What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Better strain for vertical gorilla glue or death star

borntoinsulate

Hi All
Getting ready to go vertical for the first time and I'm totally stoked. I just saw a run of gorilla glue and death star and have clones from them. They were done horizontally. The gorilla glue is bedtime weed and the death star was more energetic. Both were killer.
The gorilla glue was taller and the death star was shorter and more compact. I would say the gorilla glue was more suited for vertical growing. But the death star totally smoked the gorilla glue weight wise.
I only have 8 spots in my garden. I'm leaning towards 8 death star and 0 gorilla glue. I like the variety of 2 killer strains but I'm going for weight. It just seems like a crime to let the gorilla glue go lol.
Can a shorter compact indica strain do well in a vertical situation? Anyone have experience with either strain on a vertical setup?
Thanks in advance
Will

digging

I am very interested in the results you will get with the glue in a vertical lighting format.

What wattage bulbs will you be hanging vertically, and how many bulbs around each glue tree ?

borntoinsulate

Hi
Im using 315 cmh bulbs. I haven't determined the number of bulbs yet. Hopefully 4. Gonna do vertical scrog screens behind 5 gallon hempy buckets. I have tall ceilings. Plant count hasnt been determined yet.

Bmac1

Veteran
Ive not grown deathstar but the vigor and branching of the glue makes her a prime candidate.

borntoinsulate

Hey Bmac
I just saw a run off deathstar and the glue side by side. Thats where i got my clones. The only problem is the death star smoked the glue weight wise. The death star averaged 3 zips per plant and the glue averaged 2 zips per plant. The glue was weak and fell over and definitely needed staking. Also the buds on the glue was loose and sort of foxtaialed. Both were top shelf smoke for sure. Maybe I'll end up doing 75% ds and 25% glue??