What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi
I own a cut of a very special pure indica from Cannabiogen. It is a Taskenti from some years ago. It has been bred by Kaiki from hashplants coming from Uzbekistan, and its flavour (not soft at all) and its effects (very hard body disconnection) are very good for pain and sleep. Unique, I'd say, since I never got something as strong in the indica side.

The seedbank has discontinued it but it is such a special weed that I felt in need of crossing and propagating it.

I made some F2 the year I grow them, so I have a good start point. I've been growing them but I find the original cut to be stronger. Anyway the growing of the F2 is impressing, they grow very big for an indica.

Since the strain has been inbreeded, I find interesting to backcross it in order to improve its genetic vigour. I've already crossed her with some special strong indicas, and I want to keep its unique effect (the most important thing). I'll check If I can improve the flavor across the generations.

I'll upload some pictures.

This is the original cut:

After years of continuous growing, it has become faster (it takes 8 weeks now instead of 10) but production has decreased a lot also, as can be seen in the more recent next picture.

I'll upload more pictures of the crosses I made.
Cheers

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back crossing is a tool used to bring genes in from another cultivar/variety. It's fairly ineffective if the traits you seek to keep are not already stable within the recurrent parent. If traits are not already locked in, the recurrent parent will keep giving you random results.

You might consider selfing that lady to see how she segregates her genes on her own.
If the S1 plants are fairly uniform then a back cross may be in order.

Carraxe

Veteran
This plant doesn't self. The breeder himself tried and couldn't do it. Anyway, I hate selfing, so I don't use it myself.

I want to improve genetic variation and vigor, so that's the way it is. Did I say it is a heavily inbreed line?

The cut and bros/sis-sons etc are very stable and very homogeneous in transmission of characteristics, I've grown plenty of them.

Cheers

Criollo

... and I want to keep its unique effect (the most important thing)

After years of continuous growing, it has become faster (it takes 8 weeks now instead of 10) but production has decreased a lot also, as can be seen in the more recent next picture.

Cheers

HI Carraxe, the production decreased but the "hight" is similar, better, litte? I ask you because is a plant that i put eye on him, and your work seems interesting.
To me, a faster plant may be better in somer cases (climates...)

Carraxe

Veteran
Taskenti Amnesia X18

Taskenti Amnesia X18

Some pictures from the plants near the wardrobe's door at 8 weeks. I'll have better ones. Most of the plants look like that, and all of them are resinous.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some more

Some more

That's one of the plants I prefer. It has two main colas. They are near 9 weeks now, it will take a little to mature, but everything goes as expected.

Cheers

Criollo

Loks good Carraxe, you give me something of envy...mostly before the fucking birds eat all of my Narkush

:peacock::peacock::peacock::peacock::peacock::peacock:

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pictures at 10 weeks

Some pictures at 10 weeks

Hi
I don't think I can take these girls much further, but they would enjoy more a week of maturity.

All of them grew big and resinous, but you can see differences in their bud structure.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi

They are plants of subtle smell like their mamma, but they are also sweeter than her. More lemon, some pepper, maybe some skunk. They show more "ordinary" aromas than the original Taskenti, that is very rough, and these plants appear to be tastier.

They show a great range of aromas; that's something I didn't really expect. Maybe it won't be that difficult to choose a nice tasting one.

Let's wait for some weeks to taste some dry samples.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
TAX test

TAX test

After smoking some of the plants, with 6 weeks of curing, I can say I have some conclusions.

First of all, plants are way sweeter than original Taskenti, and much easier to smoke. Aroma isn't rough anymore, it is kinda very subtle sweet medicine. Very attractive to smoke, beautiful buds covered with maaaany very little trichomes. But effect, while very good, isn't as destructive as their parents'.

I'll keep going with a backcross to achieve that destruction-grade weed.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
First seeds from a very interesting cross: a selected SAD (S1 from old Black Domina) crossed with my Taskenti F2 male. After selection process I've made to have a keeper, I'm sure there will be much to see in the seeds. I expect to backcross and also expect to select and make F2 in order to get a tasty hashy taskenti plant.

Cheers