What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 weeks in with Aptus shits blowing up around here..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
How exactly did Jack water his teas with this set up? He tried to explain how his leader pump had a siphon option on post #395 on page 7, but I still can't picture how this works. How else is everybody watering in their teas using beds?

separate res and separate pump. the entire irrigation system is setup on separate "clean" res that only gets water and water soluble base and calmag. then i have separate 100 gal tub with a bunch of airstones that i use to water in the dirty organic stuff, regular sump pump connected to garden hose super simple.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Cmon guys growing weed is not rocket science use a proper enviroment and dont fall for stupid marketing... what ever "jack" say he was in on it and even experinced growers fell for it...guess pepol cant grow weed with out a priest telling them what to do.

Prepare the COCO before the run:

60% COCO 40% Hydroton.
For a 4x4 table use 5 bags of COCO and 2 two bags of hydroton.
Charge the coco with a ph of 5.8 and a EC of 550 PPM (scale 0,7). Veg base and Cal/Mag.
After the harvest, use a trident hand pick and remove a maximum of te roots from the bottom to the top. Once the coco is clean,
water it with cannazym full doze and 500ppm Veg base nutes.

Veg:

For 15 to 25 clones, in 4x4 coco beds, under 1000w Adjus a Wing, or gavitas.

14 days of Veg before the flip.
Once the roots have shows up, they get a 300ppm Veg base nutreient watering. Then increase the Veg ppm to 550 once the roots have established. When the clones are fully rooted increase slowly to 800 ppm, ph 5.8 to 6.2, 6 is the sweet spot.

Once transplanted into the coco, the clones were watered once every 2/3 days, until the roots are well established. Top the plants in veg two times, or more. Once after 7 days of Veg and once before the flip. The goal s to have a maximum of tops bud. Druing the 2 weeks of Veg, the temperature is kept at 78 to 80, RH is at 60 to 70, CO2 is between 800 to 1200 max.

Aptus Startboost and Facilitor are used in Veg. You can use it every other watering during Veg. Facilitor doses can be doubled in Veg to get plant to stack up more and increase side branches growth.

Temperature: 78 to 80 during the first 3 weeks of Veg.

RH: 60/65% during the first 3 weeks of Veg.

EC: Start with a EC at 350 as soon as you are seeing roots, then at 500, then 700/800. Depending on plant developement increase your ppm slowly.

Nutrients: Aptus once a week. When using base Veg only, don't add Cal/mag (follow the chart). Once a week add some Cap Tea, as watering and once a week as foliar.

CO2: from 800 to 1200 PPM during first 3 weeks of Veg.

Nutrients program from: the first week of Veg to the thrid week:
Monday: Veg Base nutrients
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Caps Tea*
Thursday:
Friday: Veg base + Aptus Veg + Facilitor (regulator)
Saturday:
Sunday: Veg base + (or) foliar caps tea.
* Foliar tea is dilued in water at 1/4 rate, don't adjust ph.
* When using Aptus cut the base by half.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COCO pre-bloom:
(3 first weeks of bloom)

The first 3 weks of bloom scrog and weave your plants using the screen strings. The goal is to open up the plant in the center. Pull the side branches in the oposite direction to cover the screen.
During the week 2 and 3 of pre-bloom, remove the bottom branches that won't get lights and won't produce top buds.
You can double the dose of facilitor (regulator) during the pre-bloom to get the plants to stack up and fleshy.
To avoid plants from stretching to much, keep the temperature differences between light on and light off at a maximum of 5 degrees.

Temperature: 78 to 80

RH: 60/65%

EC: 1000 PPM (0.7*)

Nutriments: Aptus twice a week. When using base only don't add Cal.Mag (follow the chart). Once a week, water with Caps Tea, use it as foliar too. Use canna boost* as foliar too, once a week until the 4th week.

CO2: 1000 to 1200 PPM.

Nutrients program from: the first week of bloom to the thrid week:

Monday: Veg Base + Facilitor (double dose)
Tuesday: Caps Tea*
Wednesday: Veg Base + Facilitor (double dose)
Thursday: Veg Base + Aptus Veg + Facilitor (double dose)
Friday: Veg Base
Saturday: Veg Base* + Aptus Veg + Facilitor (double dose)
Sunday: Veg Base + (or) Caps Tea as foliar (or Canna Boost)
* Foliar tea is dilued in water at 1/4 rate, don't adjust ph. Canna boost 6ml for 1 gallon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloom:

From the 4th week stop he foliar feeding. From the 5th week, start pull out some of the fan leaves that blocks light. Do this until the end, just leave the ones of the tops.

Temperature: 75 or bellow.

RH: 50%

EC: 1.2 (top @ 1.5/2)

Nutriments: Aptus twice a week. When using base only don't add Cal/mag (follow the chart). Once week water with Caps Tea.

CO2: 1000 to 1200 PPM.

Nutrients program from: the third week of bloom to flush:

Monday: Bloom Base
Tuesday: Caps Tea*
Wednesday: Bloom Base
Thursday: Bloom Base* + Aptus Bloom + Regulator
Friday: Bloom Base
Saturday: Bloom Base* + Aptus Bloom + Regulator
Sunday: Bloom Base
* Foliar tea is dilued in water at 1/4 rate, don't adjust ph.

