What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

That might have been me who said that. I found that using the recipe worked much better than Lucas but when I switched to hempy it was only natural for me to use lucas because I had been using it for 5 years with good results. After switching to the recipe on the bottle however my yield went up noticeably in hempy. I'm growing Jackie-O at the moment and it is supposed to be a very sensitive strain and even it can take full strength with only slight tip burn.

so just to make sure im understanding this right. maxibloom just follow bottle every water?

thanks jf

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
livewire-I think it will depend on the strain. From my experiences, some of our strains love the full bottle strenghts, and some never do. You just have to experiment with what works best for you.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Yeah, you really have to find out what works but I can tell you that plants in hempy have a higher threshold for how strong the nutes can be mixed. The same strength in DWC would burn them. The Jackie-O's that I'm growing now full strength is a little too much, but just a little.

badbudz

im growing a blueberryxsuperskunk..been using full strength gh nutes as directed by the man himself and i have to say there lookin perfect and are already towering over all my plants left in soil..my veg room is now free of soil and full of hempys..i started with 3 hempys just to see if there was much differance to soil..im only 3 weeks in and it has to be a full hempy conversion..dont want to kiss your ass to much hempy..but you the man..this method rules..and the money saved...and the simplicity...awesome..thanks man.........

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Money saved is a good point. Only thing I have to buy each grow are new nutes which I use 8 times less volume than I did in DWC. So about $20 a cycle (electricty not included)

badbudz

ok guys a friend asked me if autos did well in hempys..told him i imagine all plants will do well in this method but what do i know..has anyone out there grown autos in these..pics would be nice..ive been scanning the site but only finding 12/12s..

Ty_Kaycha

ok guys a friend asked me if autos did well in hempys..told him i imagine all plants will do well in this method but what do i know..has anyone out there grown autos in these..pics would be nice..ive been scanning the site but only finding 12/12s..

Haven't tried it yet myself but I have some Sour60 I'm about to run in a few weeks. See no reason why autos wouldn't do well. Most people figure 1 gallon/bucket per every month of plant life - example for the Sour60 I'm going to run, they only live just over 2 months so I'm going to be using a 2.5gallon bucket

badbudz

thanks for the quick reply Ty Kaycha,theres no reason i can think of why it wouldnt work,thanks for the tip...good luck with the Sour60....

C

Carl Carlson

i am familiar with the earth box. The hempy is bit more simple than the earthbox.

I'm about 2 weeks into flower with my hempy's and I was thinking of switching my nutes to Floranova. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a bad idea to switch mid stream?

Thanks for any advice. :tiphat:

I was thinking the same thing MR Zissou your plants looked perfect. why mess with things now?

Nope not a thing wrong with them. I got two boxes of the BC starter kit for 40 bucks from my local shop. I thoughit would be enough for one grow, but I can see now that I'm going to need to reup on sugar daddy and calmag and maybe awesome blossom.

So instead of reupping on all three of those, I was considering going to something a bit simpler, and from I've read, a betterquality.

I never intended to stick with BC past the first grow. It just seemed likerhe best deal at the time considering how much I spentoneverything else.

Does that make sense? Lol.

ibjamming

Veteran
I just learned about "Hempy Buckets" today for the first time...and I have a question.

What's the point of drilling the hole in the side of the bucket? Why not use a regular pot, the kind with drainage holes and just use a drip tray to catch/hold the runoff?

I've been growing using a "hempy bucket" style forever. But mine is a regular pot that sits in the overflow for a day or two until I water again. There is really no difference...the hempy bucket has roots sitting in stagnant water...my roots sit in stagnant water. At least my stagnant water changes with each watering. The hempy pot has a "dead zone" that doesn't change much if at all.

People are always saying it's bad to let your plants sit in the overflow...and here you are MAKING a pot that holds stagnant water...it's funny how many different opinions there are to growing weed!

badbudz

the point in drilling a hole in the side of bucket is to create a rez of nutes after each water..if you just used a normal pot how you ever going to get a rez...yes the roots are sat in the rez but they drink it all up within a cpl of days...which in return draws air to your roots...these things rock man..give one a try..results speak very loud my friend...just pop a clone in one as a tester...you will see..