What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 Black Domina

FiftySeeds

Hi guys , have you grown any Black Domina from Sensi Seeds recently ?

If I remember correctly (from 96 and 06 batches), this strain is not only nearly a pure Indica which grows on a main stem with dark leaves , but the smoke can incredibly strong and any smokers cought . 7 to 8 weeks flowering with large and "neon" orange hairs.The smell from the large stems and leaves is intense , making the growing phase already have a hardcore smell ^^.

With this description , will I find the same quality from today's batch ?
Any reports are welcome :)

(please no hate for sensi seeds in general, or advertise S.A.D. from Sweet seeds , thank you :blowbubbles: )

10/10 good start ! :dance013:
picture.php

Peace my friends and Happy new year !

sshz

420giveaway
The only thing you can be assured is it's different than what it once was........as is most everything in the Sensi catalog.

lLucky

I have a good feeling about the one in the middle 2nd row next to the plant picture on the packaging :)

Will be following this one as well! Hope the best for you

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i grew it years and years ago when it was suppose to be GREAT.... we grew out the whole pack over various grows and culled every one- thought it was weak...

FiftySeeds

Nice inputs my friends , you're welcome .

I know I can't take the breeders description for granted , but at least seeds are fresh and quite cheap nowadays when there is a 50% off prom. As they are pretty vigourous , I won't let them grow longer than 3 weeks from seeds. Selection is the key in a 4 way cross , a wide variations can bring a rare black mistress pheno ^^.

After 2 weeks of life under T5 ( and high humidity !) repoted in rfx and will stay a week under Leds. EC : 1 , bottom feed :)

picture.php

picture.php

That's true that the seeds are not the same , in 96 they were pretty huge in size . Everyone could notice.

In 06 , they were regular sized; from me that was a change of the mother they used. By the way the buds were pretty good, maybe just not the good phenos . It was also a time when a lot of crazy new genetics hit the market, so i neglect black domina /pure indica lines (and stopped with all Sensis' strains).

:wave:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice inputs my friends , you're welcome .

I know I can't take the breeders description for granted , but at least seeds are fresh and quite cheap nowadays when there is a 50% off prom. As they are pretty vigourous , I won't let them grow longer than 3 weeks from seeds. Selection is the key in a 4 way cross , a wide variations can bring a rare black mistress pheno ^^.

After 2 weeks of life under T5 ( and high humidity !) repoted in rfx and will stay a week under Leds. EC : 1 , bottom feed :)

View Image

View Image

That's true that the seeds are not the same , in 96 they were pretty huge in size . Everyone could notice.

In 06 , they were regular sized; from me that was a change of the mother they used. By the way the buds were pretty good, maybe just not the good phenos . It was also a time when a lot of crazy new genetics hit the market, so i neglect black domina /pure indica lines (and stopped with all Sensis' strains).

:wave:

Good luck with your hunt FiftySeeds hope you find a true keeper i will take a seat back here :wave:

FiftySeeds

Now at 21 days ,
let's go HPS lights and more space for roots in the Flowering room .

They're not mature and sexed already , so i will loose a precious energy ( and yield !) giving them 12 hours of dark so quickly. I may end with one ounce per plant , but it should enough to find a keeper if there is one :biggrin:

Smell already here, some more than the others. please Use carbon filters ^^.
I must say that they are pretty vigorours , around 1" tall. Leaves are fat and extra fan is needed to keep them moving :)

ps : current grow is 4 wks older. Synch soon ;).

Good luck with your hunt FiftySeeds hope you find a true keeper i will take a seat back here
Thank you DARKSIDER , nice to see you here !:headbange

Last edited:

FiftySeeds

After one week , the first males show their little and will grow separtly.
Small branches are cutted off to make labelled clones .
ec 1,2 . 2 part calcinit /1 part kristalon. Led for the picture only .

This boy is the most smelly stems with a rough texture "sand paper like". I will use it first :) .

Peace

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
After one week , the first males show their little and will grow separtly.
Small branches are cutted off to make labelled clones .
ec 1,2 . 2 part calcinit /1 part kristalon. Led for the picture only .

This boy is the most smelly stems with a rough texture "sand paper like". I will use it first :) .

View Image

Peace

They look proper all look BLD.
Only good thing at Sensis are they regulars.
We make selection on JH this year and they are propper.
I never grow fem seeds of Sensi.

q3corn

Beautiful! I have a black domina cross in my stash and this is making me wanna grow those seeds

G

Following this thread as well. I have access to a great Black Domina clone that is quite popular in Spain, and I'm very interested to see if the plants you get from the new seeds are similar to it. Are you going to make seeds as well?

FiftySeeds

Thank you q3corn, pop seeds bring lot of fun.

Following this thread as well. I have access to a great Black Domina clone that is quite popular in Spain, and I'm very interested to see if the plants you get from the new seeds are similar to it. Are you going to make seeds as well?

