What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

d-Limonene infused absolute amber?

uberman21

JColtrane

So were do you obtain the d-Limonene? And at what point are you infusinging it into your winterization process? Sounds intereesting. Is it safe to vape?

uberman21

I added it after winterization last time, but i noticed that the drops seemed to cloud a bit when added to a 0 degree F solution of ethanol and BHO...Next time I will add before filtration. Color and smoothness seem unaffected, tastes like a hint of orange along with a thick resin absolute flavor...Also tested lime, which left a slight bitter taste similar to zest, not quite sweet enough...What do they use to give shisha a sweet taste that lasts through the vaporization?

dcdlux

ive experimented with collecting terps and adding them back, ive used d-limonene as well as others and yes from what ive seen in the last result the "pure gold" from the tetra lab representitive wasnt pure gold, it had undergone the sulphuric acid conversion but not the final acetate conversion and YES it had d-limonene

the results can be viewed here from our local analysis company

/http://analytical360.com/m/expired/15174

gunnaknow

So were do you obtain the d-Limonene? And at what point are you infusinging it into your winterization process? Sounds intereesting. Is it safe to vape?

You can use sweet orange (not bitter orange) essential oil because it's approximately 80% d-limonene. Orange oil has more d-limonene than lemon oil. Avoid what are called folded oils because they've had the monoterpenes such as d-limonene removed.

SpaceshipNelson

Lavender
Patchouli
Neem (sounds strange, but it gave it a nutty flavor [sacred healing herb from the sub-continent of India])
Rose (rose water actually worked better than rose oil, mostly because of method and available purity)
Sandalwood
turmeric (fresh not powdered)
Ginger (fresh not powdered)

I'm trying as many variables as I can (adding fresh to column, before winter but after primary solvent, essential oil into finished pre-purged absolute, etc) But based on my earliest findings, fresh(frozen) material added directly to your extraction column has had the best/most pleasant results).

SpaceshipNelson

uberman21!! That abstract link is AWESOME! it's exactly what we're all talking about right here! Leave it to the UK to allow prelim research on this subject, the pharmaceutical industry in the states is more oppressive/manipulative then the public will EVER know! They leave us no choice, but to apothecary. . . .

gunnaknow

Limonene oxide (cineole) also appears to make the high more uplifting. Eucalyptus oil typically contains around 40-70% cineole. Rosemary oil also contains about 20-35%, with the cineole chemotype of rosemary containing the most. The cineole chemotype comes from France and particularly Tunisia, as opposed to the camphor chemotype from Spain.

The effects of cineole, when combined with oral or smoked Cannabis, are reported as being very uplifting, noticeably increasing mental and physical energy. This terpene, or others like it, may be responsible for the reported difference in effect between indica and sativa strains with a similar cannabinoid profile.

qaxx

Lavender
I'm trying as many variables as I can (adding fresh to column, before winter but after primary solvent, essential oil into finished pre-purged absolute, etc) But based on my earliest findings, fresh(frozen) material added directly to your extraction column has had the best/most pleasant results).

Have you tried this using a BHO wash, rather than an extraction tube, for the first extraction? Jump117 does this in his absolute amber tek. You then add the limonene (etc.) to the ethanol wash after it's been winterized but before the purge? Also, do you add the limone pre-filter or post-filter? I do the BHO wash. Do you think it would work to add the limonene to the container with frozen material before the wash? I'm going to try this myself.

uberman21

Ended up trying d-Limonine in several concentrations mixed at the end of the final purge process, absolute amber. Originally was looking at limonine in order to recreate the sour flavor found in ECSD. After looking at numerous gas chromatography results I no longer think ECSD has a limonine profile at all, more carophyleee (sp)? and humelenee (sp)...Dutch treat is a more limonine dominate strain, and is often a little harsh , I believe due to the high limonine content..It seems that limonine is always a little harsh when smoked, so I have moved on to other terpenoids in search of my favorite..Everybody who tried the product in the end liked it, I would recommend 3 drops/1g of absolute...6 seemed too many..g/l!

MEMED

Did anyone try slightly heating the winterized solution before adding the terps? Maybe thats where the clouding came from. Perhaps it form a better bond with the rest if its heated a lil bit??? I dunno never tried it but sounds cool.

dabking

From what I've found just googling around you can do a straight wash like qwiso. Is that possible? If so and if the yield is there why bother with any other solvent? I've been making bho for a few years and just looking into other tasty oils.

indooutdo

I fucking love this thread. Have always though of why co2 vape carts don't do this. Or distilling some mangos or lemon balm through an essential oil distiller thing then put into some oil but don't know nothing including if that even made sense.

But small stupid lunch box+dry ice+jars+weed+golden grain/ever clear 190=nice easy oil any where with long soak times

I fucking love this thread. Have always though of why co2 vape carts don't do this. Or distilling some mangos or lemon balm through an essential oil distiller thing then put into some oil but don't know nothing including if that even made sense.

But small stupid lunch box+dry ice+jars+weed+golden grain/ever clear 190=nice easy oil any where with long soak times

What's the lunch box and dry ice part?!

indooutdo

Just to hold the dry ice and jars in and get everything colder than anything else. A styrofoam cooler or anything and go to the super market get dry ice. I'm just a hippie stoner and don't play with butane but love smoking bho. Ethanol is just easy

C

CaliGabe

If you wanna mess with essential oils try Liberty Essential Oils. They have numerous sources for the same oil, such as lavender, and usually have sizes ranging from .02 to 16 oz. Their C of A's show the terpene profile. Quality ranges from poor to excellent and reflected in the prices. For example they have 7 different lavender oils.

iv been interested in this method for a year now. limonene is an effective treatment for the GERD i have and use cannabis high in limonene for an anti emetic and appetite stimulant.

we need to solve this mystery, iv seen ppl online hav gotten shatter/absolute consistancy but dont explain how they get ther. u guys suggest adding the limonene during the time the bho and ethanol is mixed and placed in a cryo freezer or dry ice before filtration of waxes, fats, lipids, etc? or u think after filtration when the ethanol is evaporating?