Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Khabib Nurmagomedov

Thread Title Search
Khabib Nurmagomedov Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2020, 01:18 PM #11
NEW ENGLAND

NEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivorNEW ENGLAND is a survivor
Would have been nice to see Khabib vs Royce Gracie.
Just like seeing Ali vs Tyson,when they were both in their prime.
Have to respect Khabibs skills on the ground for sure,he's a human anaconda
NEW ENGLAND is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:18 PM #12
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
https://youtu.be/HEa4w9ZEgBc

Btw switcher it's his wrestling that's making him the best...not his hands!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:30 PM #13
homeless guy

homeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant futurehomeless guy has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
I hope he sticks to his guns, as GSP doesn't weight cut @ 165. The match would have to be at a catch weight but it wouldn't be for any belt.

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-i...weight-in-ufc/
GSP does have to cut weight to get to 165, he last competed at 185 and won all his other titles at 170lb.

He wants 165 because he thinks that's as low as he can healthily go.
homeless guy is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 05:40 PM #14
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
https://youtu.be/HEa4w9ZEgBc

Btw switcher it's his wrestling that's making him the best...not his hands!
True! I'm not denying that but, it hands aren't slouches either, nor is his chin. Gaethje was no slouch with hands of stone. That being said, it only takes one punch to be disoriented and the next thing you know you wake up. (Mc Gregor) and a few others!

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 05:43 PM #15
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW ENGLAND View Post
Yup! Yup!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Old 10-30-2020, 05:45 PM #16
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivoryesum is a survivor
^^ Khabib was doing at least as well as Gaethje on the feet. I got the feeling Khabib could walk thru Gaethje's shots, or least most of them. I do not remember Conor rocking him with strikes either. I am sure if a perfect strike was landed Khabib would at least be rocked if not ko'd.

There is something to be said for going out on top.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 06:20 PM #17
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless guy View Post
GSP does have to cut weight to get to 165, he last competed at 185 and won all his other titles at 170lb.

He wants 165 because he thinks that's as low as he can healthily go.
Didn't know that. I thought he always was a welterweight (165-70#) Who did he fight @ 185?

Old 10-30-2020, 06:34 PM #18
Bmac1

Bmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivor
He took the belt from Bisping and retired again. GSP used to (maybe still does) walk around at 185-190 when not in fight camp.

They all cut weight, some more than others. if you are watching a welterweight fight (170lbs) it is safe to say that the 2 guys in the cage on fight night are between 180 and 190lbs.

I'd like to see weight cutting done away with all together. A 170lb champ should be within a couple lbs of 170 and not just for an hour before he steps on the scale. Not to mention how much better the performance of some fighters could be if they didn't put themselves on deaths door 24 hours before combat.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - Done
Karma Genetics SourA5Haze - Done
Current Diary- Done
Bmac1 is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 06:36 PM #19
Bmac1

Bmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW ENGLAND View Post

If you want an idea of what Khabib vs Royce would look like, check out the Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie fight.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - Done
Karma Genetics SourA5Haze - Done
Current Diary- Done
Bmac1 is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 08:16 PM #20
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1 View Post
He took the belt from Bisping and retired again. GSP used to (maybe still does) walk around at 185-190 when not in fight camp.

They all cut weight, some more than others. if you are watching a welterweight fight (170lbs) it is safe to say that the 2 guys in the cage on fight night are between 180 and 190lbs.

I'd like to see weight cutting done away with all together. A 170lb champ should be within a couple lbs of 170 and not just for an hour before he steps on the scale. Not to mention how much better the performance of some fighters could be if they didn't put themselves on deaths door 24 hours before combat.
I hear ya good buddy