What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mulanje Gold

bamboozle

ICMag Donor
Here are some shots of some Mulanje Gold clones that I was gifted. Ridiculous sized nuggets. The squares that form the cage are 6" x 6" inches each. Wasn't doing much for the past few weeks, and then suddenly boom, she literally, tripled in size. Nose is just really coming on, and she is starting to finally pack on the resin. Switching to 10/14 after riding out the 11/13 schedule has really helped induce the type of flowering that I've been waiting for.

Attachments

• _stripped__stripped_20130518_163524.jpg
    _stripped__stripped_20130518_163524.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 61
  • _stripped_20130518_163530.jpg
    _stripped_20130518_163530.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 58

Siever

Veteran
Hi Bamboozle,

What do you mean with "riding out the 11/13 schedule as really helped induce the type of flowering that I've been waiting for."?
Are you growing Holy smoke/Malberry seeds' Mulanje Gold?
I'm currently growing Malawi from Ace seeds and they are the best looking plants I've ever grown.

Greetings

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking nice... can't wait to see how she smokes!

I think he meant that he had better results with 10/14 instead of 11/13 or normal 12/12, some pure tropical strains work better with longer nights I guess.

:)

bamboozle

ICMag Donor
Hi Bamboozle,

What do you mean with "riding out the 11/13 schedule as really helped induce the type of flowering that I've been waiting for."?
Are you growing Holy smoke/Malberry seeds' Mulanje Gold?
I'm currently growing Malawi from Ace seeds and they are the best looking plants I've ever grown.

Greetings

I meant that when I lengthened the night schedule on them, they started to flower harder. It could have been that they were in week 10, but it was a three fold increase in nugget size. I have never seen anything chunk up like that so late. I'm also growing a Thai sativa called Mangga, which is reacting similar. Its interesting to note that the Durban, the Colombians, and some of the other Thais and are not reacting with the same tremendous difference in size that Mangga and this Mulanje Gold have. The terpene production is significantly up as well.

As far as the origin of these genetics go, I don't know. This was a clone that was gifted to me, I will find out.

420empire

Veteran
Sounds interesting, and nice plants you have.

Is there is any problems in growing hybrids an pure indicas together with tropical sats when it comes to the light and push it to 10/ 14.? Or how would this effect the overall picture.?

bamboozle

ICMag Donor
I don't think there is a difference. I wouldn't know though for sure, because I only have sativas under that cycle. The indicas finished lovely under the 11/13 cycle. And I spoke to my buddy that gave me the clone, it was a Holy Smokes Mulanje, which I guess from what I'm hearing is a Malberry Mulanje?

Peace,
Bamboo

Siever

Veteran
Bamboozle,

Yes Holy Smoke and Mallberry sell the same Mulanje. Thanks for the info on your lightning schedule. I'm going to try it staight away on my Malawi's.

Hey Bamboozle - I grew some of Holy Smoke Seed's strains:

Malawi:

Mozambique Poison (male)

and

Mulanje:

Smelled just like Bubblicious bubblegum on the plant and smelled like catpiss when drying. Now in the jars it smells like cheese :p

Not the best bag appeal but it will numb your lips and make you feel like you are falling off of the face of the earth for the first 20 minutes and then giggle and go on tangents for 4 hours ^^

Cheers,
Mo

You should grow ace seeds malawi next time, I remember you saying that the trics were still clear in december when you harvested them. Ace's malawi are 11-14 weeks

Here are some shots of some Mulanje Gold clones that I was gifted. Ridiculous sized nuggets. The squares that form the cage are 6" x 6" inches each. Wasn't doing much for the past few weeks, and then suddenly boom, she literally, tripled in size. Nose is just really coming on, and she is starting to finally pack on the resin. Switching to 10/14 after riding out the 11/13 schedule has really helped induce the type of flowering that I've been waiting for.

Very nice plants man!. I have these seeds along with others from holy smoke. What week are you into now? the seedbank says 10-12 but surely more?

Rinse

Veteran
Very nice grows, looks like holy smokes have authentic strains despite the photoshopping.

Latest posts

Latest posts