What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have troubles with clones and coco

maimunji

Ok this is what I do.
I have healthy green rooted cuts under cfl lights in solo cups of coco root bound. I transplant them in 400 ml cups and put them under 600 w mh. Day after transplant cuts yellowing. I wait few days and feed regular. New growth is stunted, pale, droopy. Around week later I check roots they are white healthy and root bound I move them in 2 litters pots. Around week later clones completely rootbound new home but still have same droopy looking, pale new growth, purple stems and purple petioles. I have 6 plants from seeds in same tent and they are healthy and grow.
I feed clones 1.0 e.c Bulb is around 2 feet away.
Any help will be welcome many thanks.

beta

Veteran
Are you rinsing your coco with nutrient solution before you transplant into it? Are you watering with plain water at any time? Have you tried watering 2x per day? Even fresh transplants can handle that in coco.

maimunji

Are you rinsing your coco with nutrient solution before you transplant into it?
No. I transplant from solo cups to 400 ml cups with canna coco out of the bag. From 400 ml cups to 2 ltr. pots I use coco from previous grow that I rince from flowering cycle under tap water until ppm read 200-400.
Then watering with weak nutes little cal mag and cannazim and let it sit.

Are you watering with plain water at any time?
Never
Have you tried watering 2x per day?
Even fresh transplants can handle that in coco.
No I feed every second day and let them drink most of the moisture until watering again.

Last edited:

maimunji

Here is few notes from last week.
I give them cal mag half dose along with my regular feeding once. This give me around 1.4 e.c.
Upped epsom salt in my feeding from 50 to 100 ppm. (0.5 conversation)
Yesterday I transplant from 2 ltr to 1 gal pots.
They looks a little better today I mean they are not piss yellow.

maimunji

And pics from today they look better to me color of new growth was piss yellow before few days.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DJXX

Veteran
there are several leaf charts in the infimary and you might find which deficiency they have there>>DJXX

maimunji

there are several leaf charts in the infimary and you might find which deficiency they have there>>DJXX

Im looking to understand what im doing wrong in whole cycle from cfl to mh because they looks sick day after I put them under mh. So not only to know what kind of deficiency they have. To me they looks like - Mg or -P.
Or overwatering.
I have few plants from seeds there with same feeding and they look much better.

beta

Veteran
I wait until they dry then watering them, then transplant and not touch them until they dry. Then watering again.

This is your problem, imo. Coco should always always always be wet. If you ever see dry coco, you're not watering near enough.

Dry coco = concentrated salts = wild EC / pH swings

Last edited:

DJXX

Veteran
Im looking to understand what im doing wrong in whole cycle from cfl to mh because they looks sick day after I put them under mh. So not only to know what kind of deficiency they have. To me they looks like - Mg or -P.
Or overwatering.
I have few plants from seeds there with same feeding and they look much better.
plants do go through a lil shock when transplanted and maybe thats your culprit, hope you figure it out, though your plants didn't look too bad...Good Luck DJXX

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I slow down watering after transplant as well.

What do you mean in EC by applying "little nutes" at transplant?

I give them 1.0-1.2 directly at transplant and wait a few days varying on average pot weight. Rarely have stunting unless I fuck up elsewhere.

Temp/RH?

How close is the 600w when switching from cfl to MH?

maimunji

I slow down watering after transplant as well.

What do you mean in EC by applying "little nutes" at transplant?

I give them 1.0-1.2 directly at transplant and wait a few days varying on average pot weight. Rarely have stunting unless I fuck up elsewhere.

Temp/RH?

How close is the 600w when switching from cfl to MH?
I feed same 1.0-1.2. E.c.
Temp is 23-25C° day. Night 17-20 C°. Rh is 60-65. Previous week was 70 but I turn on dehumidifier at this point.
600 w is around 3 feet away I also think about that because cfl is even more away around 4 feet at the top of 5 feet tent.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try 4' after transplant.

Think we've gone over this before but what is your base nutrient? What EC/ppm is a half dose of camg reading?

maimunji

H&G cocos A&B. Currently at 1.3 ml /per litter. Around 5 ml A&B per us gallon I max 2 ml/per litter or 8 ml per gallon week 5-6 of flowering.
Half dose cal mag is 150 ppm 0.3 e.c. its 4-0-0
I dont add cal mag to my regular feedings just epsom.
Tap water is 140-150 ppm. 44 ppm Ca 12 ppm mag.

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah ya got me. All I can think is to replace the epsom with more base or try reducing tap water to 0.1EC.

Haven't used H&G in a few years but got a lot more purple leaf stems when I did.

Are you always using recycled coco for the final transplant? What I am getting at is some people have issue with over recycling. They tend to graduate to mixing in new coir around 70/30 old/new. Never tried it myself for very long.