What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How long until harvest? i think couple of weeks, but not sure [photos]

Hello, this is my Critical Auto, born on 23 march and grown on a terrace.
How long do you think i need to wait until harvest? Maybe a couple of weeks?
I don't know if i should keep feeding it or stop now, to let it be fertilizer-free when it's time to harvest.
thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i forgot: i gave it less fertilizer then the producer suggests, and the large leaves in the bottom half are yellow already.
this means the plant won't take long before it finishes "eating" the supply of fertilizer it has in the leaves, right?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
As my plants mature to flower, and after I drop N, I pull
the big fan leaves as they have no use to the plants at
this time.

Coco hempy.

If you in soil back off nutes and let the plants do the rest
of the work.

Looks tasty.

Easy7

Veteran
Depends if you like it sleepy or stoney. If so 30% amber.

Looks like a good high without being to short of up right now. I find some amber gives some staying power.

thanks for the tips, guys! i gave it a last small quantity of fertilizers today (1ml N, 2ml P, 3ml K), in a couple of days i'll flush it and then i'll give it only water until it's ready. i prefer it more "high" then "stoned", so i'll wait until the trichs start to get amber, but not too many, right?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think the rule of thumb is 20% amber trichs. So count random 10 and if 2 of them are amber that's good. Highly recommend one of those USB scopes as well, a jewlers loupe is usable, but they have very tiny focus areas and can be a pain to get used to.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
NP bro! And thanks! I've used it ever since the Goldeneye mod for Half Life 1. Default name was Agent 007, I changed it to Agent Pothead and here we are.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I think the rule of thumb is 20% amber trichs. So count random 10 and if 2 of them are amber that's good. Highly recommend one of those USB scopes as well, a jewlers loupe is usable, but they have very tiny focus areas and can be a pain to get used to.
Perhaps I'm more sensitive, but I've found 15% to be about the max amber I want. I have zero interest in sleepy cannabis. :) Depending on the strain, somewhere between 5% and 15% is what I shoot for.

Count 20 trichomes on a few different spots on the flowers themselves. Not the sugar leaves, which will have a higher amber percentage.

1 amber in 20 is 5%, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%.
:tiphat:

thanks! i could make an experiment: harvest some parts of the plant earlier and other later, see which i prefer and remember it for the next plant :D

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
thanks! i could make an experiment: harvest some parts of the plant earlier and other later, see which i prefer and remember it for the next plant :D
That's the proper way to do it. Everything is personal preference. The way you like your high isn't the same way I like my high isn't the same way he likes his high.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Indeed, I recommend chopping at 5, 10 and 15 percent amber with any new plant. This will give you the flowering time for it under the current conditions. Keep in mind there are environmental variables which can change this time, pay attention when your flowering environment changes. :)