What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti

G

Great to hear,man!If they reach to seedbay some day I 'll make an account to try them,looks like an awesome indica strain!

Carraxe

Veteran
Great to hear,man!If they reach to seedbay some day I 'll make an account to try them,looks like an awesome indica strain!

I don't think Seedbay is working. We should look for another way to send them, I'd like to see them growing. Where are you from?

This strain is an awesome indica. Due to parental selection, I'm sure the siblings will have the same hard indica stone.

Cheers

G

Sucks that sb is down,I have missed such great stuff not having an account there...Hopefully we will find a way.I am from Greece,sent you a pm.Thanks a lot !
Cheers !:tiphat:

Carraxe

Veteran
After just 5 days from flowering switch, this female Taskenti 2012 shows the fast growing related with this strain. Some have called her a sativa hashplant!

The 2012 version was the one that looked faster growing. This one is in a tight space between many plants, so that's why she didn't branch much.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've been watching and smelling the buds from the females I am testing, after more of a month of curing.

I can say that all of them are of subtle aroma. No one of them stinks, you can open a jar anywhere. Buds look big and meaty, but not hard rock. Still very dense.

The only 2005 female I tested (I have 2 more waiting) is the subtler in smell, but when you rub the bud you can feel some minty bit over anything else. It is my first minty Tashkenti, I'll smoke some tomorrow.

Today I'm testing the 2012 female #1. The smell of her grinded buds is a gasoline lemon harmony. It remembers me the smell of an old pharmacy, lemon candy and organic solvents... Not acid lemon, nor sour gasoline. Very round, complete, without edges, it is a pleasure. I remember this smell from the 2012 run.

The smoke is as expected, it will send me to bed. I can't analyze the flavor yet.

The #2 female smells a little stronger, like if it had some more eucalyptus, but it is still very similar to #1.

The #4 female is the less attractive, with a little weak aroma and a grassier feeling, but I'll wait to smoke her before discarding for breeding.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've started growing the plants coming from these crosses. I'll let you know how they go, but I'm pretty sure about them. I've been smoking the 2005 and 2012 females and they are as expected.

I believe the 2012 version is tastier, its got more aroma. Maybe the 2005 version is stronger, but it is difficult to say since I always sleep after smoking Taskenti.

I'm revegging the two 2005 females I thought they were males. Their resin is very sticky and their smell remembers that of my selected cut. Probably they are going to be tastier.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Pictures from the newborn Taskenti. I didn't wait the couple of months that new seeds need to have a good germ rate, but I just couldn't. Anyway, there are plants enough to test the father separately, and they are still germinating.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Just a Taskenti 2005 full of spider mites, and just after 7 and a half weeks flowering. She'll be ready soon.

These are the newborn plants. I planted them so fresh that some of them started sprouting three weeks after planting. I've labelled the males I used in each cross to select the best ones between the 2005 and 2012 seeds, the mother is the unbeatable TT GZ.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi!
After a couple of weeks with few news, I can already say that the Taskentis are taking the form one would expect. Very short internodes, big dark leaves and intoxicating stink.

Plants made with 2012 males (left of the first picture) look to be growing faster.

Sorry, I changed orientation on this one but something happened.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some shitty phone pictures of the Taskentis. Now they are growing taller, they were put very close to each other and didn't develop any branching.

I'm putting them to flower.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I have problems with my camera, so instead I took some phone pictures, to keep it going.

Taskentis after 5 weeks flowering. Summer grows are usually terrible, and I have spider mites, but I can't complain much yet. Pistils are burnt due to heat and soap I use to keep spider mites under control. 2005 and 2012 descendants look very similar, and looks like the 2008 cut I keep is very dominant, which I consider a good thing.

Cheers

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Taskenti seems like a great line. It is one I would love to grow but I'm not sure where to get it at. I'm always interested in genetics that provide a narcotic stone so I can sleep. Insomnia sucks.

Carraxe

Veteran
Just four days ago I planted some more Taskenti seeds, the ones I made some months ago. In one of the trays, all seeds sprouted in a very short time. The plants I've already harvested appear to carry all the nice characteristics and the smell is great, so everything is promising.

Cheers

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
So is Taskenti really the ultimate "narcotic" Indica? How does it compare to Afghanis or a strain like Black Domina?

Carraxe

Veteran
So is Taskenti really the ultimate "narcotic" Indica? How does it compare to Afghanis or a strain like Black Domina?

It is the ultimate narcotic indica for sure. I've had some Sensi Afghanis and a cut of Black Domina that is very famous in Spain so I can make a comparison.

I find Taskenti to be tastier and stronger than Afghanis. Also produces more. Black Domina has a better flavor, but that of Taskenti is more natural. I believe Taskenti is stronger than Black Domina as well, but Black Domina is probably more commercial and the production and bag appeal can be better.

I can also add that Black Domina is a dutch hybrid and Taskenti is a breeding work made with Uzbek plants, so it is a different, special thing, carrying the most interesting characteristics of a real Uzbek Hashplant. Taste and aroma are unique.

Taskenti is something everybody should try. A real hashplant.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
what would you choose to outcross taskenti with? done any?

I've crossed her with a SAD I selected (SAD is a Black Domina S1). I've found that Black Domina seedlings tend to be quite different, but I expect that those from my selection will be better.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
That's how they look today. 57 out of 60 sprouted (95% success), and just one mutant. Not bad for an inbreed line.

Latest posts

Latest posts