What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's breeding cbg chemotypes?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Interested in this topic too! I gotta sample some Dude wheres my bike, and TW/Gc immediately.... The only strains ive read about online with high levels are Oaxacan {Sativa's Eldorado}, and Aces Panama/congo... few others but those are the 3 I wanted to get... You just broadened the known list for me, and I highly appreciate it!

I'm searching for a Sativa that is great for anxiety, and mood lift. True day brightener, and depression killer. Ive experienced a special sativa 1 time in my life so far with the desired effect. The main trait that stood out was how long it took the buzz to kick in. It took at least 5 minutes for the hit to kick in, and when it did I was in a bright bubbly cartoon world of happiness. Another trait was how much stronger I felt the high in my eyes... The strongest headband feeling, and burning red eyes of fire. Permagrin weed... Hopefully cbg is the answer

Carraxe

Veteran
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Most Important Weed Compound No One Is Talking About"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Any proof of that, or just bullshit?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
My strains with OGKB cookies in them have high levels of CBG, some over 3% with total cannabinoids over 30%.

That makes them rare according to Russo, many cookies come in over 1% and I've seen over 4% on the legacy OGKB.

This is a test on my San Fernando Valley Breath. 3% + CBGa https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=77197&pictureid=1855236

There are a number of my seeds available online now check my IG for info on the seed bank, it's the last link in my signature.

There are regular crosses of OGKB cookies x Corey, sour dubble, and ECSD and fems with glue and cookies.

Oregon CBD has CBG only seeds but you can't buy less than $5000 and need a state permit.

I doubt the effects are energizing but maybe if it's isolated, in cookie strains I don't find much energy.:biggrin:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Prof is in the paperwork,, read russo and you tell me,, i guess we are here to talk and find this out on our own

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My strains with OGKB cookies in them have high levels of CBG, some over 3% with total cannabinoids over 30%.

That makes them rare according to Russo, many cookies come in over 1% and I've seen over 4% on the legacy OGKB.

This is a test on my San Fernando Valley Breath. 3% + CBGa https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=77197&pictureid=1855236

There are a number of my seeds available online now check my IG for info on the seed bank, it's the last link in my signature.

There are regular crosses of OGKB cookies x Corey, sour dubble, and ECSD and fems with glue and cookies.

Oregon CBD has CBG only seeds but you can't buy less than $5000 and need a state permit.

I doubt the effects are energizing but maybe if it's isolated, in cookie strains I don't find much energy.:biggrin:

Extremely interesting stuff,,, seems like you are talking about clones I personally love,, like the cookies flavor,, i have this jigga clone and I'm literally loving it to the frigging max

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Most Important Weed Compound No One Is Talking About"[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Any proof of that, or just bullshit?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Click the link,, that's the heading,, let's discuss,, the discourse is what is nessery

Carraxe

Veteran
Click the link,, that's the heading,, let's discuss,, the discourse is what is nessery

I've read it. I've got the feeling of that it uses personal opinions to say that CBG is basically like the THC.

Not much science on that.

I'd love to get something more conclusive.

Thanks

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, most definitely. Mark Lewis' group at Napro has a great variety that is equal parts CBD to CBDV--some of their licensed cultivators used it to win at the Emerald Cup last year. We'll have our lines out for field trials summer of 2020.

It has taken some time to develop them. Propyls (i.e. the varins) are a little more finicky than pentyls (the "regular" acid forms we are all used to); because of that, the order of operation is to isolate the pentyls first, then work to increase the propyl fraction. In other words, you have to first find good CBD, CBG, CBC, THC, etc. candidate lines, then outcross or inbreed towards the target of increasing respective CBDV, CBGV, CBCV, THCV, etc. Even with "substantially pure" propyl varieties, there is significant variation of the total "V" proportion present between siblings within seed lines. Some can be 20/80 varin/pentyl, while others are 80/20; the variation is normally distributed.

The lack of CBGVA reference standards have also been a bit of an impediment. It definitely reinforces the reality that even the best cannabis labs lose their usefulness to breeders attempting to isolate compounds rather quickly--our most interesting targets today are just unknown spikes on a chromatogram.

For what it's worth, I can also confirm what you were reading in those other threads that THCV is most definitely NOT psychoactive.

Has anyone here used these supplies to yeald some rare isolates?

Latest posts

Latest posts