What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama seedstock

Wondering how old the standard seeds are (at the Boutique). Reason for asking - out of twenty seeds of these (CBG label, through Boutique), germ rate was zero. With same order were twenty Mextiza, all of which were up and strong in less than 24 hrs using same careful cultivation method and conditions.
This has never happened with Ace's Panama for us before, so we're assuming old stock (seed appeared whitish and dried out), possibly different storage/handling at CBG? Anyway,:tiphat: gracias, amigas...

komboloi

Wondering how old the standard seeds are (at the Boutique). Reason for asking - out of twenty seeds of these (CBG label, through Boutique), germ rate was zero. With same order were twenty Mextiza, all of which were up and strong in less than 24 hrs using same careful cultivation method and conditions.
This has never happened with Ace's Panama for us before, so we're assuming old stock (seed appeared whitish and dried out), possibly different storage/handling at CBG? Anyway,:tiphat: gracias, amigas...

Can't answer your questions about CBG or the Boutique, but I'll say two things relevant to your post:

1. Age of seeds matters, but so does method of storage. Don't assume the seeds that failed to germinate were old. They might have just been badly stored. But my experience is that old seeds generally have been mistreated too. It's also possible they sent you under-developed seeds from bud that was harvested too early. Not good in any event.

2. I've germed Ace Seeds Panama after 2 ½ years of storage in my cool dark dry location, and all germinated within 48 hours. In fact, every seed I've ever purchased from Ace has been stored for at least a couple years on my end, and not one of them has ever failed to germinate. That tells me that they are either sending very fresh seeds or well-stored seeds or both.

C

charlie garcia

Hola amigos

As far as I know both companies share same stocks so must be particular not well stored or older pack case.
If you could write us an email hopefully we can replace them to you
best
kaiki
cannabiogen

My sincere, respectful thanks for your offer, Kaiki. Unfortunately I trashed the first empty package after planting it, assuming they would come up, as they always have in the past. Saved the 2nd one, though, after none of those ten emerged either. Will email.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Expanserene,

I'm not sure about SeedBoutique stock, our packaging always includes the packing date so you can always ask the retailer about the freshness of the seeds. If you let us know the packing date, then we can provide more details about the concrete reproduction of your seeds.

About panama's recent and available stock: both standard and feminized stock are fresh and with great germination vigour. The standard version was reproduced in late 2013 using a big variety of parental plants, selected from seed lines ranging from 2008 to 2012, it's by far the best work we have done with this strain by now. Feminized stock was produced next in early 2014 with the very best parental plants from previous standard selection.

Clones from the best parental plants were shared with kaiki recently so he can use them in the future in the most convenient way.

Latest posts

Latest posts