What's new

SOG yields

whodi

Veteran
What's the average yield per cola with the SOG method.. veg 5-10 days... 60 plants 2x4 ebb flow tray with 2 600 watt lights..

I know a lot of shit varies.. but i was jsut curious how much SOG growers are yielding per cola...

mme_oscar

Yo

whodi said:
What's the average yield per cola with the SOG method.. veg 5-10 days... 60 plants 2x4 ebb flow tray with 2 600 watt lights..

I know a lot of shit varies.. but i was jsut curious how much SOG growers are yielding per cola...

I usually get an average yield per plant of 15 to 27 g from lollypops (25 cuts per 1.2m x 1.2 m square, 600w)... Depending strain...

Hope it helps...

+++

EDIT: & I would say you can get more (probably to an average of 35 with high yielding plants...) but in my case, I can't realy spend time for them.

Last edited:
oscar is right, depending on yield of the plant lollypoping can go up to 35grams a plant. The idea is to know your strain and fill in the empty spots as possible. If you have a strain that produce a big cola you would go with lesser plants but a strain that produce a small cola you'll go with more plants. GL. Oh yea and trillis is a must.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I am considering going SOG on my next grow. I have only grown tree style with big plants. I use the 8 bucket waterfarm and would put 3-4 plants per bucket for a total of 24-32 plants in a 4x5 (20 sq feet) space under 1200 watts. I average about 4-6 oz per plant tree style (2 pounds total) with 4 weeks of veg under 1k MH. I would want to get the same or better yield going SOG with less veg time.

mme_oscar

wafflehouselove said:
Oh yea and trillis is a must.

Hey, I may look stupid... what a trillis is??? (In my language it just sound cool).... Is that a net or stack???

Cheers

whodi - I think you might want to consider decreasing your number of plants. My experience shows me that any more than 4 plants per square foot can really start to affect yields. The numbers that oscar is talking about are doable, but not at the density (7.5 psf) that you currently are talking about. If you really want to run that kind of density you might want to consider getting rid of the veg time all together and flower as soon as they are rooted to prevent overgrowth of your space...and I think that 10-14 grams per plant would be quite impressive with that method. If you have the space take 2 2 x 4 trays with 1 600 over each and the same 60 plants (assuming a good SOG strain) veg 10 days and 20-30 grams per plant should be doable with a little dialing in.

albert

i going for sog for my first grow ( currently developing mother stock ) because of a thread here by drgreenbud where he was yielding 21g dry per stick.

whodi

Veteran
drifter421 said:
i going for sog for my first grow ( currently developing mother stock ) because of a thread here by drgreenbud where he was yielding 21g dry per stick.

got a link?

Den0ts

Yea this is a good post. We should make a form or template for this post like so:

Strain:
Plants per sq. ft.:
Hydro method and medium:
Wattage:
Veg Time:
Height/nodes at flower:
Height at end of flower:
Stretch amount (in% or inches):
Grams per kola:
Grams per watt:
Grams per sq ft:

I think this would let us (as a community) dial in the proper numbers in SOG. Obviously genetics and wattage will play a factor.

Keep them stats commin'!

stoney419

Den0ts said:
Yea this is a good post. We should make a form or template for this post like so:

Strain:
Plants per sq. ft.:
Hydro method and medium:
Wattage:
Veg Time:
Height/nodes at flower:
Height at end of flower:
Grams per kola:
Grams per watt:
Grams per sq ft:

I think this would let us (as a community) dial in the proper numbers in SOG. Obviously genetics and wattage will play a factor.

Keep them stats commin'!
I think he's right

blackone

Veteran
Den0ts said:

Strain:
Plants per sq. ft.:
Hydro method and medium:
Wattage:
Veg Time:
Height/nodes at flower:
Height at end of flower:
Grams per kola:
Grams per watt:
Grams per sq ft:

Keep them stats commin'!

g/KWh including the electricity used for vegging is a better metric than g/W. SOG really shines when measuring that way:)

been around since overgrow, what is lolipopin?colas??iam growing bagseed under the new t5 2x3 closet.since its bag seed and even if i used a trilis the canopy whold be uneven,right?

i know they look sick but check out myt5 micro thread later i ll have pcs - itransplanted hem last night in sunshinemix,still got about 8 in cups but iam transplntn in a few days.pics will b up soon. peace &overgrow.