What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

S

Sertaiz

they are not gonna. they are sitting behind that trade secret registration station telling you thats it. buy another product, or dont. make your own.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW!!! WTF is wrong with people?
WHY...
Does everybody shoot the messenger?
That doesn't even make sense!
I thought the evil corporations weren't to be trusted... but here we are!!! LMFAO!!!

The ONLY thing TT has brough to the table is their word...

EN has brought lab results showing something other than what TT claims a product to be. It seems the burden of proof lies in TT's court at this point.

Both accounts being new is irrelevant to the argument when one provides data while the other only provides their "TRUST ME" statement.

MrBungle

Questionable data*.... If you ask me I think this is a good thing... I just wish it was approached in a different way.... I think that the evidence presented was not substantial enough to go public and start this whole ordeal.... We need more than a quack's lab reports, and a lab that will go unnamed... Instead of going after a small business with weak claims... build up your case then attack ... OP showed his cards WAY too early....

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Eventually this will be clear.

Who's ordered some viscosity to test? Anyone find additional reports of harshness or any other complaints from other users?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Ordering anything now is almost surely to be different (unless it's been on the shelf at a retailer). IF they are guilty, you can bet the are changing it.

It would almost have to be a same or similar lot number.

It's an easy answer for me as to who is telling the truth..... I won't buy anything from either one of them. Which doesn't hurt Ninja (AFAIK) but it's not great for TT. It seems wrong to loose a customer(s) just because you didn't bother to refute or even retort.

When I did business with TT the first time and I looked up their address on Google, it was a car repair shop or a plumbing shop or something similar.

Suddenly, I am wondering about the contents of my True Terps Myrcene and A Pinene bottles, etc. Hmmmmm, Enquiring minds want to know. LOL

Maybe they are just in the shower and have not seen these posts yet. I'm sure they will reply.

M

Mr D

Been following this thread and doing a bit of research.

I'm going in to the Terpene business. You can buy terpenes from China for $1 - $5 an oz. and sell them for $15 - $168 an oz.

TrueTerpenes

Hello Everyone,

We are currently investigating this issue. You can see how there are many possibilities due to all of the variables in this matter. This could be a ploy to get our secret recipe, this could be competition, this could be lab reports that went awry, etc.

If extract ninja is actually working to share truth and has the best interest of the community in mind, we ask that they send proof of purchase and the name of the other lab they didnt want to "out" directly to outreach@trueterpenes.com to allow us to investigate this matter to the fullest. No identifying information will be shared publically.

We cannot be sure about how this report came to be and are digging deeper to get some concrete answers. We appreciate your patience and all who have advocated for our integrity.

We will get to the bottom of this. Thank you.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Hello Everyone,

We are currently investigating this issue. You can see how there are many possibilities due to all of the variables in this matter. This could be a ploy to get our secret recipe, this could be competition, this could be lab reports that went awry, etc.

If extract ninja is actually working to share truth and has the best interest of the community in mind, we ask that they send proof of purchase and the name of the other lab they didnt want to "out" directly to outreach@trueterpenes.com to allow us to investigate this matter to the fullest. No identifying information will be shared publically.

We cannot be sure about how this report came to be and are digging deeper to get some concrete answers. We appreciate your patience and all who have advocated for our integrity.

We will get to the bottom of this. Thank you.

Are your terpenes from cannabis?

Bobby Boucher

^^^ No. I remember reading that earlier in the thread.

Props to everyone who doesn't rip off their custy's with perfumes and fillers.

1 part pg, 1 part dab, melt, mix, vape. Theres just no need for any of this other underhanded shit, ime. Most people are already unknowingly paying for twice as much as they are actually getting, even with a completely saturated solution @ maximum solubility er what have you. Underhanded enough as it is.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
"A ploy to get our secret recipe." Lol
Not funny, actually.

Industrial espionage exists for a reason. If you've ever worked on a recipe for a product, you know patenting it makes this public, and anyone can then make it. The only way to keep it a secret, is to keep it a secret.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Not funny, actually.

Industrial espionage exists for a reason. If you've ever worked on a recipe for a product, you know patenting it makes this public, and anyone can then make it. The only way to keep it a secret, is to keep it a secret.

when people are inhaling it into there lungs no secrets should be kept no excuses.

gh0stm0de

^^^ No. I remember reading that earlier in the thread.

Props to everyone who doesn't rip off their custy's with perfumes and fillers.

1 part pg, 1 part dab, melt, mix, vape. Theres just no need for any of this other underhanded shit, ime. Most people are already unknowingly paying for twice as much as they are actually getting, even with a completely saturated solution @ maximum solubility er what have you. Underhanded enough as it is.

You don't want PG in your cart for starters. Not that mystery sauce is necessarily any better..

Bobby Boucher

I've got vg, peg, and pg at my disposal. Health concerns aside, pg seems to work best. VG takes a weird consistency and also has a tendency to separate. The PEG has chemical flavor I can't get over.

What would you recommend I use?

gh0stm0de

People use terps, Bobby. Do some reading up on it. You can get isolated terps to compose your own custom flavor or get pre blended terps intended to copy popular strains. Terps are natural and occur outside of ganja (ginger, lemongrass, hops etc)

Another advantage is you can add no more than 10% which means more concentrated product.

You can add different terps blends to the same product and get different effects too.

But as the thread implies, caveat emptor.

Bobby Boucher

I haven't been to a legal state in awhile but the carts I see coming into chicago are diluted down to next to nothing. It often tastes like people have been diluting brand name candies into their emulsifiers. Then its packaged up with some bogus "1g 97% thc" fruity candy wrapper and popped off for 50 bucks.

I don't get high off of them. I don't know how anybody does.

I have played with terpenes just for the sake of playing with them. I gave my pinene, myrcene, and "blue dream" to a hippie friend who diffuses them into the air. I am ordering myself some linalool to try and see if it adds anything to the experience of my nighttime RSO cookies, since all the lavender flavor gets cooked out of my lavender reclaim way before that point.

I get it. Marketing is marketing. I worked in advertisement. It's still da devil.

I've let the end user request flavored or non flavored. They'd try the flavored once and never again, citing a perfume taste. So personally, I've found it to be a moot point.

Hypes will be hypes, though. I just don't fcks wit em.

pinkus

Veteran
I haven't been to a legal state in awhile but the carts I see coming into chicago are diluted down to next to nothing.

That's because they will accept that BS.

My carts are like dabs in a pen. :shooty:

If you use the minimum amount of "flavorless" terpenes (about 4 drops per gram concentrate if decarboxylated) and 1 drop of aromatic terpenes, you get one hell of a great product. Depending on the concentrate of course.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
@Pinkus.... I sure didn't have results like that.

I bought Vapeur Extract as one of my experiments. They recommend a 2:1 mix. One gram of concentrate would require 72 drops of Vapeur Extract [according to the manufacturer's directions for use]

I have tolerance issues so I tried to make it as strong as possible. If I went with only 4 or 5 drops per gram (mixed when heated) when it cooled in the cart it was non-wick friendly. aka it hardened up again.

Even a 1:1 mix worked only in the better quality carts.

2:1 terp:concentrate [as suggested by the manufacturer] worked well in the cart but was too weak.

I totally gave up on making carts and now I just vape straight rosin. I must admit, I would love the convenience of a cart for on-the-go but I just can't get it strong enough.

Curious... do you decarb your concentrate before mixing it? Why?

Thanks