What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It's still cold as hell here, but when I look outside, I see spring try to break winter's spell. Sun stays up longer and we're getting the occasional +4c day.

Adding another table and starting my shopping early :)
picture.php

Hoypare.

It's still cold as hell here, but when I look outside, I see spring try to break winter's spell. Sun stays up longer and we're getting the occasional +4c day.

Adding another table and starting my shopping early :)
View Image

It is still cold there mate,couldnt believe the snowfall you had two weeks ago,killer :tiphat: whats your plans this season?I might be there for a couple of weeks in the summer :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yeah... Lots of snow this year. I convinced someone to get a snowmobile this year and he parked it in his shed. We had a thaw and yards flooded, then it froze again. After the heavy snow he went to take it out and found it frozen in 4 inches of solid ice!! lol. What kind of Canadian parks a snowmobile on the ground? :D

This year? Once bitten, twice shy. Triple the plants, and after last year's clusterfuck you can be sure I'll be caging them! lol. I'm putting lots autos and semi autos out. Still looking for a couple good photos but I have to move my ass on that one.

Hit me up if you do come over.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I don't know a lot about them. All I know comes from mine.

Semi-autos (aka Super-Autos) don't rely on light (darkness actually) for flowering and can rival photos in size. It flowers regardless and tends to flower the whole summer. At least mine do. They started flowering at 4 weeks and just kept going until September when I harvested them.

I had some late starts (planted July 1st) hit 12 feet tall in corn. Most were 8-10' with giant colas. As packed as they were, I only found about 1/2oz of mold, and that was on a branch that was sitting on the ground.

1.5 liter bottle. Notice the Hockey stick I used as a stake in first pic. One seed plant gave me 12,000 seeds. :dance013:
picture.php

2 plants. Notice the wheel barrow below it for size comparison.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looks like its getting time gentlemen.......i done so many things wrong, plus all the rain. Im still pretty happy and come out ok....still smoking lol on last summers stuff. I learned so much from the things about the sun and its angles and everything were im growing, I think tycho posted it along with alot of stuff thats helpful. Id like to try to have a GOOD outdoor season, ive always got the illegal thing in my mind and im way to busted up to lay on cement in jail. But im gonna get into something just gotta be careful.

Tycho im getting my supplies together also.....but damn you got a tractor load of everything!! looks like its gonna be a big yr friend.

Hoypare...I got a bunch of realgorillaseeds last yr from panikz that i got in late june. I didnt plant that many of them last summer and plan to sprout them this yr. I thought i saw you growing some of those realgorillaseeds strains last yr?? What i grew of them turned out to be some nice plants

Hoypare.

Hoypare...I got a bunch of realgorillaseeds last yr from panikz that i got in late june. I didnt plant that many of them last summer and plan to sprout them this yr. I thought i saw you growing some of those realgorillaseeds strains last yr?? What i grew of them turned out to be some nice plants

I had a great time with RGSC autos last season mate,increasing numbers this year :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Liquid manure?

Yeah. Manure piles are passe. The stuff is collected in a tank under the cattle and pumped to a concrete holding lagoon outside. It's either pumped into a large tanker and sprayed on fields, or sprayed on fields with a very large hose (way bigger than a fire hose) directly from the lagoon. A hose can be 1/2 mile long.

marmarb

Yay I made it through the entire thread 1st congrats on the harvest. Now to the meat and potatoes

1.Which strains from rgsc were you growing ?

2. I have a smaller auger like you would it be better to get a bigger 1 man gas powered auger?

3.Howd you feel about the gg4 outdoors I'm at 40n and would like to harvest by 1st week of October?

Thanks in advance

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks.

I already had a lot of seeds, had someone lay some on me and I had ordered gg4 from Nirvana (Original Glue) so I didn't order anymore.

Original Glue (GG4) grew very very well outdoor and I'm much further north than you. She loves to eat so it's hard to over feed her. At harvest time, if I have lots I'll just take the weight and abandon the small stuff so I can get everything in. I had a few plants that still had popcorn so I went back after a few hard frosts (november) and the buds were picture perfect. So she shines in the cold and tried hard to reproduce via Rodelization (female pollen was collected!).
picture.php

Way way too much work with a gas powered auger. I converted an ice auger to use on my drill. It makes super nice holes, but holy molly, is it ever a lot of work. Heavy too. I was dead after the first 50 holes (I'm moving in high gear when I'm working. In and Out. Like a rabbit).
picture.php

picture.php

Now this 3 1/2 inch gun isn't as impressive looking, but is super light, digs 2-3 times faster, batteries last at least twice as long and would be a very effective zombie killing tool. I can dig holes all day with this puppy.
picture.php

The hole on the left represents the bigger auger and takes about 10 seconds to dig. The smaller 5 hole pattern is with the smaller auger and also takes 10 seconds. If I have time I'll move the auger on an angle and in a circle when I'm underground so the hole is bigger below the surface. Better hole, less work.
picture.php

So go for the small auger.
Tip: Dig the center hole last and instead of pulling the dirt out, reverse the drill and back out to keep the some of the soil in the hole.

Some spots have huge areas of nettles or raspberry patches. The soil ph is about 6.5 there and the soil is loose enough to dig into the ground with your hand. I only drill one hole about 10" deep with the small auger in those spots. Just big enough for my pots. Another upside is that weeds and grasses get choked out by the bushes so you don't have to worry about weeds overtaking your plants before they start growing hard. One important thing to remember is, if nothing is growing there, your plants won't either. I found a couple spots I thought would be great with very little weeds growing. I thought if I add ferts they'd be good with no competition. It was deadly and plants only grew a couple feet high with a couple oz of bud.

Last year I dug my holes about May 1st, dropped a cup of amendments in and around each hole, then planted mid May to June 1st. This year I'm moving in with a string trimmer with a bush hog blade, clearing the plot, and spreading my ferts in the plot instead of in the holes (let rain do it's thing). Chicken wire and bamboo stakes for cages was dropped off this winter with a snowmobile. I'll drill my holes when I plant, and give them a good initial watering.

I'll put a light mix of seedling starter, water crystals, oatmeal, turbinado sugar (raw sugar), with Stim-Root and Mycorrhizae in the holes. (proportions are in the order they appear. heavy on the seedling starter.)

RealGorillaSeeds are proven in the field. If they perform in the UK, you can be sure they'll work for you at your Lat.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I had a great time with RGSC autos last season mate,increasing numbers this year :tiphat:

Yeah I was amazed how well all the Realgorillaseeds strains did. I didn't get started until late-mid June and still got decent sized plants. I just put most in 5gal buckets but had a few in the ground.

Tycho is that huge bud/top from those GG4??? Damn that things got alot of meat on her lol wow, :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Not really. I was picking popcorn when I saw it and took a picture. That was a tiny bottom side branch. It was a little bigger than a nickle. The size of the pollen sacs gives you a good hint.