What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowering week 7th...when ready?

MateAndor

Hello guys. This is my first try (i found the seed) and this is 7th week of flowering. What think, when she ready to harvest?

when I grow most shit I take it 9 weeks minimum regardless of what the breeder specifies. then after I set a base for comparison ill try cutting it a week early or later to see if it improves or diminishes the effect. so id say 9 weeks then cut but that's just me.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It looks to have a few weeks left. I would give the plant plain water from here on out. Looks to be overfed.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Get a scope or loup, you can pick up a cheap one from radio shack that does 60-100x magnification.

What's worked for me for 10+ years is to check the number of amber trichomes on the flowers, not the sugar leaves. Count the number of amber trichomes you see in 20 trichomes. Check a couple different spots to get an average number.

One amber trichome in 20 is 5% amber. 2 is 10% and 3 is 15% amber. Less than 5% and the effects of the cannabis don't last as long, which can be as little as 30 minutes. Over 15% and (in my experience) the cannabis begins to be 'sleepy' and narcotic, which is something I'm only very occasionally interested in. (like when I'm sick and want to sleep till I'm better.)

Between 5 and 15% amber, you'll generally find a sweet spot for your particular strain or pheno. You'll notice the terpene and cannabinoid production is fully developed and the flowers are what I'd consider 'ripe.' :)

Get a scope or loup, you can pick up a cheap one from radio shack that does 60-100x magnification.

What's worked for me for 10+ years is to check the number of amber trichomes on the flowers, not the sugar leaves. Count the number of amber trichomes you see in 20 trichomes. Check a couple different spots to get an average number.

One amber trichome in 20 is 5% amber. 2 is 10% and 3 is 15% amber. Less than 5% and the effects of the cannabis don't last as long, which can be as little as 30 minutes. Over 15% and (in my experience) the cannabis begins to be 'sleepy' and narcotic, which is something I'm only very occasionally interested in. (like when I'm sick and want to sleep till I'm better.)

Between 5 and 15% amber, you'll generally find a sweet spot for your particular strain or pheno. You'll notice the terpene and cannabinoid production is fully developed and the flowers are what I'd consider 'ripe.' :)

Great response man , that’s the kind of answers that really help new people like myself. Thanks

Sport Farmer

Veteran
I say let it go. It's still pushing out flowers and will swell up significantly in the next couple weeks... Doesn't looked swelled up to me yet. I would probably just take it to 10 weeks as that's really when most strains get nice and swollen, especially from seed. You could pull it at 9 weeks and probably be ok, but you will get that extra weight and boost in flavor if you wait it out. :)