What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Round #3 Of My GL60 250hps GrowShow

well after harvesting my last crop i guess santa gave me a nice package of seeds for christmas, so i got some nice genetics to work with this round!.....Im running 4 ChemWreck Kush, 3 Sour Diesel, 2 SDog x Sour D, and 1 lonesome chem d x sour d x grape krush.....this run im using jungle growth organic soil and going to be using botanicare nutrients....and yes i know that one plant has burned tips and it will be a light feeder.......enough of my babbling heres the first pic to start it off.....

E

Encore

FIRSTIES!!!
I also am running a GL60 250W grow...Got my chair pulled up for the show..

Peace Out & Happy Holidays!!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
What's up bud? Sounds like you have some killer crosses. It's good to keep bomb genetics all organic. At least the mothers. I can't wait to see how it goes. I have recently bought a 250w HPS magnetic ballast for like 15 bucks. I was curious how it stacks up to a 150. Have you run the 250w a while? How's your heat? How do you cool? Good luck on the grow, I'll be watching.

@ aeroman ive been using a 250 for a while but then i took a long break untill i got this setup ..heat is 76-81f lights on(i can get it to 73-75f but plants dont like it as much) and i use a homemade cooltube to keep the light real close....

and everyone else ty for joining in ill probly post weekly updates....as thats when most change is seen week by week :)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
What are you using for a fan. Ghost was skating by with 75 c.f.m. PC fans! Not to mention pulling 7 oz. per run. I thought it would be too hot for those.

using a 145ish cfm dayton style blower i got from a vending machine chiller unit.....and a fan to move air around inside the tent

heres a pic 3 days later....man this soil is too fucking hot for new seedlings but they get healthy after they grow alittle....but i hate seeing them yellow so every watering i just water like im going for a flush....

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Yeah, that sucks, I've definitely cooked a few seedlings in my day. It's good that they're coming back though:) They look good buddy, keep me posted on the progress, as I'm really interested in the 250.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
SOUND GOOD MAN, I'M A FAN OF 250W AND SMALL CAB LIKE YOU HAVE, THE GENETIC SOUND A BOOMB, CAN'T WAIT MAN, I'LL BE WATCHING THE PROGRESS FO SU!!!

thanks for the kind words....this week i transplanted the smallest chem wrecks into less fertile soil as there the ones who took the soil the worst...they are recovering though...i feel like a bad father for letting em get like that but i thought they could handle the soil....ah well we all make mistakes!.....anyways heres another pic

oh yeah there getting the vigorous growth now every day i can see em grow more....just the ones that didnt like the soil mix are alittle slow but shit happens oh well i learned my lesson...first time i ever nute burned seedlings

EDIT: after talking with jiggywhompus on chat i came to the conclusion this jungle growth organic soil is too chunky with bark and twigs and dont hold moisture worth a fuck....so im transplanting bigger plants into a different soil mix with no so much composted forest products....so note to everyone who reads jungle growth organic soil from lowes sucks asshole!.....ah well we learn shit every day

well time for a update...plants are doing really good...last night i switched over to the 250 as the plants looked ready for more light.....i hate my camera it cant pick up leaf color right under bright lighting even with white balance set and exposure settings set low....i need a better camera....ah well heres the pic.

bird

nice little grow ya got goin man
i need to get a light, kinda gettin tired of not be able to grow in the winter

Latest posts

Latest posts