What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do YOU think is under the ice in Antarctica?

pahut

Have been reading up on Antarctica and there's some really interesting and trippy things going on there. So much research and a the only treaty in the world that's never been broken. It's an amazing thing really.

I've heard the theory that before the poles shifted, it was land and there was a ancient civilization there. And with global warming and all that jazz, who knows what may turn up when some ice melts :biggrin:

So what do you think? Any sane or crazy ideas?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lord Lucan and Captain Nemo - have a very secret hide-a-way - a-round a-bout - that-a-way -

<as he's accused of spreading wild rumours>

*got to be something interesting - other than a bunch of rock and ice -

pahut

Hahaha good answers!!

If you look at Antartica and Chile on a satellite map, totally looks like they were once connected... I wonder if humans ever took some herb over and there's some old school genetics trapped under the ice waiting to be rediscovered haha

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Can't one of you lot just go there - and report back to us what you find? - you will need to be an advanced diver - and penguin lover - oh, and best wear one of them virus masks when romancing any penguins -

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Can't one of you lot just go there - and report back to us what you find?

Dad was there in 1955-'56...

There's lots and lots of rocks and frozen penguin poop under that ice...
and some of that poop is a million years old...

I wonder if it would make good guano for my pot garden?

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Latest posts