What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ur Favorite Beer?

GOATNUTS

robobond said:
beer blows. drink liquor. Though if I had to choose does smirnoff count?

right now i dont drink liquor anymore cause i always get into some kind of shit with the law...before my grand choice would of been 7 and coke...

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
yea I know what you mean lol. I dont really like drinking much but like the taste of an apple twist smirnoff. If I drink liquor I never drink enough to get drunk. 3 shots of henessy will give me a good enough buzz.

G

yeah beer suks...i hate ta even smell the filth......liquor is way quiker...and u dont fill up ...ya dig!? so-co, yukon j, and jager for me pleeze.

slyfoxberg

GOATNUTS said:
for me it would have to be Corona!!! goes down as smooth as water...

"smooth as water" is not a description i would use for any beer i would drink. i tend bar at a place with a microbrewery, which might make me sound like a beer snob, but i am not. like most others in thread i prefer the spirits, cheap rum is my preference, but if yer buying, i'll drink the expensive stuff.
anyway, i get people coming into my bar all the time asking me about our microbrews usually asking "which one is the lightest?" hell... whats the point of having a microbrew if making light beer? these people usually end up ordering a mic ultra or miller lite.
sorry, but corona is crap. if i am drinking beer to get drunk i need a lot of beer and usually go with Yuengling Lager. otherwise i will go with a Blue Moon, a Bass, a Pilsner Urkell, perhaps a Guinness if i'm not drinking a lot. go outside the bounds of the mass produced swill water and find some real beers, beers that have a taste to them.

G

I LOVE BEER

lol fuck liquer..taste like shit and makes you do some stupid shit...

corona is piss....

Most american beers taste like water. If Im not at a brewery and cant get something good Ill usually grab me a Sam Adams Boston lager or summer ale. Right now im drinking some Sam Adams light...which is dammmmn good. the best light tasting beer Ive ever tasted. Youd never know it was a light beer.

If I cant get that Labbatts will usually do the job...but hell Ill drink most anything when It comes down to it..

Last edited:

cannable

yeah.. corona.. isnt good beer, at all.. its really.. just water..
bass is always a good standby, sierra nevada, guinness... etc..

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
heh...Duvel or Chimay. Brewed by Belgian trappist monks....now that's beer. I love beer almost as much as I love pot. I love a good Old Speckled Hen too.

Amsterdam was amazing...I've never seen so much beer consumption. It's like people in Holland don't even drink water...they used to drink a lot of beer back in the day because the alcohol killed the crap in their limited water supplies...guess it carries over from then...

Last edited:

treble

yeah jayroach-four-two-oh sam adams is not a bad drop. enjoyed it of a summer afternoon in vancouver... few years back.. I'm drinking stella artios, heiniken, and dare I say it tuborg.. which I love... full on pilsners do it for me... needs the right kinda glass to get the most from that style tho

i also scored some brazilian beer called bravara which aint bad... light and refreshing... like corona but without the foot odor taste ... azzuro?? italian beer is very nice...they call their world cup football team the same name...

at the moment I am drinking a beer from australia called Gage Roads which is like a pure malt lager.. its not bad.. kinda like an old style draught lager

we have a microbrewery not far from here which is just to make beer not a pub or restaraunt... you go there and choose your recipe... measure it all out.. they cook it and ferment.. you go back 2 weeks with your clean empties... fill em up.. you are done... you get all styles to choose and its not half bad... get about 150 beers for about $110

I love going and bottling.. get nicely toasted before I go...then sample the beer through out.... football on the big screen.... they put on a bbq ..nice way to spend an afternoon...

I got crates of empty corona bottles I use...but sometimes I still buy my beer

treb :joint:

tngreen

Veteran
slyfoxberg said:
"smooth as water" is not a description i would use for any beer i would drink. i tend bar at a place with a microbrewery, which might make me sound like a beer snob, but i am not. like most others in thread i prefer the spirits, cheap rum is my preference, but if yer buying, i'll drink the expensive stuff.
anyway, i get people coming into my bar all the time asking me about our microbrews usually asking "which one is the lightest?" hell... whats the point of having a microbrew if making light beer? these people usually end up ordering a mic ultra or miller lite.
sorry, but corona is crap. if i am drinking beer to get drunk i need a lot of beer and usually go with Yuengling Lager. otherwise i will go with a Blue Moon, a Bass, a Pilsner Urkell, perhaps a Guinness if i'm not drinking a lot. go outside the bounds of the mass produced swill water and find some real beers, beers that have a taste to them.

you sir, have great taste in beer! Yuengling is by far my favorite. only problem, they dont sell it where i live! :fsu: so i have to drink bass, harp, or sierra nevada.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
treble: damn dude, I wish I had a microbrewery like that here!

Cooper's Sparkling Ale and James Boag's are two excellent Australian brews.

Bass and Harp are excellent..yummy. Can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada either. I'm about to have some San Miguels...