What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250W GL60 GROW

E

Encore

This is my first grow in 4 years, Im using a GrowLab60 tent, Galaxy 250w ballast, "Sunsystem Super Sun" aircooled hood, 171cfm Valueline inline, 200cfm PhreshAir carbon filter,

Im growing in FFOF,FFLW,FFO mixed 1/1 with pearllite added
Growing SensiSeeds Black Domina, f2's i made years ago and GHS TrainWreck S1's.

This grow is going so-so, so far. Had what appeared to be ph troubles early on, i've since started using distilled water. Also seemed to have trouble due to very low humidity 30%,went out and picked up a humidifier got it up to 40% now, also raised the light as one of the TW looked stressed due to heat. My hood has the Glass in it, but i had em 4inch's from the light they are now 12inch's away. (thought it would be a good idea to back the light off until i get em healthy and happy) then i'll put em around 6inch's away..

TEMP stays 10deg above ambient - 80-82deg's
My fan is set at 50% power using a speed controler (I didnt want to hear the fan at night while trying to sleep) I originally was using a 4x12 Odersok, that thing was junk, My BD's are reeking of skunk roadkill, the TW dont smell at all.. (yet)!

Here they are @ day13 veg

If any of you have some input as to how i can improve my odds of a successful grow, feel free to chime in..
More updates soon..

(Edit) They were also root bound, so i did a quick transplant into 1 gal pot's

Peace Out & Happy Holidays!!

Last edited:

GoozMan

Looking good. I have a similar setup on my balcony in dwc. I just put clones in and my light is at it's highest position until they adjust. Happy growing.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks as tho you have it all managed. I have dr60 tent, same size as you, and same filter, completely stops odors.

I might switch to hps in future as yields with LED and flouro have been light so far.

E

Encore

Thanks for stopping by guys, I wasn't going to post this grow at first, due to it being so long since my last, and I'm just a tad rusty at this, also I'm using all new equipment..

Goozman - I checked out your last harvest, nicely done!!

yesum - I agree (so far) that the PhreshAir filter is neutralizing the smell
IME the stink from BD is tough to contain. Hopefully i will be happy with the new filter
in the long run, it's definitely better than that joke of a carbon scrubber OdorSok.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
nice set up, great choice of reflector/filter for that tent you should smoke it up. I bet even with some stumbles it will be a fine 1st grow in this set up. only use I have found for an odor sok is in combo with a reg filter on stickier strains. even then it may just be my imagination thats its doing anything. good luck on grow.

E

Encore

stonedar - Thats a good idea about doubling up on the fliters ( thought never occured to me ) Thankyou for the kind words & well wish's on my little grow..

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
should be a serious one man, great setup and genetic , i'm a fan of small cab and small light..
can't wait for new updates bro, i'm tuned!!

E

Encore

Update!!

Hello again!! Things have been going pretty well so far.
Oh yeah, ( the pics from day13 of veg are actually in .5gal pots - not 1gal, sorry for the misinformation ).

Anyways... Hit em with a shot of bat guano 3days ago, they seem to be happy.
Also i gave em a haircut,,( i usually dont do this, but i said what the hell )

I also transplanted them into 2gal pots a few hours ago, they will go to term in these. I will allow them to veg 1 more week, then flip em..

Killerweed31 - Thank you for the kind words, Glad to have you aboard dood!!

Welp.. Here they are!!
Day21 VEG. Black Dominas on the left, TrainWrecks the right..

E

Encore

Update!!

Things in the garden are going to plan so far, ended up with just 1 BD female (which is probably a good thing, seeing im working with 4sqft)

I've since went from 2gal pots to 3gal which was a PITA due to there not much difference in the diameter of the two.
I decided to do this due to the fact i only have 3 females, opposed to 4.

The BD is reeking of the foulest smelling Skunk, dont know if i have a bad filter or not, bought it 2 weeks ago, i have checked all my fittings every thing is air tight.
(So i know the air isn't bypassing the filter).. Air is venting into the same room..
I have fired up my ozone generator, but i hate doing that... Got it running 5mins every 4 hours..

So in total i have 2 TW's & 1 BD.

Anyway here they are
Day 28 Veg/ Day 2 of the flip..

Train Wrecks in back, Black Domina up front.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
very short n' fat plants mate , now you change timer sure in flower they start more fat as hell after 28 day vegetative , very great plan you do..looking forward for more updates keep it up man!!

E

Encore

Update!!

Hello.. So, things are going pretty well so far. I've had to give em a fairly aggressive haircut, due to the tight quarters and the fact a 250 only penetrates so far, but they seem to be recovering just fine.

One of the TW's didn't take to well being topped, no biggie though. Just don't have a uniform canopy is all. I have put said TW in the corner furthest from the sweet spot in hopes it will stretch for the light some.

I have also been feeding Veg guano hoping to keep em short, as long as possible, next week i will begin to feed bloom guano..

I'm calling this day 1 of flower.. So far they are 38 days from seed..

Thanks for taking a look all..
More updates to follow..

E

Encore

Update!!

It's that time again. Hope Santa came through for everyone this year, if not theres always next year..

So.. I came home after a few days outta town & what do i find when i check in on the lil lady's? Bone dry plant's.. So much so that they began to feed upon themselves, not too badly.. just enough to get my full attention. So i quickly watered em and noticed a few branch's had shot past the canopy.. (Now... i told myself i wouldn't be doing any LST this go around, but alas i had too..) -- (In the past i would spend hrs loving my girls, so much so, that i would neglect whats most important to me) - the Wife.. As you might expect i'm not trying to repeat history there..

Moving on.. As some may remember i mentioned that one of the TW's didn't take to topping too well.. Well it is now IMO my best plant this go around, still has a couple slow poke branch's but, is coming along quite nicely - most bud site's and what not. (Would be the perfect candidate for a SCROG run.) On the other had my lone BD that has proven it's self worthy in the past, is a little slow to get started. Hopefully it will respond to the extra TLC i have in store for it..

(I have some ol'skool BR-61 bloom booster 9-58-8 npk, this stuff is no joke.. I will ease into her with this and see what shakes loose). Now i wont be so forceful with the TW's they will continue receiving the bloom guano which is 1-10-0.2 npk.. For a while longer anyway but, if they give me the least bit of grief, i will put the smack down upon them too!!

Questions, comments & concerns are all welcome..
Here they are day 12 of flower - 50 days from seed.

Huggie bear

Where did you come across that air cooled hood in that configuration or did you modify it some? I have not come across those, only the end mounted ones increasing the overall length of the light?

E

Encore

Where did you come across that air cooled hood in that configuration or did you modify it some? I have not come across those, only the end mounted ones increasing the overall length of the light?

Huggie bear - http://www.growwurks.com/grow-light-reflectors.aspx Looks like i again spewed misinformation, i actually have a "Sun System Super Sun" NOT Sun II.
They currently have a internet sale going on.. Hope this helps (",)