What's new

FYI : VIPARSPECTRA 300w : $80 : Amazon

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
With an output of 136 watts it comes in at under a dollar a watt.

Are you posting because you want information?
Are you posting to recommend this light?

Random links to random gardening products are not really helpful without a context.
If you have this light and if it functions as advertised then great. But claiming to replace 250 watts with 136 watts is not a claim I can believe.
I have done side by sides with nine brands of LED against HID, CMH, HPS, T5, and CFL. Based on their lie of matching the growth I would stay away from this brand unless reliably confirmed with pictures that their light does indeed break the rules of physics.

myrth

i'd searched and found that some folk had used this company's products before and was posting with information.

your detailed data is definitely needed. thank you.

THC123

Veteran
Please do not buy viparspectra their claims are bullshit. The real problem is the light coverage. I need 4 viparspectra V600 watt lights for ONE 150 x 150 cm grow tent. So I actually consume MORE energy now because the light coverage sucks. It is only 75 x 75 cm per lamp.

So that is the real problem. The light intensity is good but the coverage sucks. DONT BUY!!!!!

I have 4 of them right now. They perform well but I wanted a 600 watt LED replacement, not this bullshit where I need 4 lamps to get the same coverage...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
They quote coverage in flower as 2.5feet x 2.5 feet. If you have a 4 foot by 4 foot tent, you would theoretically need 3 of them to cover everything, but that would leave gaps so that 4th one makes sense. What part are they lying about? The 3ftx3ft during veg?

THC123

Veteran
The fact that one lamp is a replacement for a 600watt HPS is totally false.

Hi, there
Thanks for your message.
Here is the relative information about our V600 lights.
Vegetative Coverage at 32": 3x3ft
Flowering Coverage at 22": 2.5x2.5ft
As you can see above, two V600 lights just can cover 3*5 and 2.5*5 in the vegetative and flowering period in 5x5 tent. So we recommend you use 4xV600 lights in your tent.
And thousands of indoor growers feedback the V600 light can work well and its using enffciency can even replaces the 600W HPS/MH lights after they used.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.(/quote)

This is an answer from their customer service so they admit themselves that one lamp cannot replace a 600 watt

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah you are right, their page says Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 269 watts! Perfect for a 3x3’ vegetative coverage at 32” while 2.5x2.5’ flowering coverage at 22”. So while the measurements are fine, I think they are using weaselly words there with "compares to". How does it compare to it? According to people who have actually tested it I guess, not well?

THC123

Veteran
To be honest my plants are growing really well under it, and they look healthier than with HPS. About yield, I am in week 2 so in about 14 weeks I can tell something about that.

But I can already tell you that the yield of one Vl600 amp can't ever compare to a 600 watt simply due to the coverage. I think they maybe mean intensity of the light? Or the yield you can get per plant (in the optimal coverage zone)?? I have no idea to be honest.

That being said I am really curious what I will get with the 4 lamps on 150 x 150 cm (5 x5 feet).

Still I was really disappointed and I was just gullible and wanted to save money.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
That being said I am really curious what I will get with the 4 lamps on 150 x 150 cm (5 x5 feet).
Still I was really disappointed and I was just gullible and wanted to save money.

thc - i bought '3' of their 300w for my 4x3.5ft tent last spring- they
S U C K E D ... i added an 8bulb 4ft fluor to the tent.... and i toasted the plants - i gave the vipar's away - the guy i gave em to says they are 'ok' for his closet where he keeps his mums...

Latest posts

Latest posts