What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got some Regular seedlings, what do I do?

ChenBenTz

I have three regular seedlings, so statistically one of them at least has to be female.

The question is, how do I find out early enough so that it isn't affected by the male plants.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
You veg them for a month, take clones, root the clones then you flower either the clones or the original plants. Make sure which clone came from which plant.

If you flower the original plants then you keep the female clone and you use that as a mother plant.

Or you flower the clones while the original plants keep vegging and you let them grow bigger. Then you either switch them to a flowering regiment or take as many clones as you can, root them then flower those. More plants can get you a bigger harvest...:tiphat:

The answer above :dance013:

Dont worry about them showing sex yet, just get them healthy and happy in life. I remember my first popping of seeds, i was worried about that.
Then i found out the sexing was a 'later' part of the growth process. Maybe after a month or so after , if seedling under good conditions.
For me, i used the idea of 'more going on below than above ground' for first month. Then when they were established under the soil, they started to push lots of growth above ground. Get a happy root zone, then the above growth grows rapidly. Sex soon to follow...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No need to take clones.

By the time you can take clones, root them & grow them on a reduced light schedule... Your seed plants should already be showing their parts.

I typically see primordia forming around 4 to 6 weeks on just about everything I've grown. There have been a couple of exceptions with NLD varieties.

If you aren't planning on keeping the males you should have plenty of time to identify & remove them before they start dropping pollen.