What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash from multiple strains?

Creeptic

is there any downside to doing a bubble run with trim from a few different strains?

my current grow i decided to grow out many small plants instead of larger ones (4 different types)... so each plant is obviously going to produce less trim per plant... so i figured id just collect all the trim from all the strains together and do a bubble run with the mixed trim

just wondering if there is any downside to doing so?

i normally seperate the trim and have different strains of hash... but it doesnt seem like its worth it for such small plants... but id figure id ask u experts beforehand...

harvest is still about 2 weeks away.... so i have time

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Well if it tastes like shit then maybe but otherwise I dont think so, it'll be mixed but it can be very nice.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
It just depends on if you want to have several types to choose from. Its nice to have a selection as opposed to one mixed batch. If one strain produces particularly good hash, you can keep more of that batch for yourself as an example. Mixed hash can be pretty awesome too IMO.

- Ez

SativaBelieva

The selected strains should all have the best trichomes in the same bag... eg 73mu...

Even then, sometimes the trichs from different strains don't mix... I've had one instance where one type mixed itself out... when handpressing, trichs from one strain just glued to the same... and not to the other strains' trichs...

For smoking it is cool to mix... one for flavor... one for potency... some more so you won't build resistancy to easily... you can mix indica with sativa... or seperate stoned from high...

Last edited:
G

I do it quite often, only because I hardly have enough off 1 strain to make a worth while run. I did recently find a nice Blueberry f4 that produces the most blonde sticky hash I've seen. I will be doing a full run of that as soon as I can.

G

seperate your indicas and sativas. The 73u bag is best for indicas. The 40u and 20u are the sweet spot for sativas. The sativa tric is smaller and straight. It could make your bags drain slower if mixed. Plus pure sativa bubble taste best!

mig

i got some some flying dutchmen pure haze beans..gonna grow em out in one of my next runs...ill post em up and then make some hash and post that up...but thats like 6 months from now...so who knows...i was also wonedering this same question....however i have 3 bagseed ladies and 2 soma ladies, and i was thinking bout doin one big run, but i think im gonna seperate them all...take my time, have lavender hash, citralah hash, and bagseed hash...i cannot wait

spicecowboy

Thank´s to the thread starter Creeptic!

This is a very interresting topic.

Some people grow a wide variety of very small plants.

That´s what I did this time.

This way you have only a small quantity of trim from each different strain.

In my case it would be a bit of this and that, and I wonder what would come out mixing:

Double Dutch

Santa Maria

Sensi Star

White Widow

Orange bud

and Kali Mist

all in one piece of hash.

I mean, of course I did mixed runs before, but never with such a wide range of variety.

And as some plants have a more energetic, heart racig turn, and others are more sedative I wonder how the medical effects wuld be from such a mix(talking about a weird turn which I wouldn´t appreciate).

Then another thing comes to my mind:

All those modern hybrids are a combination of different genetics with different effects anyway...

Well, I´m confused, because before I allways had enough trim per strain to extract the trichomes separately, but this thime I have to deal with ridiculosly small clones that went on 12/12 immediately after they rooted...

I don´t plan to do this again, btw...

Any advice is highly appreciated.

spice

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
So spice, I'm confused. Did you make it, or are you planning on making it? I'd really like to hear how it turns out with so many different plants.

M

medical_shed

I know it's not bubble as such but I recently made some dry sift hash from four or five different strains and it was easily the best thing I ever smoked.

I find mixing different strains of hash or bud always makes it more potent.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
jedi, mikenus, trainwreck, romulan, g13, snowcap, garberville purple, urkle purple, rainbow purple, kush mix is the most complex hash compilation i have.. its not the most potent because its 120u-90u but it certainly rocks a world or two.

i recommend combining them especially if you have little to work with.

Last edited:

Cannabian

ak47 - skunk/haze - blue satellite - berlin

from my results I think there is definately NOT a downside.

Its just like neapolitan ice cream :)

and it all came out melty.

G

I'll be doing a run of bubble in august with trim saved from all my grows this year mixed together. It'll have Sweettooth, Blockhead, Heavenly, Very Berry Surprise x Bubblegum, Skunk Special, Calizahr, Stonehedge, Limon, White Rhino x Black Kush, OG Kush and Wonder Haze in it. I'm really curious to see what happens with it, I mix alot of my weed when smoking anyways because my tolerance has reached an all time high lately :bashhead:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I collect mine already mixed from the screen I process over, after doing a crop, same on the rolling box screen. To me the mixed is always an adventure, so expanding I have to feather toke it - probably crap myself if I held a hit and took the big cough like we used to do. If you want a treat, put a small amount of prime herb in a clean bowl, like a nest, add in a small pile of your sift sand kiff, then just a small drop of honey oil in the middle, and. if you want the whole ride, add a seed sized pea of finger or scissor hash on top. If you are burned out, that will still rock your sox. I call that a dessert bowl.
H

I mix trim all the time.But theres strains that just make better hash than others no matter what,so i seperate them ones.But theres trim/bud that just wont make FMCD even though the bud was awesome,it will stil make great bubble.So when you mix trim leaf that makes hash thats Full Melt with one thats good but just melty,it will make the whole batch so it isnt FMCD.But it will stil rock,thats the only neg to it if its really a neg, but sometimes the melt is too hard to handle so it works out,lol.Peace,PVP

G

I have a kif shaker that I made at home. I put everything into it and have made some dynamite shit. I had shit that was so strong... it was too strong for me. I could not too anything after one hit but wait for it to come down a little. Wish I had some of that right now