What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reeferman Santa Marta Colombian Gold Grow 2017

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice grow Pineapple. I'm growing Reeferman' Orange Pekoe Cambodian and I have a grow diary for that plant I'm working on right now. They are in the 11th week of flower and it looks like some of them could go up to 15 weeks, maybe more. They don't have that wild looking sativa type growth that you have. Yours kind of reminds me of Barney's Farm Dr. Grinspoon.
I've subbed and I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out for you. Best of luck.

Thank you Evergreen, Orange Pekoe Cambodian sounds interesting! Will take a look at your Thread.

I've to hold the SMCG in VEG for a while cause i have a other interesting project which makes me toooo curious to wait longer, Oaxaca 12 Fingers (Flow. ~18 Weeks). So could need a while till the SMCG goes in flower.

Here some more Pictures of the SMCG in VEG.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Here a nice Tripod.

picture.php
picture.php

Love your choice of seeds Pineapple. For you folks with experience growing out Reefermans lines, maybe you can help me out. Around 2004 I ordered Love Potion #1 and he sent some unlabeled seeds. They grew with a much more Sativa structure than pictures of LP depicted. They outgrew an 8 foot high basement and had a silver appearance under the glow of metal halide. They had no significant bud structure. By that time, it had been sine the early 80s when I had experienced a high like that. Music in particular was very heightened. I figured the plants were SMCG but maybe some other extreme Sativa.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Thank you Sierra Padre! Sadly it's hard to tell what your unlabeled Seeds were, but heard that Reefermans SMCG also gives you a feeling where music sounds much better, a real day brightener. :)

Thanks for the compliment onefinity!

There are some good news to Reefermans SMCG, i've found a very nice looking NDL Male. The Male has dropped a bit of pollen which i've used to dust a bud of my Mextiza 7 Week pheno. The pollination was yesterday, so still don't know if it has worked, the next Day and Weeks will show if it worked. Of course i don't know if this male is good or stable in Sex atm, but Mextiza x SMCG could be a interesting cross.

Here a little Picture of the Reeferman Santa Marta Colombian Gold male. As you can see there are some yellow burned leaves, the last few weeks i had some personal problems and didn't take much care about my plants. But they're still alive, which is the most important thing. All the SMCG Plants are just under a 100W CFL fixture in a little Secret jardin Propagator Tent. Right now i don't know when i can flower those out, but definately will hold clones of all the Plants and start a open pollination when im ready!

SMCG Male

picture.php
picture.php

MountainGreen

I'm looking forward to see how these turn out, I've been after this line for a while to do a repro run exactly like this. These seeds from Reeferman are like rocking horse sh** though but I managed to get me some usc 1972 colombian gold.

9DRAGONS

i see reeferman has his own website now selling seed, i gonna purchase some!
Has anyone bought seed from him online in the last month or so?

happy growing dude,

EvergreenState

i see reeferman has his own website now selling seed, i gonna purchase some!
Has anyone bought seed from him online in the last month or so?

happy growing dude,

I'd go to his Facebook page and try to contact him there. Some of those other sites aren't actually his. Also as a heads up and to avoid disappointment, Reef is always on the go, for various reasons:moon:, so I'd check The Attitude, Seedsman or some other reputable site for his seeds.
Probably a better recommendation, if you are looking for good sativa genetics, would be to go with Ace seeds. Ace is about as reputable a seed producer as there is. Can't go wrong with them.

Last edited:

4 Dragons

To answer a couple of questions from the first page. The gold bud looks pretty close to early 70's SMCG. Not exact but close.
Lowland Colombian Red was somewhat stony but still very much a Sativa that isn't speedy. Highland Punto Rojo was a very powerful up Sativa high but not speedy. A good SMCG was very up and also very powerful. It sounded like you had gears spinning at high speed in your head. A really good example could be very intense! Great Colombians back in the day were pretty spectacular and I sure would love to have something like that again!!!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Great thread, paying homage to Santa Marta Columbian Gold.(That's it at the bottom of my post with the Cherokee Pipe) Back in 1977 it tasted like a thick orange smoke full of sweetness. It put you there, it made you feel like a million dollars. It felt like sunshine breaking through your forehead, all warm & fuzzy. They used it to make Skunk#1 also. SMCG was breath taking, you knew you had the best! Long live SMCG!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Old school does not have legit Reef seeds.

my question is.... are any of reef's seeds legit??? many moons ago i bought a few of his wares... don't remember the names, one was willy nelson, the others..???... n they SUCKED... every single plant we grew SUCKED... put the seeds out for the birds, even they wouldnt eat em... add on top his... shall we say shady character... spend your $$$ elsewhere

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
my question is.... are any of reef's seeds legit??? many moons ago i bought a few of his wares... don't remember the names, one was willy nelson, the others..???... n they SUCKED... every single plant we grew SUCKED... put the seeds out for the birds, even they wouldnt eat em... add on top his... shall we say shady character... spend your $$$ elsewhere

Seen some nice reeferman plants way back when he first won the cup with Love Potion. Had a reefs sour d that I wish I still had. Have not grown any of his seeds in about 12-15 years.