What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Pineboy212

My man

We need to tag something,,,what's the best shit to tag????
@stoney917 Skunk Ape Sour
Just sprayed with preventatives🙏🏽🙏🏽🌱
C05CF11C-FF60-4E68-A80F-91746A25E412.jpeg
75448C39-1A2D-497F-820E-759FE42718A3.jpeg

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He sent me a red haze years back that arrived as mush,,,did anyone try it

I just gota say,,,loads of people have reached out to me today,, thank you to all the people who have good things to say about stoney,,,I feel for you too,,,get in touch if you want to feel a lil better,,

I'm wondering what's happening with his family now,,please god they don't take this too bad,,,I know I feel like shit but they must be completely devastated,, I'm so so sorry for your loss

Jimmyboyy77

RIP Stoney 🙏 He was a good dude always tried to help people out. Was talking to him couple weeks ago about cheese and was going to get it sent back to him from across the pond. Gone way to early but lives on 💯💯

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Hi bud, there's a clone in here doing the rounds right this minute in this thread that came from liverpool about a decade ago too, your cut came from liverpool at about a similar time didn't it?

Can't remember which cut now?
but someome mentioned liverpool in here not long ago, wonder if it's the same cut?

:ying:
blues / livers .... wasnt that cut supposed to come from them ends... blues/livers is a watered down version of sheff and exodus...

blues/livers is alot more chemical earthy dirty dank as in there is no fruit or floral its chemical....

if you smoked exo and sheff you will know the chemical taste i mean...

4kali

skotty
what's the back story on your Sheffield cut, the one you rate above all others. I've followed your posts for years and always wondered if its one of the same other cuts,or something totally different. have any of the other guys here grown her out and if so how do they compare her to the other well known skunky vars

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The weird thing is ,,,years ago I was shouting about blues from the rooftops,,,nobody was putting it online,,uk420 was trying to monopolise it,,,then elevatorman messaged me and said he's picked it up for me , the real one,,,i started calling my cut the Sheffield blues,, nobody realy called it that online so much,,,I started sending it out ,,I've got a feeling it's the same cut,,,imo it's the ultimate cheese type ,,but it's not cheese so ya always need to have the blues and a cheese

GoldenSyrup

uk420 was trying to monopolise it,

Ugorg*

But anyway, there is the Livers cut, that also gets called blues and kriss-kross. Thats the only cut, any other cut is just a ugorg reproduction.

It was literally 2009/2010 a year after the ugorg release that all of sudden there were "steel city blues" "sheffield blues" etc etc cuts started to come out of the woodworks with loads of pie in the sky stories about where they came from - I can tell ya, a pack of fucking ugorg blues lmao

,imo it's the ultimate cheese type ,,but it's not cheese

This. If you've had the real livers you can always tell a ugorg reproduction.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure if I have ever smoked the Livers ,,years ago i wasn'tsure if blues and livers were the same cut, i labled elevatormans cut blues/livers,,it was like they was interchangeable,,,but elevator man said they were different tho so I dropped the Livers tag and changed it to Sheffield blues as I was buying 1.4g bags for 20quid from Sheffield and it was identical weed,,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elevator man who imo was one of the ultimate sources of uk cuts and information,,,he said they were both different,,,his words , the livers smells more like basement dank and the blues is sweeter,

Dam I wish elevator man would come back,,,he basically dumped ICMag after an issue with British Hempire, I hope to god he's not another name on the list of dead og's

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I'm not sure if I have ever smoked the Livers ,,years ago i wasn'tsure if blues and livers were the same cut, i labled elevatormans cut blues/livers,,it was like they was interchangeable,,,but elevator man said they were different tho so I dropped the Livers tag and changed it to Sheffield blues as I was buying 1.4g bags for 20quid from Sheffield and it was identical weed,,,

Remember EM had his Mystery Strain, and also the one he called "the smelly one" or something like that. There's prob photos in his gallery if you look hard enough.

So even back then there were lots of similar ones. And cheese.

Peace

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Actually I just found his posts about it and I think he's just talking about blues/Livers maybe?

I had to order some greenery today to cover me for a few days until my next crop comes down - I was pleased to see that it was the 'other' cut of my 'Mystery Strain'. I thought I may as well at least try to get an ID on it now, as I plan to start breeding with this soon:

There are two versions of this in my area, both with vague/disputed origins. Mine is untouched since at least '93, as the guy I got it from has owned it that long at least, and he doesn't grow anything else at all. This version is from a different source entirely, although back in the mists of time, possibly not, and is much more widespread, although they're largely similar - whether they are different phenos of the same old crop, or whether there's been a cross in this one, I don't know, but they're not identical. I'll have to refrain from using the local nickname, unfortunately, for security reasons - and I'm not asking folks to try and guess that either! But it's always otherwise just referred to as 'that smelly one'...:)

However, it is NOT Cheese, although it has a similar pedigree - it's from around '91/'92, which rules out most current 'popular' varieties, and it's from similar sources, I think. If it's a named strain, it will be one of the original SSSC or Seed Bank strains from around that time. I heard rumours it may have come from the US, but it's unverifiable. I'm growing Skunk #1 right now, and it's nothing like that.

What is similar to Cheese is that it absolutely REEKS. After ten minutes exposed, I had to open all my windows and doors, and box it up in an airtight container - I'd not even smoked it yet. However, the smell is much more fuel/fruity than cheesy - it's like a really fruity solvent like Acetone - peardrop candy or something equally intense, with petrol and blueberry notes on top. My pheno is a more fragrant perfumy version than this one, which is just DANK, but that may be growing/curing than anything - I also use ozone where this guy doesn't. I should also say that this bud is not properly dry yet.
But it's similar to Northern Lights/Jack Herer in that fuel/fruity area, but it's just so much stronger-smelling than either, and less generic. Also the hit is very powerful indeed - not couchlock at all, but so strong that it does have that effect on many people - not me, but then I'm a fiend...:)
It's about 50/50 Indica/Sativa in the high, but it grows fast, 7-8 weeks max, stretches a lot, and grows fairly distinct buds as opposed to running ones. But they are incredibly hard to the touch, even whilst growing, and very heavy indeed - great hash strain too.

I've been trying to identify this for years now - short of me touring A'Dam with a bud, can anyone help here? I'll take some pics of a small clone plant shortly so folks can see how it looks early on, but these are some I took today of this impressive bud, and some smaller bits - there's a few spectacular buds of my pheno in my gallery:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Like i said, i've only smoked what was supposed to be blues and livers, I only had the exodus cheese cut and i wish i still had it. All i've got is Cheese crossed with my Mexican Michoacán. They should be female seeds as i let the Mexican flower until i got a few bananas, and i got 40odd seeds from the cheese on the lowest bud sites..

HazyDaze420

blues / livers .... wasnt that cut supposed to come from them ends... blues/livers is a watered down version of sheff and exodus...

blues/livers is alot more chemical earthy dirty dank as in there is no fruit or floral its chemical....

if you smoked exo and sheff you will know the chemical taste i mean...
I don't t know bud, but I have just run a "cheese" cut that was acquired in liverpool many years ago, and it's miles away form cheese to be totally honest, don't get me wrong she's a lovely little skunk plant that many would accept as cheese, but she just hasn't got that eye burning, nose sniffling astringent thing going on that the cheese gives off.

:ying:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually I just found his posts about it and I think he's just talking about blues/Livers maybe?
Honestly bro,,,all elevator man's post need re reading,,I'm not 1000% sure but this is how I remember it

He had his "smelly one" ,, it was the same cut he called his "mystery strain",, but his mates had another "mystery strain" super similar but different to his "smelly one",,,

He would then describe blues as sweet,, Livers as a different cut again "basement dank",,,so just in that set that's 4 and none of them He described as CHEESE,,,

Madness I know

I keep working in the grow room and find myself drifting off and thinking of stoney,, started talking to him like he's sat in front of me too,,,dunno if it's weird,,feels it

GoldenSyrup

He had his "smelly one" ,, it was the same cut he called his "mystery strain",, but his mates had another "mystery strain" super similar but different to his "smelly one",,,

He would then describe blues as sweet,, Livers as a different cut again "basement dank",,,so just in that set that's 4 and none of them He described as CHEESE,,,

I've been very lucky to have handled, grown and smoked rather alot of Cheese, Livers and Barnsley Jack over my career (more so Livers and the Jack, what with being a local lad to both areas) theres not a lot in them tbh. Your average bear probably wouldn't be able to tell on the surface of it.

I'm going over myself now, but there are 2 (two) cuts from that local area, which might be "the mystery one" or "the smellyone" depending on which way around he was speaking. Barnsley Jack and Livers are very similar, but not the same. The Barnsley Jack has a weird plastecene kinda smell, I can appreciate why he might've described it as acetone. Much like I wouldn't describe livers as basement dank, I'd have called it fusty old leather jacket. Not a million miles away.

real blues and kriss-kross, are just livers. If its SWEET then its a ugorg reproduction, OR it could be Jack x Blues which was a local clone only in its own right. But both the ugorg reproduction and Jack x Blues are post-2008, so it wont be either of those.

Neither of them are 8 weeks or less though, Livers is 10 weeks and the Barnsley Jack is 11 weeks.

Heres a few shots from the last time I saw the Barnsley Jack, I think it was 2013 or 2014. I never took cuts as they were a local aquisition - the guy didn't know what they were and i needed cuts lol. By the time I realised it was getting on in flower, I was too wet behind the ears to know you could reveg or take cuts from a flowering plant and the guy wasnt answering the phone and they slipped through my fingers. Not seen her again since.

BJ1.jpg bj2.jpg bj3.jpg