What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What did you get for Christmas?

superx

Veteran
Hey everyone happy Christmas....

Just found the Da vinci iq2 vape under the tree to add to my collection.

Also a very rare bottle of Irish single malt, gonna be a cracker of a day.

Have a safe one..

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Versaci Eros with shower gel, 2 pairs of nylon running shorts, European cookies and wafers and chocolates, 4 shirts - guns n roses, star wars, acdc, rolling Stones, 2 winter hats, pair of winter gloves, $15 Dunkin donuts card, $150 for my medical marijuana recommendation and card. I just filled out the online form and submitted it. The Holistic Center in Boston.
I got my mom some really nice flowers and a nice puff-out flower card and a couple pieces of fudge

mr.brunch

Veteran
I got high and full of turkey.

Mrs B got me some nice clothes and aftershave and I got some nice stuff from other relatives too
My ancient grandmother sent me cash to cover the cost of the turkey...traditional... something my grandfather did ever since I got married

Best present was how excited my little daughter was this year- she loved it.

Best wishes all :tiphat:

G

Way more than I probably deserved.... in a number of ways.

New lens covers for my HID Light Force 7" over-heads on my truck.

An excellent leather, executive, high-back, leather, super-padded (with memory foam), tilting and adjustable for elevation, with 5 casters, computer desk/office chair.

Playing cards.

A wooden and brass handled stainless steel whisk (for cooking sauces).

A new composite headlight for the truck.

LED conversions for the truck's headlights

Hand-warmers

Wireless remote digital meat thermometer

A rechargeable electric razor (been shaving pretty steadily ever since last March, so my P100 mask will seal properly on town trips, but between trips, sometimes 7-10 days, I get quite a forest of stubble, so the electric razor takes down the proverbial forest before engaging the use of the hand-razor.

A new water muff intake for tuning the boat, etc., in the driveway.

And, the gag joke with function that my younger son gave me, among the majority of that which I received (he also gave me), was a little super-insulated mummy style sleeping bag that's a beverage/bottle holder. Never saw one before, and not one for that sort of gimmick, but I laughed, and believe that if I'm around for future trips into the bush, or around the camp fire, in the future my beverages may enjoy some winter camping gear.

Pretty good year, really, all things considered.

superx

Veteran
Hey moose, Santa's sack was full, somebody loves you my good man.
Sounds like you got a good circle around you.

I do be thinking of you...

Fingers crossed.

G

Fingers crossed.

Thanks, SX.

Lots of different emotions this year. Too many. Yes, my family that's here are way too kind to me, considering my rigidness in life at times.

All metaphysical input, prayers, positive thoughts, or even just 'past due' notices are appreciated. ;)

superx

Veteran
Always here, just at the back of the audience man I hear everything..

Roll on 2021.

G

Fingers crossed.

Some gallows humor??? The computer chair has a 10-year warranty!!!

You KNOW I found that tidbit funny in retrospect, right?

I guess on the off-chance that I 'go' before it does, I need to modify the Last Will & Testament, to include the chair.... :)

superx

Veteran
What in hindsight?

We all walk the same tunnel.

Nice one on the 10 year warranty.

G

What in hindsight?

We all walk the same tunnel.

Nice one on the 10 year warranty.

The implications of the 10 year warranty didn't make themselves sufficiently clear to me until most of Christmas Day had passed. When I remembered that, in light of our posts here, I truly laughed.

Like someone who just had their stomach surgically stapled walking into an all-you-can-eat buffet; just makes a person say, "Huh." and wonder a bit.

But no matter my outcome, someone here will make very good use of it. It's an awesome chair, and one of the first I've noticed in a while that offered such a warranty.

Merry Christmas, SX

Green Squall

6 American Silver Eagles (and a 1964 dime), pair of Columbia boots, infrared cooking thermometer, blanket and a cool book about my towns local history, which contains many hiking routes and landmarks. I tell my fam I'm too old for this, but they won't hear of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful and enjoyed spending the day with everyone.

My mother and aunt are easily pleased with antiques and gift certificates, so that was easy, and my grumpy, yet awesome father got fine goods from an Italian pasta store and a $30 scratchy, which he won $100 from.

All and all a great day with plenty of leftover lamb sent home with me to eat tomorrow, or hopefully not tonight when the munchies will inevitably set it.

superx

Veteran
I really need to read between the lines at times, also be a better listner.

Posture is so out of shape I'm investing in a memory foam bed, 700 euro, Emma is the brand
And hand-built in Eire.

Might see them coming.

G

I really need to read between the lines at times, also be a better listner.

Posture is so out of shape I'm investing in a memory foam bed, 700 euro, Emma is the brand
And hand-built in Eire.

Might see them coming.

Me, as well. Listening sometimes, esp. when things aren't in synch in communication, is a key that I sometimes have to make myself back up a bit and re-hear what was said or written.

No harm, no foul, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't offended you unintentionally.

Just took my new over-head HID lighting covers on a trip around the area, to compare the old blemished clear covers to the new blue ones my youngest son gave me. Not bad!! My youngest thinks they're too tinted, but I could see fine, other than for simply adjusting to the hue.

