What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advice for chronic pain management?

Jagger23

I have never used any type of marijuana so I know nothing about this topic. However, I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis which came on after having my fifth child three years ago. I am a single self employed parent with no insurance in a state where I cannot get help for a disease that is progressing rapidly and I can no longer manage the debilitating pain in my fingers toes hands and so on. I am trying to eliminate all sugar and grains from my diet and adding an abundance of natural nutrients with healing properties.I am experiencing a very cruel and painful flare and need help figuring out which strains of marijuana have been shown to help with pain and inflammation as well as anxiety caused by living with such suffering. There is no medical marijuana avaliable where I live so I'm not sure where I should be looking or what I should be looking for? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your sincere advice.

jackspratt61

jagger

My mother has suffered with RA for 35 years. Surgeries,protocol medicines and even infusions. Nothing helped for long.

One year ago this month she began taking one tbsp per day of young coconut water{freeze dried},1/4 to 1/2 tsp per day 200x aloe,35mg zinc per day,2000mg vitamin c and 2000mg turmeric each per day. The results are astounding! Each of these supplements boost one's immune system. My entire family has joined the routine...you too may benefit.

To a large degree, most any strain with approx. 50% indica should be a great starting point.

Good luck and godspeed!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Glass of water and a tablespoon of honey every day. Old country folk remedy that my grandmother used that helps arthritis when nothing else will. The honey has anti inflammation properties. Keep using it you'll be surprised with the results.

vapor

Veteran
find a high cbd type plant like cannatonic and use it in edible form everyday it will help with inflammation. It is one of the only thing that helps with my spinal injury inflammation.

Jagger23

Thanks, everyone, for all the replies! I will try to research where to find that! I am using turmeric now and many other natural supplements so I'm praying the right combination of these will be restorative for me. I appreciate the great advice!

Green Squall

Would it be possible to make a move to a medical marijuana state since your self employed? RA seems like a serious enough disease to seriously think about it.

Runt

Tincture is the way to go! I have osteoarthitis so your pain is probably a lot worse but tincture keeps me going -and a few puffs in the evening as needed. Prednisolone has helped me a lot when the joint inflammations have been bad. Good luck.

pnwmystery

Thanks, everyone, for all the replies! I will try to research where to find that! I am using turmeric now and many other natural supplements so I'm praying the right combination of these will be restorative for me. I appreciate the great advice!

I have enteropathic arthritis, nowhere near as bad as RA but still a pain in the ass. I've been taking a curcumin product called CoCura which has been helping. It's a powder though.

Latest posts

Latest posts