Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > what are the most expensive seeds on the market?

Thread Title Search
what are the most expensive seeds on the market? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2019, 05:00 PM #41
Mustafunk
Brand new oldschool

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
It seems the market is ruled by offer vs demand laws and marketing. That's what really puts the price at the end of the day, not the quality or the true value. But biggest price is always the one people is willing to pay. There is $3 wine and $+100k wine out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hush View Post
The ones that haven't been corrupted by Dutch genetics yet.
Haha, I would rather say the ones that haven't been corrupted by US genetics yet, hard to find anything clean from OGKush and so on lately...

10 years ago we complained about how Skunk was everywhere, now it's the same with US commercial cultivars. The worst part is the fact that due to internet and globalization, US genetics are spreading everywhere to a much larger extent than Dutch genes 20 years ago. Even the Dutch, UK, Swiss and Spanish companies are loosing their own scene identities and following the trends from Cali and so on, because that's what the mainstream market demands worldwide.

Good old Dutch and Swiss genetics pre-2000 are far more valuable nowadays IMO. And they were breeding to pretty high standards until the law changed that. Nowadays everything is about hype, bag appeal and marketing, inbreeding what's already inbred and genetically limited. Everything can be subjective though, so is quality to certain extent. It all depends on people's background, education, interests and so on.
Mustafunk is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:09 PM #42
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Just so you all know. Higher prices don't always mean better plants. Buyer beware.
Just what I was going to say.

Price quality.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 10-03-2019, 07:49 PM #43
stewart169

stewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond repute
I recently spent $250 for 6 feminized rubber city. Just now sprouting. One didnt make it. Was it worth it ? I dont know. Yet.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:14 PM #44
growhigh1233

think numbers ..............not price !

100 jock horrors seeds ($20 a pack) .................

would almost certainly get you a more elite plant than

20 sensi seeds jack herer seeds ($200 a pack).............

paradise seeds are another highly reputable seed company to add to the list ..............

if you like sativas ace........ mr nice ....cannabiogen

Last edited by growhigh1233; 10-03-2019 at 10:47 PM..

Old 10-03-2019, 09:42 PM #45
mm4n

mm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nicemm4n is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by area51device View Post
I'm not new, but neither a pro. I have 7 personal grows under my belt.
18 euro is too cheap
If you want to be a real pro, I can sell you 1 unknown seed for 10 bitcoins.
It includes a DIY car sticker "10฿ PRO".

mm4n is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:03 PM #46
stewart169

stewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond reputestewart169 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by growhigh1233 View Post
think numbers ..............not price !

20 sensi seeds jack herer seeds ($200).............

paradise seeds are another highly reputable seed company to add to the list ..............

if you like sativas ace........ mr nice ....cannabiogen
If I could I would. The downside is for folks like me is I have limited space and while I get satisfaction from doing my own pheno hunt it’s still a crap shoot. I think the mindset and hope is paying more for fewer seeds is hopefully a better chance of finding the magic plant. But like PT Barnum said about suckers,,,
Truthfully I’d bet most people who are just personal home growers would prefer to acquire top shelf verified and pest free clones and take their own clones from that. Unless you know you can simply go buy another one. Not in my state unfortunately.
stewart169 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:44 PM #47
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart169 View Post
If I could I would. The downside is for folks like me is I have limited space and while I get satisfaction from doing my own pheno hunt it’s still a crap shoot. I think the mindset and hope is paying more for fewer seeds is hopefully a better chance of finding the magic plant. But like PT Barnum said about suckers,,,
Truthfully I’d bet most people who are just personal home growers would prefer to acquire top shelf verified and pest free clones and take their own clones from that. Unless you know you can simply go buy another one. Not in my state unfortunately.
Verified, pest-free clones are a myth. At least here in Crapifornia.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 10-03-2019, 11:52 PM #48
stewart169

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Verified, pest-free clones are a myth. At least here in Crapifornia.
That’s what I read. I just bought my first one from a vendor on stainly. It came from Maine and it’s been quarantined, sprayed and drenched with azamx for a week and I haven’t seen anything other than a really nice and healthy clone. Maybe I got lucky. For the price it better be.
stewart169 is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2019, 12:17 AM #49
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by growhigh1233 View Post

20 sensi seeds jack herer seeds ($200 a pack)...
the best... and i mean the best weed we ever grew was a buck or 2 seed of jock horror... it was kick-ass.. but being old and stupid 15yrs ago (we r prob more stupid today), we didn't take a cutting- we grew out at least 2 more packs of jock (still have 1/2 pack from that era) looking for that lady, never found her - grew out a pack of jack herer.. which i think was 175 for a pack, n nothing came close...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2019, 02:29 AM #50
growhigh1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
the best... and i mean the best weed we ever grew was a buck or 2 seed of jock horror... it was kick-ass.. but being old and stupid 15yrs ago (we r prob more stupid today), we didn't take a cutting- we grew out at least 2 more packs of jock (still have 1/2 pack from that era) looking for that lady, never found her - grew out a pack of jack herer.. which i think was 175 for a pack, n nothing came close...
those special females can pop up at any time ..........some people get lucky and find them in only a few seeds

when you grow multiple packs out, especially of poly hybrids (like jock) (or blueberry)... you see that plants are almost always different............even grouping them into sativa learns and indica learners .. you see the variation

i have a similar sense of loss for a 2011 dp blueberry took 40 regular seeds grow out to find her.and she was the best female out of 70 blueberry seeds overall (i done another 30 seed grow out after ).i had her for 8 years but a police raid wiped everything out even the seeds id made with her

i'm gonna try and hunt her down but more than likely the exact parents wont be used by dutch passion