth and sovereign power. right from the beginning the eu was set up to be anti democratic, real power is in the non elected offices who answer to no one. so yeah, fuck the eu and the horse it rode in on. with any luck the whole gang of millions of lazy corrupt beurocrats sucking off the european common man tit will be chucked out and made to find honest work.

who's voice? :(

I am an outsider looking in, so forgive me the details. I look at the broader picture and make my own opinion.

China, India. Two rising powers commanding billions of followers all going in the same direction. Africa has recently started the beginnings of a Union, despite some large initial hurdles.

The world is polarizing into large blocs. Before it was the West vs the East, now there are many more factions.

Europe is fragmented by rivers and borders over territories ranging in size from France, Poland and Germany down to micronations smaller than my island, let alone province.

What would Canada be if each province went their own way? Nothing. Granted we do not have the linguistic or cultural diversity that is held so dear to keep small peoples separate, nothing would be accomplished if we all had a different direction. We have many institutions that are indepedent by province, region or municipality, and together they consume the majority of tax dollars stamping papers.

You speak of bureaucratic largesse. What is more wasteful, 300 million people ruled by 40 separate bureaucracies, or one?

Perhaps the current framework is not appealing to all, but when I see opposition to EU development, it is always under the flag of nationalism, something better left in the last century along with the long history of useless wars it has brought about.

So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people, a silly people - greedy, barbarous, and cruel, as you are

Badfishy1

I am an outsider looking in, so forgive me the details. I look at the broader picture and make my own opinion.

China, India. Two rising powers commanding billions of followers all going in the same direction. Africa has recently started the beginnings of a Union, despite some large initial hurdles.

The world is polarizing into large blocs. Before it was the West vs the East, now there are many more factions.

Europe is fragmented by rivers and borders over territories ranging in size from France, Poland and Germany down to micronations smaller than my island, let alone province.

What would Canada be if each province went their own way? Nothing. Granted we do not have the linguistic or cultural diversity that is held so dear to keep small peoples separate, nothing would be accomplished if we all had a different direction. We have many institutions that are indepedent by province, region or municipality, and together they consume the majority of tax dollars stamping papers.

You speak of bureaucratic largesse. What is more wasteful, 300 million people ruled by 40 separate bureaucracies, or one?

Perhaps the current framework is not appealing to all, but when I see opposition to EU development, it is always under the flag of nationalism, something better left in the last century along with the long history of useless wars it has brought about.

What happened with Quebec trying to succeed 5-10 years ago? Did that go anywhere? Or was that all talk?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What happened with Quebec trying to succeed 5-10 years ago? Did that go anywhere? Or was that all talk?

Talk.

They wanted independence but to continue collecting federal welfare.

Would that it succeeded and we let them leave. How a nation losses a war and comes out with the deal they have is beyond me. Let them come begging back and force equal terms as the other provinces recieve.

Badfishy1

Talk.

They wanted independence but to continue collecting federal welfare.

Would that it succeeded and we let them leave. How a nation losses a war and comes out with the deal they have is beyond me. Let them come begging back and force equal terms as the other provinces recieve.

Thanks m8. Have spent a decent amount of time in Canada.... Quebec is a weird place

M

moose eater

Independence versus larger cooperatives is a lot like the decisions to enter unions or not in labor; all things being Yin & Yang.

You may gain larger effect for the size of the whole, greater diversity within the whole of a larger group, greater military or International presence, etc. but the finer points of values and etc., can be easier lost in the larger group. A louder voice, more power in some ways, but loss of unique individualism is a balancing act.

Re. the differences in size of bureaucracy, I'm not sure it's clean cut. I think bureaucracies have the tendency to grow, either way, with larger organisms having to have each node covered, and more of them in each position, versus smaller nations having to recreate the wheel and have each of those positions unto their own organizations, but smaller in number or size.

But then to temper that opinion, I look at the disarray of some (not all, by any means, but some) of the First Nations' tribal entities in their newer roles in mid-level government.. But I think some of that lack of coordination or function is brought on by the 'newness' of such an entity recently becoming a virtual branch of managing government in those places; some have functioned fairly well, while others have been mind-numbingly lacking in direction, structure, and even basic functions.

Quebec's been pushing for independence for about 45 years now, going back to Reni Lavec (spelling?). I believe that as a sensitivity and inclusion move, bi-lingual labeling in Canada took effect over 40 years ago; taught me more useful French than 2 years of perpetually stoned, early morning French 1 in middle school & high school. And a number of the children of friends over there, now adults, graduated from French Immersion tracks in high school. A benefit overall, in my view.

Y

Yard dog

where's the USA strikes Palestinian thread?

DdQIIXPU0AAoAFW.jpg

W

Water-

you mean Israel strikes the Palestinians? US gives backing as always, but they are not directly taking part in the shooting fish in a barrel game the idf plays from the other side of the fence with their sniper rifles.

they are directly supporting and defending it in every way.

it could not happen without the US.

even supplying the weapons, they are doing everything but pulling the trigger themselves.

jidoka

But, but the children, the poison gas. If I were a cynical person I might start to think it ain’t the children