What's new

No-till SOG

Jay121

Does anybody have any experience in doing a SOG in a no-till environment? I am currently vegging some mothers I got from a friend and looking to make some cuttings by the end of December. I currently have a space that's 12x12x6.5 so height is pretty limited so I'm looking into SOG style growing.

My questions are;

1) What do you think would be best for containers? I was thinking two rows of 4x8x1 raised beds or rows of 7 gallon smart pots/geo pots.

2) If going the bed route, how would I incorporate drainage? I plan on growing out in the workshop and it has a wooden floor so I'm afraid of mold/mildew growing underneath the beds. 2a) Would mold/mildew grow underneath the beds?

3) I would like to do a perpetual harvest, once every two weeks if possible. Does anybody have any advice on that front? I was thinking of filling one row of containers(1 bed or several smart pots) waiting two weeks and then filling the other going straight to 12/12 after rooting the cuttings and continuing that cycle for 8 weeks. I'm assuming the smart pot route would be best for perpetual seeing as the beds would get filled in the first two weeks.

I'm sure I'll think of some other questions as time goes on so if/when they arise I'll repost them here. As for now I think that's about it. Anywhoo, thanks for reading and I would definitely appreciate any input that you would see fit.

P.S also not sure if I'm posting in the correct section if not I am sorry maybe a mod could move it to the correct one.

h.h.

Veteran
For perpetual, you pretty much need 2 rooms.
Smart pots might work the best, being easier to move.
For no till, I'd use the beds with a tray under them. Don't over water.

Starting out, I'd do 90 day wonders, harvesting the whole crop. That'll give you something to carry you through the next grow.
Extend your veg time with each concurrent grow and as your knowledge expands.

I think you'll find wasted space with SOG. Chose short varieties. Crop or super crop as necessary. Opinions will differ of course.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I did a floating horse shoe los shaped scrog for a few years

the design allowed me top group certain strains under specific lights so I could shut down to one light and finish longer plants with the other

the middle space wasn't scrogged because I needed to be able to get to the back of the room but it would have facilitated perpetual if i had a separate full fledged veg which I do not

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php