What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ca def in Veg?

Pretty sure this is a Ca deficiency but wanted some confirmation...
Tap water is ~80ppm, Feeding 7G/Gal Maxibloom and up until this morning 4ml/gal cal-mag. Just upped it to 5.5, but this seems like quite a bit of Ca to show this much.... Been showing for maybe a week or two lightly but my PH was ~6.2 and i thought dropping to 5.7-58 might correct the problem.

Medium: Coco
Age of plants: 9 weeks from seed
Nutrient: Maxibloom/calmag
PPM: ~1150
Tap PPM: 80
Opinions welcome, thinking of doing an epsom salt foliar.

Thanks

picture.php

Another plant:

picture.php

maimunji

Thats not Ca def. Ca is immobile and always show on new growth first. Its not Lsf also. More looks like P def but you overfeed and from there problems comes.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
whats your feed frequency?

looks like your coco is taking up a couple micronutrients before your plant gets to chow on them. Which is usually problem numero uno when people grow in coco.

also epsom foliar will green them back up, same with cal/mg foliar. So its a good idea..... BUT!! the problem is with rootzone uptake, so that has to be addressed too.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thats not Ca def. Ca is immobile and always show on new growth first. Its not Lsf also. More looks like P def but you overfeed and from there problems comes.

Im not sure what LSF is, but Im enjoying some kief atm, so maybe I can't see it clearly. I do agree with your assessment. 1150 ppm feed strength is crazy high! I try to stay under 400PPM(Dyna Grow Gro) in veg. At 350 ppm, I believe my nutrient profile tops out at 130PPM N. I suspect OP is well beyond that point. The cal/mag he's supplying is also boosting his N to unhealthy levels.

OP have you tested your media for EC/PPM levels lately? I suspect yours is well over 2000PPM which is too high for most plants. At extremely high levels you're likely to experience toxicity symptoms, as well as nutrient deficiency symptoms as certain ions compete against each other for uptake.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Several deficiencies present. Is this a purple variety?

I see calcium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc and nitrogen.

maimunji

Im not sure what LSF is, but Im enjoying some kief atm, so maybe I can't see it clearly. I do agree with your assessment. 1150 ppm feed strength is crazy high! I try to stay under 400PPM(Dyna Grow Gro) in veg. At 350 ppm, I believe my nutrient profile tops out at 130PPM N. I suspect OP is well beyond that point. The cal/mag he's supplying is also boosting his N to unhealthy levels.

OP have you tested your media for EC/PPM levels lately? I suspect yours is well over 2000PPM which is too high for most plants. At extremely high levels you're likely to experience toxicity symptoms, as well as nutrient deficiency symptoms as certain ions compete against each other for uptake.

Its reference to Paddy link Lsf is Leaf Spot Fungi.

IT420

Hi guys, i'm new here but I'll introduce myself by doing what I love most on cannabis forums, which is helping people and newbs :)

All those very purple stems are another big sign of phosphorus deficiency. The leaves look like typical phosphorus deficiency too. What are the temperatures? Light on and off. If it gets cold (they say around 18c or below) then it causes the phosphorus to lock out. It's important to keep the roots warm during the dark period if it gets a little cold. Most times I've seen leaves like this it's because of cold feet. But i live in the UK and it gets pretty cold here lol.

Good luck buddy

That’s a crazy high ec to be feeding them. You’re in lockout my friend. Mix up a batch of base nutes at like 200 ppm and 5.8 ph and run a shitload through your pots...tomorrow begin normal 1.0-1.2 feedings. Should correct the problem