Nice clone , i would like to read your impressions in term of effect , and grow behavior if you've done already (taste eventually ) :) .

Neither the fems lines from this barcelona clone have "dominated" me with the warm , almost paralysing effect of the ones i've grown back in the days.
But very good yielders , homogeous and very nice indica though. There was always variations in seeds to please the stoners , but mine were only decent yielders and needed extra veg time , defoliation...

Yes crosses will be done if no hermies in the females :) .

Now here is the female that intriguing me ,most narrow leaves , long petiols and the first to show pistils. 20 " tall , should grow a little more.

In a past message , i've first believed they change their female because seeds weren't as big in 2006 than in 96. But they may have change their male instead , easier to loose a male isnt' it ?
Can't imagine they (the biggest seeds bank at that time) had lost their BD mother lol . Who really knows.

Peace

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
In a past message , i've first believed they change their female because seeds weren't as big in 2006 than in 96. But they may have change their male instead , easier to loose a male isnt' it ?
Can't imagine they (the biggest seeds bank at that time) had lost their BD mother lol . Who really knows.

Peace
My Black Domina keeper will always make the same looking seeds no matter which male I've used; small, very dark brown and mottled. So if the seeds look different, it could be they use different female now.

Here’s my BD keeper. It’s the Ortega-pheno. Narrower leaves, tall and lanky. It was the only female I got out of 5 seeds:

picture.php

picture.php

Good luck with the grow. Very interested to see the ladies bloom.:wave:

G

Nice clone , i would like to read your impressions in term of effect , and grow behavior if you've done already (taste eventually ) :) .

Neither the fems lines from this barcelona clone have "dominated" me with the warm , almost paralysing effect of the ones i've grown back in the days.
But very good yielders , homogeous and very nice indica though. There was always variations in seeds to please the stoners , but mine were only decent yielders and needed extra veg time , defoliation...

I have read about the Barcelona clone you mention, but the one I know is a different one. It was selected in my city (Valencia) and is known as "black domina barraquera".

I have grown it twice (it was my first 2 grows haha) but my friend who gave me the clones is still growing it to this day. When I first went to the city to attend college, this friend was growing a few "elite" clones that were sold at a very well known grow shop. He grew White Widow, AK47, Northern Lights among others and the Black Domina just made me not want to smoke the other ones.

This one is NOT a particularly good yielder, but the lack of a big yield it makes up in the quality of the effect. It is very potent but very happy, carefree kind of high. Intense warm body high but doesn't destroy you like other indicas. The flavor is very intense and fruity, rather than hash-like or earthy like other afghanis I have tried.

They say it is the clones where the S.A.D. fem seeds came from, but when I grew these they were pretty S.A.D. in comparison.:D

As for the growth it has very short internodes, and responds terribly to topping. One of these plants that just don't want to branch out.

I am very interested to read your comparison between this batch and the previous ones you had.

FiftySeeds

My Black Domina keeper will always make the same looking seeds no matter which male I've used; small, very dark brown and mottled. So if the seeds look different, it could be they use different female now.

To be honest, i haven't seen any significative differences in seed sizes using different males over the same mother , but some people have reported this (bigger cotelydons need more space).
The way and Time of pollination , number of seeds per plant are some factors i know can change seed size and color , some will always stay cute tiny seeds .So they may haven't change the receipe since Nevil did...but pollination techniques .

Your plant looks stellar , i didn't know how Ortega phenos could flower...so tall !

From nevil himself..Black Domina was a 4 way indica hybrid I made for Sensi. I was going for big seeds/bracts with large resin globules on stalked glands. People seemed to want bigger yields, so I substited Garlic bud for one of the indicas

That's the point , big seeds had always been associated with the broader leaf indica type and short stature (Bog sour bubble was vey large , bubba kush katsu too). And the fact that your tall plant plant makes small seeds seems to stay in this logic.
By the way , does your plant bring indica characteristics in the offspring ?

From my six females , five are exactly what i was waiting for , the last one (#5) already looks different.

Thank you Magoluci for your report :) . I made a mistake , the clone I'm talking about is the same from Valencia, my bad.This one , the critical bilbo and the somango are the cuts which floats around communities. Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the grow ;

Peace

Last edited:

FiftySeeds

Here at 4 weeks flowering ,

all plants show resins , and i believe they have stop their strecth .
4 of them are 2,5 " , and 2 smaller get only 2" tall.
Ok , I know these are not realistic size , once cloned and optimized , it can be a diffrerent story.

But grown like this , they look like autos under 12/12 light schedule ! Hopefully , I will not end with the same finished product ^^ .

:)

Last edited:

RGG

Im a massive fan or SAD and been thinking about these black domina for a while will be good to see how they come out

Latest posts

Latest posts