What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free your fluorescent bud pics!!

Rastatrue

Hey Now, these are all some fine floro ganja shots. I always wanted a 1000w HPS system, but i'm not a commercial grower. I just cant afford a $500 fixture,$100 replacement bulb, and a buzzing transformer on the floor of my grow space.
for my money floros work just fine. I don't need extra fans, exhaust systems and the high electric bill that comes with using a HD system. I know you folks with the high tech lighting systems laugh at us floro growers, but it works! These photo's prove that.
great shots!

guineapig

Veteran
Are those 8-foor fluorescent tubes Bud Hi? Are they traditional fluoros or the new t-8 fluoros?

Thats an awesome stem for a fluoro grow, probably the largest i've ever seen for a fluoro grow.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

K

khaleel

Bud Hi said:
I only use 2--- 20" window fans set on low, 1 pushing and 1 pullin

complete set-up uses only $20, extra on the electric bill :joint:

outstanding my friend! that's what this thread is all about. :respect:

flexo: thanks, they are very dense believe it or not. a little smaller than hps i'm sure, maybe 20% or even a little more depending, but its great smoke and its definitely worth doing imo. :canabis:

wvrastafari: thanks for the kind words sir, its great to hear the spirit has moved you to stay on the dark side lol

rastatrue: roger that brother! :rasta:

ash: muchos gracious mi amigo :bandit:

killuminati, guineapig: thanks for posting guys, hope you enjoy the thread! :headbange

keep em rollin boys and girls :kewlpics:

here's one more, don't think its been up. Super Ice:

and a closeup of a chrystal bud on the lst'd girl in week six:

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
damn i am almost tempted to set up some floros in the garage and run some autoflower plants out there. You guys are gettin some frosty nugs off the flors.

Bud Hi

khaleel = nice Budd's :headbange
guineapig said:
Are those 8-foor fluorescent tubes Bud Hi? Are they traditional fluoros or the new t-8 fluoros?

Thats an awesome stem for a fluoro grow, probably the largest i've ever seen for a fluoro grow.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Yes, 8ft regular cool white shop lights-I trying this , as a game of "How cheap" to grow and a 12v re-chargeable battery, for the car winch, to raise and lower the upper set of lights/ to service the ladies :spank: they are low maintence>>>can feed them, while washing any dust, off the tubes

K

khaleel

chubbynugs, thanks for stoppin by! hell yeah set up and get those floros going!

Killuminatti said:
My favorite question: What's your average yield?

not sure what an "average" will be yet. would be interesting to do a SOG grow and compare the square foot yield with that advertised by the seedbank.

if your question was rhetorical, haha of course the floro's will be less. maybe around 20%?? i've only harvested a couple of plants, so i can't really say what it will be. i think the straight-grown plants will average maybe 7 grams a piece... but we'll see what happens with the LST'd girls when they are ready.

you've already seen the first one, but i don't know that i've posted the second (Super Ice, this pic is around week three of bloom)...

but regardless its all good. i just saved a ton of money by switching my car insurance to geico.

:smoke:

Bud Hi

flexo said:
dude are you pouring the water directly on the tubes?

pourin, just like the rain, No Harm./water is room temp/74* lower tubes 81* and upper tubes are 96 *---. single pin tubes, wipe off, then rotate 180 wipe again,, the tubes are clean

feed and clean, at the same time :muahaha:

3rd grow, never been a problem, washing the tubes this way(quick and easy). these are 8ft, lower heat, If they were 4ft, temp, would be to high to do this.

Last edited:
I have always used FL 4 ft. tubes for my vegging set up and have a few in my flowering room at the bottom of the plants. The buds at the bottoms are all full, none looking incomplete as did last time when I didn't have any light getting down there.

Get like 6 of those tubes in there and these things grow like weeds! :bat:

bogusik2

And it's done :D box was for one pot only ( 35x30cm ) and it gave me about 25-35g of decent herb :) It's nothing lesspowerfull that weed from sister under HPS was harvested earlier.. That Grapefruit is really nice sativa :) pzdr

12128donica_cflc_3_1.JPG

12128donica_c_3_.JPG

12128donica_c_5_.JPG

12128donica_cflc.JPG

12128donica_cflc_5_.JPG

12128donica_cflc_6_-med.JPG

K

khaleel

damn bogusik2, great looking buds! :canabis:

thought i'd put up a few pics of the LST'd Chrystal about to come down later this week. enjoy!

K

khaleel

notwhoisayiam said:
I have always used FL 4 ft. tubes for my vegging set up and have a few in my flowering room at the bottom of the plants. The buds at the bottoms are all full, none looking incomplete as did last time when I didn't have any light getting down there.

Get like 6 of those tubes in there and these things grow like weeds! :bat:

and btw thanks for the idea, notwhoisayiam. i paid $7.95 for a shop light at home depot... two 40 watt T12's putting out 2400 lumens each, with no noticeable change in temp; i think it will help my yield substantially (i plan to raise it up a foot or two now that i'm looking at it lol):

here's one to ya :joint:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
where do you guys get 2ft. fluoros? 4ft. is too big for me and i would like to keep a smaller mother/veg/clone chamber. great pics guys!

K

khaleel

lc00p4 said:
where do you guys get 2ft. fluoros? 4ft. is too big for me and i would like to keep a smaller mother/veg/clone chamber. great pics guys!

i got this one for my clone tray at Ace Hardware... think it was twelve bucks or so, real easy to attach to the wall and no heat whatsoever.

hope that helps!

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
khaleel - i can't tell if that is just a single bulb or 2. i'm looking to get a 2 bulb kit. do you know the wattage of that light you got? also, is it the daylight spectrum or cool white?

Latest posts

Latest posts