What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Meds for dogs?

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone know of recipes for medication for dogs. My dog was recently diagnosed with lung tumor, and I'm wanting to help her out with the benefits of cannabis.

jd4083

Veteran
I have a boxer that smokes, and I don't mean you make her, I mean you have to keep her out of your face or fill a bong for her and blow it at her. She is old and smokes until she is satisfied snorts and lays down. Damn dog loves og sour chem and will tolerate cookies.
Long story short she also eats pot cookies and can ingest a half a dozen with no ill affects while my pit got one and couldn't walk for 6 hours.

Edited...

OF- I had a dog who died recently of terminal lung cancer that had metastasized to the brain and elsewhere. I have no suggestions for cannabis related meds for your dog, but understand how hard it is and wish you the best.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words. What do you think about a volcano with no bag in a room with bubblehash? Other than the tumor she's perfectly healthy. Just showed up out of nowhere.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words. What do you think about a volcano with no bag in a room with bubblehash? Other than the tumor she's perfectly healthy. Just showed up out of nowhere.

Vape oil and blow it into their ear hole. that doesn't make them sneeze and the cannabis gets there quick.

make decarboxilized and winterized oil to be given orally, see Holly Anointing Oil thread in cannabis concentrates sub forum.

I have given dogs medibles as well as the vape to the ear action.

:joint:

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I put a few drops of Dew Drops Natural from Dixie elixirs on her dog bone and she ate it. I know she gets second hand from me all the time. She always wants to go downstairs even when I don't!

theJointedOne

Veteran
OK, find low THC, high cbd flower, grind up, decarb to activate, mix with hemp seeds, peanut butter and oat flour.

These are raw high cbd edibles. Start with low doses and continue up. You want to give them at least 14 grams over a month.

I have first hand experience with this and k9s and the results were good, and effective beyond the tumors. PM me for more info if needed

JointOperation

id say ya.. about depending on the weight of the dog.. a normal person around 100-200lbs for cancer is told to ingest 1 gram a day..

so id say half that for a dog.. but start small and work your way up ..

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've been giving my dog RSO/HOA for a couple years now. He does not have much tolerance and he gets the wobbles when he eats too much but I think it's helping him. He has ridiculously huge tumors and I blame myself for feeding him GreatValue food when he was young. The rice grain sized bit of oil or less is all he can handle.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been giving my dog RSO/HOA for a couple years now. He does not have much tolerance and he gets the wobbles when he eats too much but I think it's helping him. He has ridiculously huge tumors and I blame myself for feeding him GreatValue food when he was young. The rice grain sized bit of oil or less is all he can handle.

I tried making some RSO yesterday then cut it with coco oil, then honey. She's been sleeping a lot and not coughing as much.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's great.... if shes a lil too sleepy might wana reduce dose until her tolerance gets up there..

I dosed her alittle too much today. She's sleeping now. We were outside and walking around and she stumbled and fell once. Don't know if it was just a coincidence or what. It is cold here and we have had a long day since 5am.

blastfrompast

Veteran
My GSD has hip issues and really enjoys her meds...

She either eats 1/4 cookie, small dab of canabutter, or a dab (she puts her face by mine for the hoot)...

She must enjoy it, and she definately moves around better, and keeps coming back for more.

She gets super excited when she see's my cana-butter container....

Stoner-dog...

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're working through it the natural way with cannabis oil and food grade H2O2. She seems to be responding very well to the treatments. I'll keep everyone informed.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My GSD has hip issues and really enjoys her meds...

She either eats 1/4 cookie, small dab of canabutter, or a dab (she puts her face by mine for the hoot)...

She must enjoy it, and she definately moves around better, and keeps coming back for more.

She gets super excited when she see's my cana-butter container....

Stoner-dog...

Animals know the best medicines!

Rotel

Sorry to hear of your dogs illness. My Rottweiler who is 10 was diagnosed with lymphoma last fall and I've been impressed much more by modern medicine that I was with RSO.

For starters, regardless of the cannabis he still came out of remission and only modern meds knocked it back again.

Secondly, at any dosage considered therapeutic, his quality of life was severely impaired. Dizzy, nausea, sleeping...

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vet showed me the X-ray and told me we only had days left. He said chemo would only prolong the inevitable. She's a 60lb Doberman with 5 tumors in her lungs 3 of which are fist sized. My methods were my only means.