COCO Flush:

Using reverse osmosis water, it is best to lower the EC gradually to flush safely. in the case of a nine weeks strain, reduces the EC to 350ppm, from the 6th week with Bloom Base solution. During the 7th week, gradually reduced the ppm, keep reducing at the 8th week, at the 9th weeks u should flush with pure water only.
If you use tap water then it is best to rinse directly with pure water according to the EC of the water. With a EC of 300, rinsed with water only.
Last week, allow the coconut to dry, it prevents over-watering, in some cases if the coconut is still wet don't water. This will help dry plants faster.
The last two weeks decrease the CO2 to 300ppm or turn it off.

Caps Tea:

Here is a tea recipe copied from ICMAG, with my own twist, that will put your plants in to a happy state of being.

1) Add 4 TABLESPOONS of each capulators root and foliar in a 5 gallon bucket.

2) Fill 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons of RO or distilled water.
Add 50 - 100 ml of liquid carboload, sweet raw, hibrix, regular black strap molasses, or any other liquid carb product of your choice.

3) Fill a stocking with a couple handfuls of earth worm castings. Tie this off and let it float in the solution like a tea bag.

4) Bubble with an air stone and air pump for 24 hours.
Strain again with a cheesecloth, or let settle and take off the top.

5) Dilute 1-2 cups per 10 gallons and add to the reservoir, or use as an individual drench. This works GREAT in a turbo or easy cloner, or even on your cuttings in a dome.

Refrigerate for up to 10 days so you can use it the following week.
(EDIT: aeroic bacteria would do best if the tea is used right away. Just because it CAN be refrigerated up to a week doesn't necessarily mean you are getting the most bang for your buck that way.

You can always cut back on material to make just a gallon, or even a half gallon so that you don't waste. Its really easy to make... the hardest part about it is waiting for it to be done.

Now, the bacteria will die off no matter what if there is nothing for them to eat, so really you are killing bacteria all the time in a hydro setting, where there is no soil that is "breaking down"

These packs are a mix of a shitload of bacteria, but they rarely all go to work right away when they are applied. some make it and some don't, it depends on their environment and what they have to process. )

Additional goodies:
Add a couple of handfuls of alfalfa meal in with the earth worm castings, to provide a great boost to plant vitality.

Apply tea once a week or every other week for best results during veg and flower

Can be used up to flush.

This will deter all soil borne pathogens and insects, if using the foliar pack. I have successfully used this tea to destroy a fungus gnat population and keep my roots white and pythium free. There are other farmers here that have used it to kill their root aphid infestations.

I have found brewing straight tea and not diluting it will kill fungus knats .Plus you cant over do it the more the better...Your plants will be so green and healthy and Your roots willl be all white and fuzzy..I will never grow with out this stuff...

Tips and Tricks:

Keep in mind that there's no exactitude, look at your plants see how they react, take notes on a book. Don't water every day if your plants ain't asking for it.

During the 6th week of bloom you will certainly need to clone the mother plants for the next session. The clones will have plenty of time to be rooted before being launched in veg.

On a variety of 9 weeks, stopped using facilitor from the 6th week.

Cleaning the sprinkler system can be done with drip clean.

Watering system:
Octa Bubble PEPCO
Top Hat Throw Limiter from Bowsmith
SP series Fan-Jet Microsprinkler Head Riser SP-1 Spike 6" from Bowsmith
sprinkler flow control valve
Liner Smart Pot 4x4 or 4x8
Trellis netting

Link:
Jack's watering system tutorial

Did my home work :tiphat:

I posted this here to avoid people coming back with same questions over and over again. So please do the whole community a favor and read before posting. It's all there. Peace.

Decided to give heavy/aptus a shot. Was jack recommending in what "lambs-bread" is calling prebloom to continue with veg base and aptus veg recipe for the first 2 weeks of flower. I had gone thru and taken my own notes but my laptop isnt working. I tried looking and went theu 10 pages of jacks posts. I thought he had said just follows aptus schedule period.

BAYSIK401

Been running the entire Aptus line along with Canna Coco A+B as my base, also some other things, liquid Karma, CaMg+, Budswel and seagreen, since 2015, it's the ultimate mixture everything from them Aptus guys is worth it... I'm currently 20 days into flower strains are Rhode Island Sour Kush(Kush and diesel crosses)and Girl Scout Candy(Girl Scout cookieXalien candy)... everything is looking good as usual...

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 38

onavelzy

Veteran
ah, nm. it was a wasted post about cost effectiveness of the nute line. i spent some time rereading and going over the more recent pages and got what i needed. now need to search out threads by npkali, etc.

hi bro wat you call them little 9 hole manifolds on ur automated system cant find them online in the ireland if i had the right name or model number maybe i could find them easyer bro here in ireland i need some of them for a 36 plant grow and they would be great cheers ...man ur grow is fuckn crazy cool peace and be safe best of luck :)

Latest posts

Latest posts