What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myth, Legend, and Lore: Fact or Fiction?

R

Rubber Chicken

Some people say never trim fan leaves.... but i have noticed that if you trim a fan leaf covering a bud site, the uncovered bud site generally does better than the opposed covered one.

You are wrong about this but understandably so, They carefully crafted this propaganda illusion and the following points make it believable.
The only illusion is the one you are promoting - that cannabis is totally harmless and has no causal effect in mental illness. THC is a psychoactive drug and it's abuse can have negative consequences, especially for young developing minds.

Bumbatar

The only illusion is the one you are promoting - that cannabis is totally harmless and has no causal effect in mental illness. THC is a psychoactive drug and it's abuse can have negative consequences, especially for young developing minds.

Well I just provided verifiable facts showing you the government is lying to you. Caffeine is a psychotropic drug to but just because something is psychoactive dose not mean it makes you lose your mind then go kill babies and commit acts of terrorism like the UK government says. The American and British government both deliberately lied to start a war in the Middle East that killed over a million people and counting, do you think their moral compass is going to stop them from lying after they get some of that hot wet stinky GW Pharma cash??? Im kind of depressed it is 2018 and we are still debating reefer madness propaganda from the 1930's this stuff was known to be lies in America back in the 1960's because governments lie about stuff to control people that's what they do.

R

Rubber Chicken

Well I just provided verifiable facts showing you the government is lying to you. Caffeine is a psychotropic drug to but just because something is psychoactive dose not mean it makes you lose your mind then go kill babies and commit acts of terrorism like the UK government says. The American and British government both deliberately lied to start a war in the Middle East that killed over a million people and counting, do you think their moral compass is going to stop them from lying after they get some of that hot wet stinky GW Pharma cash??? Im kind of depressed it is 2018 and we are still debating reefer madness propaganda from the 1930's this stuff was known to be lies in America back in the 1960's because governments lie about stuff to control people that's what they do.

I'm going to have to agree with Natural High, and it is nothing that i learned from 'news' or read or heard somewhere...

It takes a combination of things to bring psychosis to the surface and cannabis CAN indeed be one ingredient in that combination.

Does it mean cannabis is the sole cause, of course not, it does have many benefits indeed but it can bring on unwanted consequences/symptoms to some individuals.

I witnessed it with one of my closest friends, and have had some extended periods in my life where it REALLY didn't mix well with me.

Also, psychosis does not mean harming other people or becoming violent either.

Whether or not you accept it is another story.

insomniac_AU

I'm certainly not disputing the fact it can be a trigger in vulnerable people in much the same way running a marathon in hot weather is a trigger for heart attacks in people with heart conditions.

My grief is with the inference by governments that it can cause it in anyone which I'm sorry but you'll never convince me is true.

R

Rubber Chicken

I'm certainly not disputing the fact it can be a trigger in vulnerable people in much the same way running a marathon in hot weather is a trigger for heart attacks in people with heart conditions.

My grief is with the inference by governments that it can cause it in anyone which I'm sorry but you'll never convince me is true.

I wouldn't try to, i agree with you.

Bumbatar

I'm going to have to agree with Natural High, and it is nothing that i learned from 'news' or read or heard somewhere...

It takes a combination of things to bring psychosis to the surface and cannabis CAN indeed be one ingredient in that combination.

Does it mean cannabis is the sole cause, of course not, it does have many benefits indeed but it can bring on unwanted consequences/symptoms to some individuals.

I witnessed it with one of my closest friends, and have had some extended periods in my life where it REALLY didn't mix well with me.

Also, psychosis does not mean harming other people or becoming violent either.

Whether or not you accept it is another story.

If cannabis caused psychosis then you would see rates of schizophrenia increase as the use of cannabis increases but this has not been the case. Schizophrenics account for around 1% of the population before and after the 1960's and even after indoor growing and skunk got popular in the late 80's. the people you speak of already had a pre existing condition to begin with. If it had actually caused the condition rates of schizophrenia would go up as cannabis use goes up but schizophrenia has remained stable at 1% of the population.

