What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humidity up and down.

I have a 5x6' flower room, 5x6 veg room and a 20x12' room with the mini split-heat pump in it. Big room is the "lung". My concrete floor is wet in all rooms but humidity is 45% in bloom room. 80% in the other two rooms. I just want to even it out. Going to get 1/4" foam for the floor. Hopefully insulating the floor. 1000de gavita for bloom, veg is 150 hps. Any thoughts?

MrBungle

so you are saying your veg exhausts into your flower and flower exhausts into the "lung room" that has a ductless split with heat pump? what size is the mini split? do you have any other dehumidifiers? does the a/c maintain temp? or is it constantly running?

corky1968

Veteran
I know the feeling. I was stressing out yesterday when I noticed the humidity around 40%. I have
it now at 50% when the light is on. At night it jumps to 70%. I'm still working on something to try
to get it to 60% though during the day.

You don't want 80% in the bloom room or your buds will rot.

Anything below 60% is best for flowering.

Both exhaust to the lung. And both rooms pull from the lung. 12,000 btu. It doesn't run much at all. The temp outside is in the 50's. this is in a shop also. So the shop is not heated or cooled. Temp is easy to maintain.

I would like to keep it at 60-65%. The humidifier I put in there yesterday helped with lights on. But this morning everything on the floor is wet. Not damp. I think it may be cold concrete and my canopy has not filled in yet. Got 9 lady's. 15 gal bags. Tying to. E an inovator. Made square bags with the pvc supports to hold them up and in shape. I have 1-1/2" gap around all 9 bags for slow evaporattion.

That would effectively low my humidity. So having low humidity in the lung room will increase my humidity in the bloom room?

MrBungle

the wet floors is from condensation.. warm air from the exhaust of your rooms dumping into a big cool unconditioned room will cause condensation

Thanks for letting me bounce some thoughts off of you MrBungle. Right now veg is at 64%, bloom 62% with humidifier running. Lung is 66%. I will do some wMore work on the room today. I think I can even it out a little better. Just need some time and money lol. I will check a few hours after bedtime to see what my numbers are. I put the mini split into auto mode also. It may have been getting to cool at night in the lung. Had it on cool only. I think the heat will come on a little at night. That gavita puts out some heat. Keeps everything warm.

DrCannaMac

Cant get the humidity up.

Cant get the humidity up.

I got my temp dialed in right but cant get my humidity up to 60%. My humidity is staying between 30% to 40%. What can i do to get the humidity to rise? I have a 4x8 grow tent. I have a hurricane blow fan, i have to plug in fans and i have two 1000wts solis tek lights but im only running 1 at the time. This is my first time growing. And "All" info or recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Latest posts

Latest posts