What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can cannabis be used to treat surgical scars?

maderfader

Hi everyone,
First time post here, and hope to get advice.

A few years ago my mother had an accident due to a hit and run and she suffered a broken bone in both legs (precisely on the thigh). He had undergone surgery almost 5 or 7 times, and after the operation went smoothly, his surgical wound did not heal until now (still wet and sometimes bleeding).

And have tried any alternative medicine and there have been no changes.
Actually I was hesitant to use marijuana as a medicine for my mother, because I lived in a country that did not legalize marijuana.
But I really want my mother to get well and I don't care about the laws that apply in this country as long as my mother can recover.

What I want to ask is whether marijuana can treat my mother's wounds?

Thank's. GBU

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A cannabis salve (coconut or olive oil) with arnica and/or calendula or geranium oils will help w/ scars.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yes, it will help over time.

Also use the extract from the roots and add methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) to it as well. Just a warm compress of MSM and water will reduce scarring. Apply it daily, and it takes months to years for heavy scarring like burns. It definitely works.

PDX Dopesmoker

Hi everyone,
First time post here, and hope to get advice.

A few years ago my mother had an accident due to a hit and run and she suffered a broken bone in both legs (precisely on the thigh). He had undergone surgery almost 5 or 7 times, and after the operation went smoothly, his surgical wound did not heal until now (still wet and sometimes bleeding).

And have tried any alternative medicine and there have been no changes.
Actually I was hesitant to use marijuana as a medicine for my mother, because I lived in a country that did not legalize marijuana.
But I really want my mother to get well and I don't care about the laws that apply in this country as long as my mother can recover.

What I want to ask is whether marijuana can treat my mother's wounds?

Thank's. GBU

Since you googled everything you could on the topic and didn't find any reputable information, you have an opportunity here to pull off an experiment and find out for yourself.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My mother had surgery on a couple of her toes. She's nearly 80. It did not heal properly for over a year, at least not until I gave her some very poor quality cannabis oil. It was all I had, and it still healed her toes where nothing else did.

Yes, it will help.