What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where to find grapefruit? spg?

smokeyla1

Looking for a replacement for my Swt#3 mother that I lost due to autoflowering. Im pretty sure it was a spg pheno that had perfect stature, easy cloner, great yield, fruity smell, frosty as hell and just potent enough to make the cut. After some research, I see dynamite and mikado are both seed versions of the spg clone but mikado is nowhere to be found and dynamite at a couple places that I never had experiences with. Anyone ever use Grow Shop Alien to US before or greenlife? Seedboutique is always my first choice, just ordered Double Dutch from there, but I would love to get my hands on some dynamite. Thanks for any help.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Sweet Tooth 4 soon to be on the bay is nearly all SPG. The real one.

G

Green Supreme

Sweet Tooth 4 who did that cross? Seems like it would be tough for anyone to get DJ's stud to rub against. Peace GS

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet Tooth 4 is an original Spice of Life strain, came out around 2003 when Steve was in Switzerland.
Flowers faster than the #3 and is more like the SPG mom, very frosty. (most phenos)

Some pure IBx1's (Inbred 1 time) will hopefully be on the bay soon. Exactly like originals.

There might even be a cross of:

Early Swt4 male x (Blueberry Female x Sweet Skunk Male) along with it. Those are quite special.

G

Green Supreme

You sure ? Pretty sure that was Sweet Tooth 3. Peace GS

smokeyla1

I remember people not liking the #4 as much as #3. I think #4 was created to decrease chance of mold. Was it simply another backcross to spg? I dont think it was because I remember seeing frostier buds but less yield from other growers posts but this is based on memory and not facts

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:

I am absolutely positively 100% sure dude, lol

Not many people got this one when it first came out due to availability although some people bought it as seconds in the bulk mixes earlier this year I think. Original pack from seedsdirect (Gypsy) circa 2003 shown above.

It has super frosty phenos, many are slightly less dense compared to the #3 which is a good thing because the #3 always has mold issues. It's definitely a very good yielder, and a little faster. Aroma is unreal.

The #3 is great no doubt, I just happen to like the grapefruit citrus phenos that actually really smell like pink grapefruit which dominate in the #4. This is the one. The buzz is totally warm & kind too, "hippy high". :joint:

G

Green Supreme

Will stick with the Grapefruit cut. Love the Sweet Tooth, but think I will continue my hunt for #1. Good luck. Peace GS

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dug up some old pics from years back of the swt 4 @ just week 4 in soil, check out the trichomes.
This was the underneath of a little side branch.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pure juicy sweet pink grapefruit goo. To imagine the smell just go buy some of the sour gummy pink grapefruit slices with sugar all over them and smash them up in your hand with some blueberry jam.

G

Green Supreme

Just one more question. Didn't you say the Sweet Tooth 4 was mostly SPG and if so don't you think it got its density from the Grapefruit? If it is mostly Grapefruit wouldn't it be dense rather than more Blueberry which would be a more loose structure? Grapefruit is a very dense plant. Feel free to check my Supreme's Greens thread as I chopped my SPG mom this week. Peace GS

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I recall correctly (and this was many years ago) I read somewhere Breeder Steve made the selections for Swt 4 based upon the last plants to mold (or not mold) when all the others did outdoors (In Switzerland?) and that was a focus of the #4 since it was an issue with the #3 line before it. Not all SPG phenos are super dense and remember the Sweet Tooth is a hybrid as I'm sure you know of SPG x BB so it has traits of both parents and different phenos. It's still a chunky monkey for sure and very good yielder. I have seen leafy ones that are stupid frosty and others that are rock solid and lean more to the BB side smell wise. The less dense more crystally ones are usually more SPG leaning from what I have seen. Then again some are dense & super frosty, I have actually never seen a Sweet Tooth that was not covered in white crystals. (The #4)

I really wish Breeder Steve could be on here and enlighten us all, either way it rocks and smells like fruit. :joint:

You can support the bay and find out for yourself soon hopefully. Someone I know told me they planned on donating a few 12 packs of exactly what you see above. There might not ever be another chance to get it.

seeyouaunty

I was lucky enough to come across a spg pheno in a pack of SwT#3, compared to the other phenos it had by far the most dense buds. The main cola was hard like a stone, it had no give to it when squeezed. I've never come across anything quite like it since.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry just thought you said that Sweet Tooth 4 was mostly Grapefruit. The cut is very dense and not leafy. Figured the cut would represent the Grapefruit not seed phenos. Now more confused than ever. Peace GS

ps. a link to the Grapefruit I chopped
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2839855&postcount=33

That's the thing though Grapefruit and Sweet Pink Grapefruit are totally different things and so many people group them together as the same plant. What I call dense and others call dense may be very different too. Dense to me is a dutch bubblegum with their tiny little calyx's that have no space at all and are packed together in massive clusters from inside themselves and rock hard when done on the plant. Or a skunk with basically no extra leaves except for fan leaves and all big solid packed calyx's. Unfortunately those just don't have the special something that Sweet Tooth does. Maybe it's from the special BB male.

Sweet Tooth surely is a dense bud for most though and that's why the mold happens to the #3 so much if not topped. Sweet Tooth can also be kinda leafy in some phenos, but they are little thick bud leaves covered in trichomes and with really nice color. I have seen SWT4 buds that literally look, taste & smell like pink grapefruit candy. I also have a picture SOMEWHERE (grrrrr) of a Sweet Tooth Bud nearly the size of a 5 gallon water jug. No shit.

I know you have some other SOL genetics from seeing you post in other threads about them but as far as I know that "real" SPG cut the Sweet Tooth was made with is not floating around anywhere. There are a few strains that smell like Grapefruit and are called that like the commercial BC clone everyone seems to have but if you have ever had the Sweet Tooth SPG pheno it's really special and quite different than the common "Grapefruit". That being said your plant looks deliciously awesome and looks the part. It also looks to be of normal regular density.

So I am guessing you got your SPG cut directly from Breeder Steve then?

I thought you were looking for it? Or did you mean the first Sweet Tooth? (#1)

Will stick with the Grapefruit cut. Love the Sweet Tooth, but think I will continue my hunt for #1. Good luck. Peace GS

The reason I ask is because the real SPG was rumored to be a rare pheno of NL #1.

So not sure which #1 you are talking about...unless you meant the #1 SPG cut.

I have only been a SOL fan since 99' or so. Only 10 years plus and counting. :joint:

I know also that the REAL no questions asked SPG is in the Sweet Tooth #3, & #4.

G

Green Supreme

Well my Grapefruit is Sweet Pink Grapefruit as you have speculated. You see when Grapefruit went "missing" it wasn't gone. Chimera had been holding it all along. I got a cut through him. Had the pleasure of being able to get it back to him at the start of summer along with a few others he was looking for. Peace GS

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's seriously awesome GS, it looked like the SPG. :woohoo:

I wish you had a nice Sweet #4 male to hit it with.

The males from the #4 are so grapefruity and strong. Would be a faster finisher too likely.

Is yours done faster normally and you just let it go all the way and really mature out at 10 weeks?

Whats the high like? Potency? You still running it?

G

Green Supreme

Yes she got her bad name because so many folks were taking her down at 6 weeks{at 6 weeks she looks like everyone else at 8}. I love the 10 week high is very cerebral and hangtime is nothing to shake a stick at. Most will never have the patience to let her go that long. 10 weeks is nothing for me I have 12 ahd 15 weekers and am in the process of hunting a 16-20 week Haze. That was my mom in the pic. I did take cuts before I threw her into flower and they are just becoming something now. I pray she never leaves me again. Peace GS

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please pollinate that plant with a sweet tooth male or self it and put the seeds on the bay dude. :joint:

I agree though on the trich formation, the SPG starts making crystals and does some calyx swelling really early compared to many strains. It also shows sex really fast under 24 hrs.