Now he's out adjacent to the river, riding the latest snowmobile he's built, with neighbor folks who are quite generous and kind.

I'm headed up to have a puff of my conglomerate trich mix of the last harvest's hashish, and another moment of nothingness.

Oh... My wife finished a brightly colored quilt for me the other day for Christmas (just remembered, queen-size, nice metallic, bright colors), and the neighbors sent down a very nice pair of snowmobile goggles for my youngest son, and a moose roast for us, which was placed into the freezer, for a pot roast later on.

superx

Veteran
Nothingness, zero does not exist then.

I would really like to walk in your shoes for 48hrs moose and share your feelings.
Your heart is nicely placed.

The quilt sounds like its something to look forward to, might bring some high definition dreams.
Its been many moons since I dreamt in colour, the majority seems to be in black and white.

I take it moose doesn't taste like chicken ?

G

Nothingness, zero does not exist then.

I would really like to walk in your shoes for 48hrs moose and share your feelings.
Your heart is nicely placed.

The quilt sounds like its something to look forward to, might bring some high definition dreams.
Its been many moons since I dreamt in colour, the majority seems to be in black and white.

I take it moose doesn't taste like chicken ?

No, moose has its own flavor. Once you become accustomed to it, and develop a liking for it, it can become like most comfort foods; the flavor is immediately recognizable, and with it comes the decades of memories of that accompany it.

There have been times in the past that we didn't have moose, that I craved the flavor, even of just a ground burger of the stuff.

Yes, this quilt is particularly vibrant in its design/color and fabric scheme. She had recently sent a smaller version of a similar design to her father, to use as a lap warmer when sitting or reading.

I think when my wife's processing of stressors becomes overwhelming, she picks up crafts of one sort or another; lately quilting and some other items. Though she has quilted a fair amount in the past.

Re. an inventory of my mind, and the contents. I guess I'd say it's a relatively full range from rage to calmness, kindness to rejection and anger, fear and courage, selfishness to some amount of generosity, standoffishness to neediness, hard-wired to crave group membership, community and belonging, but then often saddened or dismayed by the reality of our propensities as a species.

I think in the end, I took what I understand of CG Jung to heart, as a part of my view of the world.

I believe that few to none of us is entirely corrupted, nor entirely innocent and altruistic in our living. I believe that, to different degrees, we are all, good, bad, ugly, beautiful, etc.

Sometimes what I know, and what I want to believe, can conflict with each other..

I believe that to one degree or another, we are all sometimes hypocritical or, to be more kind, inconsistent in our stated beliefs and our actions.

And I tend to perseverate on some things of significant emotional value to me, persons, critters and places. I can drive persons near me bonkers with my attention to detail and fixation on what ever stressors at times. Compulsively glued to things that are causing me troubles or concerns at that moment.

I've envisioned your abode and self a time or 2, as well, SX. You've typically seemed like a very decent sort.

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
picture.php

Slightly yellowed Sega Dreamcast and some games for it :):yes:

And yea I tried flipping and rotating the picture, nothing seems to help

:tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
No, moose has its own flavor. Once you become accustomed to it, and develop a liking for it, it can become like most comfort foods; the flavor is immediately recognizable, and with it comes the decades of memories of that accompany it.

There have been times in the past that we didn't have moose, that I craved the flavor, even of just a ground burger of the stuff.

Yes, this quilt is particularly vibrant in its design/color and fabric scheme. She had recently sent a smaller version of a similar design to her father, to use as a lap warmer when sitting or reading.

I think when my wife's processing of stressors becomes overwhelming, she picks up crafts of one sort or another; lately quilting and some other items. Though she has quilted a fair amount in the past.

Re. an inventory of my mind, and the contents. I guess I'd say it's a relatively full range from rage to calmness, kindness to rejection and anger, fear and courage, selfishness to some amount of generosity, standoffishness to neediness, hard-wired to crave group membership, community and belonging, but then often saddened or dismayed by the reality of our propensities as a species.

I think in the end, I took what I understand of CG Jung to heart, as a part of my view of the world.

I believe that few to none of us is entirely corrupted, nor entirely innocent and altruistic in our living. I believe that, to different degrees, we are all, good, bad, ugly, beautiful, etc.

Sometimes what I know, and what I want to believe, can conflict with each other..

I believe that to one degree or another, we are all sometimes hypocritical or, to be more kind, inconsistent in our stated beliefs and our actions.

And I tend to perseverate on some things of significant emotional value to me, persons, critters and places. I can drive persons near me bonkers with my attention to detail and fixation on what ever stressors at times. Compulsively glued to things that are causing me troubles or concerns at that moment.

I've envisioned your abode and self a time or 2, as well, SX. You've typically seemed like a very decent sort.
I remember my 900# cow I harvested in NFLD cicrca '00. Although I gave some away to friends etc... we were eating moose for years LOL. I had a hard time adjusting to beef after that. Beef tasted rather bland.

Nice musings Moose. Stay safe man and Merry XMas :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts