What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft ???

E

elmanito

# The Daily Telegraph # May 12, 2010 2:35PM

It left Earth 33 years ago, now it's claimed the Voyager 2 spacecraft may have been hijacked by aliens after sending back data messages NASA scientists can't decode.

NASA installed a 12-inch disk containing music and greetings in 55 languages in case intelligent extraterrestrial life ever found it.

But now the spacecraft is sending back what sounds like an answer: Signals in an unknown data format!

The best scientific minds have so far not been able to decipher the strange information – is it a secret message?

Alien expert Hartwig Hausdorf said:"It seems almost as if someone had reprogrammed or hijacked the probe – thus perhaps we do not yet know the whole truth"

Engineers are working to solve the data transmissions from the Voyager 2 spacecraft near the edge of the solar system, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory said today.

The spacecraft late last month began sending science data 8.6 billion miles to Earth in a changed format that mission managers could not decode.

Engineers have since instructed Voyager 2 to only transmit data on its own health and status while they work on the problem.

Launched in 1977, Voyager 2 and its twin, Voyager 1, explored the giant planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and kept on going. Nearly 33 years later, they are the most distant human-made objects.

Voyager 1 is 10.5 billion miles from Earth and in about five years is expected to pass through the heliosphere, a bubble the sun creates around the solar system, and enter interstellar space.

Voyager 2 will follow after that.

Perhaps Stephen Hawking will know the answer!! :good:

I'm glad i bought the Independence Day DVD, so i can prepare myself for the coming event.:D

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hawkings said if aliens ever came into contact with us they would probably destroy us.

Article HERE.

Beam me up Scotty. :abduct:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
maybe,,, like in independance day,,, they can take hawking up there to the mother ship and plug him in to it,, to save us all !!

wouldnt make as good a movie though

j6p

Poor V-1 has been getting its chips blasted by solar flares since 1977. Maybe NASA can play with it and make it work again. NASA was able to change V-1's programming (from Earth) as it approached Neptune, to improve the pictures it transmitted.

"Another shows glowing fluorescent aquatic animals forming vast shoals in the oceans thought to underlie the thick ice coating Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter."
Europa would be a great place to check for aquatic life, if we could drill through to the liquid sea underneath its surface ice layer. Titan might be another possibility, due to its favorable organic compounds. At best we would probably find microbes on those moons, but that would be proof of extraterrestrial life.

E

elmanito

Maybe they already have? Could aliens be the New World Order?
;)

This might be your answer

'In July last year the respected scientist and astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, who was the sixth man to walk on the moon, spoke on a British radio station. He said the American government had had contact with extra terrestrials on multiple occasions and that these were ongoing.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Latest posts

Latest posts