What's new

HUGE HAITI FUNDRAISER -ALL OVER TV!

Skip

Veteran
I don't know if you peeps are watching but there's something on TV unlike anything I've ever seen before.

On CNN, Bravo, Discovery, Green, VH1, and many more channels, a live music show (i think it's live) and top class celebrities are all contributing to this fundraising effort.

I just saw Coldplay do a great number. He was followed by Bruce Springsteen singing "We shall overcome".

You should see who is answering the phones!!!

People like George Clooney, Ringo Starr, Tim Robbins and many other celebrities are answering the phones.

If you want to donate by phone you might get to talk to one of them. Check it out!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I'm not belittling the incredible tragedy in Haiti at all but I wonder why the poor people of East Africa are basically ignored by the international community? Everybody knows man!?!?

Skip

Veteran
Stevie Wonder just did "Bridge over Troubled Water"...

Wyclef Jean is speaking about his country, Haiti now.

Was that Mariah Carey?

Reese Witherspoon answering the phone. Looks like Ellen Degeneres too. I don't know all their names...

T

TrichyTrichy

Anderson Cooper is doing a fantastic job.
Shakira sounded like Cher a little.

Skip

Veteran
ah Shakira... yes, a trill in the voice.

I wonder how much you have to donate to talk to a celebrity?

And what if you don't want your money to go to the Clinton/Bush/Haiti fund?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Thanks Skip, I was just about to start a thread. 1-877-99-HAITI.

Come on guys....some of us have money to spare on top of money to spare....spare it. Send a benjamin down to Haiti, if you can....or anything you can. Help them.

T

TrichyTrichy

yay!!some people just look,sweet and kind. His voice is angelic too,imo.

MARY J on now OMG!!!!

Skip

Veteran
With this many channels covering this, probably International ones too. How many ppl are watching? How many donating? This could set records.

T

TrichyTrichy

will be donating even though i don't have much, it's the right thing to do.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
We're gonna send more than we would normally donate to a cause for this one, that's for sure....I hope everyone is. I hate people, but it's amazing how tragedy can bring out the good in a generally selfish world. Makes me have a little faith again...it's nice. Godd bless Haiti and everyone who has suffered loss.

Skip

Veteran
Leonardo Di Caprio, Sigorney Weaver, Steven Spielberg, Mel Gibson and the list just goes on and on, and I'm only on the first row still.

Skip

Veteran
Also William Baldwin, the Rock, Billy Crystal.

come on folks, who can you recognize?

Jack Nicholson, Chevy Chase!

Is there anyone from Hollywood who isn't there?

haitis been raped by the outside world for so long.. help them out now, and then get the f out and leave those people alone. stop the manipulation let them develop.

T

TrichyTrichy

their website is overloaded! yikes

Sheryl Crow and kid Rock on the same stage :yoinks:

Skip

Veteran
Yes, but the US is now OCCUPYING Haiti. I don't think we're going to be leaving for a long time... Do we ever leave a country that we've occupied?

Let's see:
Germany, no.
Japan, no, still there.
Iraq, not going anywhere.
Afghanistan, sending even more.
Korea, Guantanamo, Italy, Spain, France, Netherlands, Philippines all still have our troops stationed there. (let me know if I'm wrong).

I will contribute to relief efforts, but not to the occupation of a foreign country. NEVER!

I will contribute to a Free Haiti, but not one lined up for corporate slavery.

This is how the US imperialist machine works these days. Take over a country and force your businesses upon them. We perfected that in Iraq. Let's hope someone stops that from happening to Haiti....

OH shit. As I write this, Clinton is talking about how he and G.W. Bush have put together a fund that will bring business "investment" into Haiti. I'm about ready to puke!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Watching right now--
50555...that is the easiest way to help-- Text that number with "Give", and $10 is added to your bill--

Latest posts

Latest posts