What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much Cal-Mag

browntrout

Veteran
Wondering how much cal-mag you folks use?

I've noticed some Textbook deficiency on 1/5th of seed plants in the form of brown/rusty spotting.

I usually air on the side of caution and use 1/4 - 1/2 dose nutrients either organic mostly or some synthetic.

I was using RO water but have been using spring water (70-90ppm) for last 3 waters. I've used CaliMagic twice so far in the last month

How often would you need to supplement Cal/Mag at 80ppm, assuming nutrients only have trace-moderate amounts?

Is it better to micro-dose with every watering or full amounts every other or third water?

Curious as to what works for you guys.

Plants are 6+/- weeks old 1-gal pots in Sunshine 4 / Pro-mix combo

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I have been using Cal/Mag as a tonic with every watering. I use a smaller measure then the bottle recommends so I don't get nute locked. So far it is working for me. I used to struggle with Cal/Mag deficiency sometimes so I hope this works.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I use 7 1/2 mil/gal (1 1/2tsp). I also cut it completely our 30 days before harvest. Cal/mag makes the smoke harsh if you use it all the way through.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I use it once a week at recommended levels but, supplement with potassium from week 4 of flower. A potassium deficiency is often misdiagnosed as a cal-mag def. I had an issue, not anymore.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Most coco based nutriets have lots of cal/mag in them. Calcium is usually 3-4% and Magnesium is 1-2% depending on the brand.

-Funk

browntrout

Veteran
FYI 0.5ml/L or 10ml/20L is giving me a total of 210ppm up from 90ppm base. so a full dose (1ml/L) should be in the 330ppm range.

They haven't gotten many "straight water" feedings, but nothing strong either.

Any concern of toxicity? I'm under the impression Calcium / Magnesium are much harder to overfeed than NPK no?

Latest posts

Latest posts