What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Silverback

Happy Roots

Veteran
Expectations meet reality in this cross if you want it from our perspective. At least as sugar coated as the mum, and with extra delicious feature of pure sweetness from the fathers.

This is not the last I've been working with GG#4. She sure does put on some glue in the offspring. I'm sure The Silverback will be even better, as I'm all in for sweet taste and heavy potent smoke.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I hate to be a dick in pointing it out but you might want to pick another name. There are already at least 3 different Silverback stains in existence

but fwiw the last pic looks like it's a nice cross!:tiphat:

Last edited:

Happy Roots

Veteran
No need to hate yourself. I like peps to say out what they think, as long as it is in manners like yourself-So thanks!

I've given it some thoughts, and to my knowledge no strain is called " The Silverback "
I only found "Silverback" as a strain name. May be I'm wrong!?

And in my humble opinion, my cross here is screaming for the name I baptized it.

macamus33

"Carpe Diem" seeds had a strain called "Silverback Gorilla" a number of years ago. Gorilla Grape X Emperor Kush was the cross. Only one I know about. Still have a pack of those in my seed collection. Don't know of any just called plain "Silverback". Great name for a good looking cross.

Good shit Happy!

The Silverback turned out to be an outstanding cross bro'ski!

The new Bald Monkey line ssseeewww dang looks so fkn dank!!!

Heck all your new SB stuff came out as well as I had expected.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Other Silverback I saw was
Herijuana (Silverback(rip) from Kentucky)x Freezeland.

Looks great.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I've given it some thoughts, and to my knowledge no strain is called " The Silverback "
I only found "Silverback" as a strain name. May be I'm wrong!?
Silver Back by Colorado Seed Inc. is a potent and mysterious strain. With unknown Hawaiian genetics that mutated during mainland propagation, this strain was described as a “boutique Hawaiian crystal-beast.” Silver Back may never make it to market due to its small yield, but the genetics have found their way into other CO Seed crosses, like Silver Cindy and Silver Nina.

Silverback Ape is also known as Silver Back and is a clone copy is currently circulating around California under the latter
Apothecary Genetics - Silver Back
Genetics: Grape Ape & Super Silver Haze
Effect: Strong body and head medication.
Taste: Grapy Menthol
Flowering indoor: 8-9 Weeks, yield 700-800 gr / sqm
Flowering outdoor: End of October

IMO adding "the" doesn't change the name. i.e If anyone named a cultivar "The Gorilla Glue" they would likely catch a world of grief over it.

Take it from somebody who's been down that road. It's a whole lot easier to rename a strain before it's been passed around than to deal with the BS that comes after

subrovka

Silverback Jack by Sin City Seeds. it´s GG#4 x Sour Jack, been growing it for a good year now.. hm at least they have common genetics, so it makes kind of sense

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
regardless of all the hype,nonsense, and namecalling ...
SilverBack, WAS a long term member / outdoor gorilla grower, in OR, that passed sum time back.... WAY before all the strain name hype... back when he grew Maple leaf indica, and sensi star.... look deep and way back, but the threads and info are still there.....

thats the REAL silverback..... from whence it all came.....

Yo Mushy,

I honestly wouldn't worry what any of these people think. :deadhorse:

Just keep doing what you're good at. Does not matter what people call it what really does matter is it is an awesome chuck and thanks for sharing it sir.

Going to be badass smoke no doubt! :smoker:

:respect:

ECtraveler

Veteran
Just keep doing what you're good at. Does not matter what people call it what really does matter is it is an awesome chuck and thanks for sharing it sir.

Yeah, who cares about ethics or being a responsible member of the breeding community. Names do matter

I get what you are saying but there is a lot of BS negative tension over a name and very little complements on a job well done. I as far as I know it is never supposed to be released in mass quantities and that changes things. So to me in this specific case a name is not as important as getting feedback about the cross. Calling him unethical is a bit overboard.

ECtraveler

Veteran
as far as I know it is never supposed to be released in mass quantities and that changes things.
Neither was GG#4. Anything that's fire get's spread around, it's inevitable in this day and age.
Calling him unethical is a bit overboard.

The not caring about ethics comment was meant for you not the OP. But you are right that it was a bit overboard.

Naming is one of my pet peeves. There are several reasons why one of which is having been on both sides of the stick myself. It also sucks for those we pass our genetics on to. It's bad enough we don't even try to use the Cultivated Plant Code

Last edited:
As far as I have heard GG#4 was totally meant to be spread around from the very start. Not only that but it was purposely spread passed out for free.

From a breeding standpoint the biggest difference I can see between Gorilla Bubble from Tony and The Silverback from Happy is the Sour Bubble generations used. GB uses a SB BX3 where TSB uses a few SB BX1 males.

The other major difference is Tony is using Sour Bubble as a starting point to BX GG4 into a stable GG leaning seed line. The Gorilla Bubble seeds being sold are way heavy on the GG4 side compared to the original F1s he made. Definitely way different from what Happy made.

Happy Roots

Veteran
Yo Mushy,

I honestly wouldn't worry what any of these people think. :deadhorse:

Thanks for the positivity Broski RD

I honestly just laugh at people comments, and wonder a second on how hype and narcissism go hand in hand:)

Smell is still great. The drying buds keep the origin GG smells added with a perfect balanced sweet aroma.
Smoke's going to be wicked.
:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts