What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lumigrow Pro 325 (Opinions)

Minion

I've been considering the Lumigrow Pro 325 for flowering. Plan A is a 315 CMH. I have successfully used full spectrum LED for flowering and loved the results. The reliability history of my LED lighting is a different story as they seem to last for about 1 grow.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I've been considering the Lumigrow Pro 325 for flowering. Plan A is a 315 CMH. I have successfully used full spectrum LED for flowering and loved the results. The reliability history of my LED lighting is a different story as they seem to last for about 1 grow.

Lumigrow is on my list of LEDs I have been lookin at. 5 year warranty. If I understand correctly one of the advantages of LEDs is the lifespan vs MH or HPS single ended bulbs

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The 325 Pro is a powerful light and can satisfy a 4x4 area quite well. The customizable blue/white/red knobs are good, as well as the 5 year warranty. Another light to look into is the XML or XTE led lights from Advanced LED. They are also high quality with a warranty.

-Funk

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's my situation. I dumped my CDM's, all three.... there going to be outdated very soon if not now.. the CDM is a great light, high Cri which is wonderful, but seeing gavita pics.. I am confident with this chart also matching up the CDM is no match for the new gavitas, thus in my opinion rendering CDM worthless unless you very much value "whiter" light. the systems are overpriced compared to gavita I feel, and not talking watt per watt..

second, not sure what LED you been using, but they have come a long way from lasting more then one grow for most people... yes most all use cheap chinese drivers which can fail when using junk, but a lot of these drivers are pretty good for the price they paid for them.. and things are only get better and better..

so here's a chart, you take from it what you want, chart was uploaded by beta test I believe, comes from bruce bugbee, which tested the helio led and put it at 1.7 also..

my 10 cents.. I would in no way buy that light unless you found one for a couple hundred bucks, the light is old by now, and each panel that comes out makes it look older and older.. I would hope at some point we see another light from lumi, but who knows, I'm sure there is not much for them to go at this point with their design and setup of LED .. for them to justify changing the whole light again, but they could easily just update the LED board at some point with better LED's

Minion

Lumigrow is on my list of LEDs I have been lookin at. 5 year warranty. If I understand correctly one of the advantages of LEDs is the lifespan vs MH or HPS single ended bulbs

My Apollo LEDs died within months. I have cheap commercial LEDs for vegging that work perfect. I really just need a good light for flowering.

here's my situation. I dumped my CDM's, all three.... there going to be outdated very soon if not now.. the CDM is a great light, high Cri which is wonderful, but seeing gavita pics.. I am confident with this chart also matching up the CDM is no match for the new gavitas, thus in my opinion rendering CDM worthless unless you very much value "whiter" light. the systems are overpriced compared to gavita I feel, and not talking watt per watt..

second, not sure what LED you been using, but they have come a long way from lasting more then one grow for most people... yes most all use cheap chinese drivers which can fail when using junk, but a lot of these drivers are pretty good for the price they paid for them.. and things are only get better and better..

so here's a chart, you take from it what you want, chart was uploaded by beta test I believe, comes from bruce bugbee, which tested the helio led and put it at 1.7 also..

my 10 cents.. I would in no way buy that light unless you found one for a couple hundred bucks, the light is old by now, and each panel that comes out makes it look older and older.. I would hope at some point we see another light from lumi, but who knows, I'm sure there is not much for them to go at this point with their design and setup of LED .. for them to justify changing the whole light again, but they could easily just update the LED board at some point with better LED's

I see how the HPS has output, but I need something for flowering only. All LED grow lights seem to be full spectrum too, which I don't really need either. CMH gets the nod for efficiency and spectrum I want in flowering.