What's new

Is cannabis use in nursing homes very common in anybody's experience?

redlaser

Veteran
A relative of mine works at a nursing home that allows its patients to smoke if they want. just wanting to know if that is at all common because it doesn't seem that way.

MJBadger

Veteran
I don`t know where you are but it ain`t UK , there still putting people in prison here for dope . I hate to think what would happen to anyone letting residents/patients in nursing homes smoke some weed .

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Shit, I would probably visit Grandma more often if I was able to burn down while there!

f@c# marinol...

f@c# marinol...

... lol, this idea sounds like one of the best ways to definitely help others out while helping yourself in return ;)

Gry

Veteran
On the board of a place that houses people that were born with real issues as a result of big pharma's gifts to our society. Canna could be a very kind alternative to the kind of chemical club that is used now to "manage' them.

bobblehead

Veteran
Any facility accepting medicare funding will not allow cannabis use on the premises. Additionally, if these people are in a nursing home, it's because they need assistance with their activities of daily living. So, unless someone on the outside is actively supplying the resident, cannabis use in a nursing home is probably low imo.

redlaser

Veteran
The medicare issue is usually a problem, no doubt about that. At the previous job smoking pot wasn't tolerated rec or not. This nursing home doesn't promote or advertise that it's okay to use cannabis, but it also won't tell you it can't be used either. At first there were four people that smoked, now there are around 8-10 that smoke. Only a couple have cannabis rec's, the rest they don't seem to care if they have one or not. The only real issue they have with them smoking is the occasional bitching they hear from a few vocal non-smokers. One of the non-smokers tried to get a toker kicked out of the home for selling pot to the other residents but it wasn't taken seriously.The administration/staff see the smokers as a group don't bitch nearly as much as the non-smokers overall. This home is in California and it's not in a very liberal county.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have heard of several that will allow residents, even wheeling them outside on nice days. (cannot smoke indoors) it looks like edibles would be the way to go actually, or a vaporizer. the e-cigarettes might also be a good way with the right fillings...in spite of some of the asshats that run them, most of the people that work in these places will do whatever keeps things quiet.

redlaser

Veteran
Last week one of the newer nurses tried to start trouble for a resident because they were smoking pot. The resident is high maintenance (personality wise), but a return customer. Administration told them its allowed, mostly only if they go to the edge of the property to smoke like cig smokers. There seems to be about 5-6 tokers there, and a couple don't have to go to the edge of the property to smoke because they are better behaved and more likable. Hopefully the new nurse doesn't try and cause problems for the administration but it could happen.