If you dont believe me then take the word of Professor Nutt and the doctors from Harvard medical school in the video below they do a nice job of explaining these lies the government and pharmaceutical companies push. I can post a bunch of medical studies backing this up but the video sums it up nicely and efficiently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCggeEoNGCQ

Also here is another example of the pharmaceutical industry's truth telling skills the 1996 classic where they say the super powered opiate Oxycontin has a "low risk of addiction!!"

Pharma commercial 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-_v7_i0Hc

Pharma commercial 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er78Dj5hyeI

It has been proven the 1% rate of addiction was deliberately falsified with doctored and flawed studies just like the doctored and flawed studies that say cannabis makes you insane. But if you don't believe me than don't, I mean after all the only thing I have on my side is scientific facts evidence and verifiable history of the pharmaceutical companies and governments lying and completely fabricating lies out of whole cloth, ya know stuff everyone can just easily brush off and completely ignore.

R

Rubber Chicken

Maybe you paid more attention to what the government said about drugs, but i did not, i am going by my personal life experience.

Psychosis and schizophrenia are not necessarily one and the same.

xet

This is a perfect example of believing what you want to believe. I know it can cause psychosis because it happened to me. I also know a young man in his early twenties who has just had to quit because he has developed psychosis from heavy cannabis use. Another friend developed Schizophrenia 30 years ago, brought on by cannabis use, and he still has it to this day.

I was not surprised to discover this Big Pharma advert considering the amount of skillful PR trolling Canna forums with pure deception promoting ReeferMadness while also genuflecting as a fan of Canna.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
You are wrong about this but understandably so, They carefully crafted this propaganda illusion and the following points make it believable.

1) They deliberately mix up a symptom of psychosis with a cause. Drug use is a symptom of mental illness not a cause just like alcohol use is a symptom of PTSD. Nobody looks at war veterans and says vodka gave them PTSD just because they drink it a lot. A rooster singing dose not make the sun come up.

1) Schizophrenia develops in late teens and early adulthood, its rare for people to develop it before that. So you have a bunch of people saying they smoked in their teens then developed schizophrenia later on and they think they are living proof when they would have become schizophrenic anyway.

3) They deliberately mix up and confuse anxiety and paranoia for psychosis. Saying cannabis makes you schizophrenic is like saying its been proven hot peppers set your mouth on fire because they burn your mouth or alcohol gives you the fighting skills of Bruce Lee because you feel fearless and confident before a fight when you are drunk.

There is a vid on YouTube if you just search "Culture High Schizophrenia" that has doctors and scientists debunking this myth. Even saying it happens to vulnerable people has been dis proven because schizophrenic psychosis has remained at only 1% of the population while high potency cannabis use has skyrocketed since the late 80's. A number of studies have dis proven this myth but U.K media dose not talk about them.

Modern reefer madness in the UK is very interesting because its rare in other countries but it is nothing more than the corporate media and UK government protecting the profits of pharmaceutical companies in exchange for lobbyist money. It should be debunked because it is actually getting dangerous. I have seen entertainment media from the U.K. actually glamorizing and glorifying violence against cannabis smokers and dealers. If someone develops schizophrenia and just so happens to smoke cannabis by coincidence a relative or loved one may actually end up murdering their dealer or smoking buddy because they have been brainwashed into thinking cannabis caused it.

The British reefer madness is so wacky now I almost started a thread on the stuff you see in the media.

G `day Bum

One point of difference between hybrid cannabis and import hash .
The old school hashish had CBD ...
Was there an element that wanted the hash trade protected from home grown herb ? Profits ???

Dr David Nut said more people die from riding horses than from taking ecstasy . Did they ban horses ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Was thinking the same thing. Someone years ago told me a variation on that where you add sugar to the boiling water to make it taste sweeter.

G `day I

Yep that myth made it to Australia too .
Along with burying harvested herb makes it stronger ...

Thank goodness for Mel frank , Ed Rosenthal and RC Clarke .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I was not surprised to discover this Big Pharma advert considering the amount of skillful PR trolling Canna forums with pure deception promoting ReeferMadness while also genuflecting as a fan of Canna.
WTF are you on about? This reefer madness you keep referring to is an English thing right? Do you have it yourself? Well I'm down under and we aren't that backward down here.. :)