What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
In the spirit of thinking that if you grow pot it is cheaper than therapy and plus you get weed ~ it was suggested by NYUrbanFarmer that we have a contest for newby growers to get them involved and show us some of us old-timers some new ideas!

Therefor I am announcing the opening of the International Cannagraphic's

First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest
It's as simple as this:

Go to your profile and select my strains, click grow reports and choose new report.
Fill out the grow report and submit it so it can be approved.
Create a new thread in grow diaries forum with a link to your thread
and then continue your thread in the diaries forum.

The rules:

Any NEW grower that chronicles his grow of a particular strain with a detailed Grow Diary and posts a detailed Grow Report by September 30th will eligible for consideration as Summer Bud Contest winner.

Note: NEW Grower means anyone who starts this contest with under 300 posts...
smile.gif

This brilliant idea was cooked up by the folks in the American Growers Social Club and NYUrbanFarmer here on ICMag.com.

The prizes are beans kindly donated by BushyOldGrower (BOG Seeds), MedMan and SeedBay.

The grow should be well documented with photos from each stage of growth. While some may not yet be finished with their grow by the deadline, you may still be considered for voting if you have detailed your grow with at least weekly posting with photos of the grow in progress.

Harvested pics should be included if available, and of the final product if cured in time for the deadline.

Voting for the contest will begin October 1st, 2014 and close Wednesday, October 15th at midnite.

Voters will be asked to judge the following items to determine the winners:

The quality of the information in the Grow Diary.
The frequency and presentation of updates (weekly updates?).
The quality of photographs and or videos.
The design setup explained, details can make for a really great thread.
Unique setup and design.
The amount of interest in the grow.
Strain review.
Smoke report.
Answers to questions in the thread.
The end result, the quality of the harvest.

These are the criteria to be used to judge the contest. So it's NOT JUST THE END RESULT, nor is it based solely upon how the plants look, how big they are, or how well they smoke. It's about how well the grower did documenting the grow and other factors like innovation or responding to questions.

Also please note that grows can be from seed or clone or virgin birth, they can be grown indoors, outdoors, on your porch, on your yacht, houseboat, or even in your orbiting space craft.

AND if you decide to enter this as a group effort, that is okay also! But you all have to be newbies :)

Have fun!

Thanks again to Clarence at SeedBay, BushyOldGrower, and MedMan for providing the prizes! But mostly thank you to NYUrbanFarmer and his American Grower's Social Club for suggesting this contest!
:dance013:
picture.php

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
warms me heart too see this begin.... blessed we are to share this place... and the reality sinks in.... we are only as strong as our weakest link....so it ONLY makes since to help guide, and foster the next generation of growers... and this contest does that and more....

well done, well done~indeed

A Dream Come to Light......

A Dream Come to Light......

Payaso and everyone that has worked so hard to create this competition Thank you so much for helping my ideas and beliefs become a reality.

In Growing Cannabis we become truly Free!

Respectfully,

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

Snype

Veteran
Sounds like a great idea! I'm pretty sure I got less than 300 posts. Joking of course. I hope many people sign up. Good luck to you guys entering. Should be a fun time!

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

great idea for a contest and perfect timing too! I'm about to start a new round (3rd one for me) while harvesting my first harvest! I've been reading a lot about Brix and have just bought all the amendments for a high brix soil recipe i saw on a recent thread on icmag which needs a month to cook so in the meantime, I'm curious if i used the Earth Juice Hi Brix nutes with a peat/Roots Organics/light/barely any perlite mix, how would that compare? I like the whole just add water of the soil recipe since I'm pretty lazy about getting the tea brewed beforehand but after paying a shit ton for soil stuff today, the price of EJ is really affordable. Good Luck Fellow Newbs!!

Stick Around and Enjoy the Show

Stick Around and Enjoy the Show

Sounds like a great idea! I'm pretty sure I got less than 300 posts. Joking of course. I hope many people sign up. Good luck to you guys entering. Should be a fun time!

Hey Snype make sure you stick around to enjoy the show. I hoped this competition would bring together the New Growers with the Pros while providing entertainment.

Enjoy the Contest!

Great to hear!

Great to hear!

Guess its perfect timing for this noob to shock the world of icmag post 2 !!!!!
@Jaydawg I'm excited to see what you got for us! The world needs a good shocker! Good Luck!

Awesome! I want to play! :)

Here's my very first ever grow. I started it about 9 weeks ago, and just started posting about it a few days ago: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6404619#post6404619

God willing (if my finances hold true), I'll be adding a 5x9 tent for flowering next month and converting my 5x5 flower tent into a veg chamber, as I shift into a perpetual style grow. So exciting!
Albert submit a grow report and start a grow diary. Great to see everyone rising to the challenge. Good luck and enjoy the contest!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Good luck to all users that will enter this competition! Hope the contest will go great and we'll have more in the future, too!

Jay1Dawg

Thanks NY . To all vets pointers and tips greatly appreciated feel like ive been reading most of yalls posts anyways but positive there is things of missed even though I feel like ive read a encyclopedia of icmag. Thanks again.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice idea! It should be a regular contest imho, so the new users are always encouraged to make nice reports of their grow, wich is really interesting for everyone to read.

:wave:

Ready to play than.. even if.. my harvest will be not ready at the dead line..because I count to see the end in the middle of october :tiphat: